IGNORED

Fabian Delph

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-21402288/

Everton are favourites to sign Leeds United's £7million-rated midfielder Fabian Delph . The Merseyside club hope to wrap up a summer deal for the 19-year-old.

Delph was a revelation for Leeds last season and had scouts flocking to Elland Road to monitor his progress.

Manager Simon Grayson was determined to hold onto the Bradford-born midfielder, who emerged through their youth system.

But after failing to secure promotion from League One in the play-offs for the second successive term, he will reluctantly allow the player to leave.

However, Leeds are making it clear that unless their valuation is met, he will remain their player.

You could make a youtube vid of Leon Osman goals (eg Larissa, Sunderland, Macclesfield, second at Fulham last week to name a few) that would make him look an absolute genius.

Not saying that Delph is a poor player, I've not seen him, but a compilation of a few goals proves nothing :) . Er, specially when they're against Crewe and Walsall :huh: .

It is alot of dosh for an unproven player at a high level but my own opinion is this lad will be a big player for club and country in the years to come given that he goes to the right club to progress. I agree with Mike the clips are good to give us a glimpse at what may be but dont give us solid assurances.

Its alot of money but me personally if we could i would buy him as he has the makings of a fantastic player.

Edited by EFC-Paul

You could make a youtube vid of Leon Osman goals (eg Larissa, Sunderland, Macclesfield, second at Fulham last week to name a few) that would make him look an absolute genius.

Not saying that Delph is a poor player, I've not seen him, but a compilation of a few goals proves nothing :) . Er, specially when they're against Crewe and Walsall :huh: .

I was at the game against Walsall (my best friend is a Walsall fan and Leeds is only 30 mins away for me) and can say that he was class. Not just the goals, he has real potential and I feel that if he moves to a bigger club (such as us) then he can recognise his potential. I'd prefer him to Ledley TBH. I don't agree with the fee however.

It's true that you can make anyone look good with a youtube clip but Delph is a good player. I think he'll be a hit in the future if he moves upwards. I'd be delighted if he signed for us.

Guest efctaxi

I doubt the fee would be that much .

You can't tell anything about a player from a compilation video either unfortunately . They're not exactly going to highlight his dull moments .

I imagine beside Delph's transfer in the fee column it will read undisclosed. I'd imagine it's be about £3/4mil up front then the rest on club appearances and performance/if he gets a 2nd contract and first international cap, they'll also be a sell-on agreement. He sounds very good but not seen enough of him to truely comment.

Hmm can you CraccerC or some1 else tell where he usually plays? We would have him on the left side nad move Peanuts to right side and our right side problems would be 50% less right away :) . This fella seems to have nice shot, but like that videomaker has said that last goal is goal of the season, i would definitely prefer that second goal. It was amazing shot from indirect freekick

It's not his personal problems that are the reason I think this deal is unlikely. I just don't see us spending £7million (staggered or not) on a player that won't come straight into the first team when we're crying poverty.

Macclesfield ???/

Hmm can you CraccerC or some1 else tell where he usually plays? We would have him on the left side nad move Peanuts to right side and our right side problems would be 50% less right away :) . This fella seems to have nice shot, but like that videomaker has said that last goal is goal of the season, i would definitely prefer that second goal. It was amazing shot from indirect freekick

Why do so many people on this site want to move Piennar on to the right ? He has formed an excellent partnership with Baines so why split them up?

Its not as if he could go and form an equally good partnership with our attacking right back is it!

Edited by StevO

Why do so many people on this site want to move Piennar on to the right ? He has formed an excellent partnership with Baines so why split them up?

Its not as if he could go and form an equally good partnership with our attacking right back is it!

Its not just about splitting them up. Bainesy and Peanuts are doing good job together, no doubt. But Pienaar is actually better on right side and hes right footed, he would get much more good crosses done that side. Right side is our weak side atm, and Peanuts there with hes work morale, would do good in there. And i dont want him to move right before we have some good for the left side, of course. Baines is quality, he will do good partnership in left side with another hard working and skilled player aswell.

Edited by LexKing

I'm of the opinion that Pienaar would operate better as a player on the right wing, simply becasuse he is right footed and the only thing that annoys me with him on the left wing is that he always has to cut back onto his stronger foot. I would also add that the game I think that Peanuts played best in was the Sunderland away game where in the second half he played on the right wing and caused alot of damage.

As stated above Baines is a quality player and will forge new partnerships, it would be good to open up opritons. It would also benefit the team tactically as the left and right wingers would be more adept to swapping postions and causing probelms that way.

When i've seen him play he played a central postion, though he will often drift out wide onto the left wing.

Edited by StevO

When i've seen him play he played a central postion, though he will often drift out wide onto the left wing.

centre correct...but he does have quite a lot of freedom at leeds, he drifts right quite a bit too, he could actually play on the right always looks dangerous when he does and cuts back in. i think that's where he'd be best for us because he's not good enough to take over arteta (obviously) and wouldn't like to move pienaar at the moment. if he were to play on the left or right though it's very likely he'll drift infield a lot, like stevie does so as far as a winger goes, he's not it...but he's still a very good little player.

its called balance mate.