IGNORED

Fabian Delph

57 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Delph was tidy today, watching him live you can see him talking a lot and seems to have integrated himself already. Always wanted the ball which I like. He’s not just a stopper he can see a pass 

Seems like what a few of us have been saying that we have been missing from a certain one trick Pony MF, good  on Delph. 

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

I can, we'd be selling a player to a club with CL ambitions and "replacing" him with a player discarded by one. However you spin it (more 'dynamic' midfield, which I think is grasping at straws) it's a backward step for me.

Signing for a champions league club doesn't make you instantly better than a cast off from another. If City were in for Gana they'd be more of an argument but not PSG side that signed Choupo-Moting from Stoke last year. 

My only worry is that is definitely not a Gana replacement, or rather not the type people wanted to replace Gana with. He seems less creative than Gana even. Great on the ball and always willing to receive it, but not the type we would be hoping to replace Gana, that can unlock a defence.

But then Im basing that on 45 mins haha. But that what is Evertonians do isn't it?

26 minutes ago, Shukes said:

My only worry is that is definitely not a Gana replacement, or rather not the type people wanted to replace Gana with. He seems less creative than Gana even. Great on the ball and always willing to receive it, but not the type we would be hoping to replace Gana, that can unlock a defence.

But then Im basing that on 45 mins haha. But that what is Evertonians do isn't it?

Now I know you’re taking the piss Gana creative, you need to take that joke to the Apollo Live your have them falling out their seats, creative my arse he is probably the least creative player in the team 😀

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Doesn’t need to be creative though - just win it and move it quickly to the likes of - Gylfi, Gomes, Bernard, Richarlison, Dinge and from there we go!

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Now I know you’re taking the piss Gana creative, you need to take that joke to the Apollo Live your have them falling out their seats, creative my arse he is probably the least creative player in the team 😀

Think your drunk again mate. I was pointing out that he wasn’t creative, but that Delph created even less. 

Thats why I do t think he’s the answer to our creativity problem.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Doesn’t need to be creative though - just win it and move it quickly to the likes of - Gylfi, Gomes, Bernard, Richarlison, Dinge and from there we go!

I agree there. Was just pointing out that he’s not the creative spark that some wanted to replace Gana.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

From what I saw his passing and directness was much sharper and poaitive than Gana and that is what we need from someone in that role. Gomes can play, Siggy has guile and then we have the two wide players to bring that creativity. 

Time will tell though!

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

From what I saw his passing and directness was much sharper and poaitive than Gana and that is what we need from someone in that role. Gomes can play, Siggy has guile and then we have the two wide players to bring that creativity. 

Time will tell though!

his pressing and positioning was much worse though.  he doesn't have anywhere near the talent Gana did in disposssing players and breaking up play.  

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Think your drunk again mate. I was pointing out that he wasn’t creative, but that Delph created even less. 

Thats why I do t think he’s the answer to our creativity problem.

Listen to Bailey mate the wise one ☝️, what I was saying is you used the word creative in the same sentence as Gana who is not creative, and therefore it’s impossible for Delph to be less creative than Gana who is non creative, Gana is disruptive to the opposition and not creative for us. 

37 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Time will tell though!

Spot on Bailey when the wise words are required you deliver, your definitely not Gana in your delivery more like an Arteta. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Listen to Bailey mate the wise one ☝️, what I was saying is you used the word creative in the same sentence as Gana who is not creative, and therefore it’s impossible for Delph to be less creative than Gana who is non creative, Gana is disruptive to the opposition and not creative for us. 

Can’t agree, but do realise it’s just opinion. I didn’t see anything that suggest creativeness, but it’s a half of a match.

I do like his willingness to receive the ball though and think Davies is going to grow learning from him.

Everton come before me and you proving each other right/wrong though.

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Can’t agree, but do realise it’s just opinion. I didn’t see anything that suggest creativeness, but it’s a half of a match.

I do like his willingness to receive the ball though and think Davies is going to grow learning from him.

Everton come before me and you proving each other right/wrong though.

You use to be fun you was meant to bite 😂 Stop being so  diplomatic it whines me up😀

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

his pressing and positioning was much worse though.  he doesn't have anywhere near the talent Gana did in disposssing players and breaking up play.  

Positioning was better but his ability to close and press play was worse. It was only 45 minutes though so we will know a lot more about him in due course.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say he’s better than Gana at the thing he does best winning the ball back, but some think he could offer different dynamics to the team which could improve us, let’s see how he’s performing after 5 or 6 games.