IGNORED

Fabian Delph

25 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'd still rather see us play 4-3-3 long term. And that means no 'number 10'. So Iwobi either has to learn to play deeper or suck it up and play wide in a front 3, which he looked like he was sulking about on Sunday. 

agreed.  the fullbacks we have suit a 433, they run up and down the flanks and are able to sling in crosses.  richarlison/walcott/bernard have pace and are able to stretch the defense and can attack from the flanks and makes runs into the box.  Kean and DCL have pace as well.  Davies delph gbamin gomes are all suited to playing a midfield 3.  gbamin the busquests sitter role and delph/davies/gomes play the 2 other more advanced spots (inverted triangle ala barca).  the players we have suit the 433 better than the 4231 we used to play.

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think he has been ok. He does his job very well. But people are expecting something different from him, attacking play, assists ect. 

He defends that line in front of the defenders well and moves the ball on. Our problem is that it stops there. We have zero creativity.

Funnily enough, we have less creativity now than when we had another certain mid playing for us.

I think he has done alright. Certainly better than I expected. The role he played against Spurs was perfect for him. 

I do find it strange that "another certain mid" wasn't played in the same role as it would have been absolutely perfect for him to. 

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think he has done alright. Certainly better than I expected. The role he played against Spurs was perfect for him. 

I do find it strange that "another certain mid" wasn't played in the same role as it would have been absolutely perfect for him to. 

Seeing as he’s injured, again, he’s meeting my expectations perfectly. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Many said he was constantly out at City due to injuries, so no surprise he’s spent more time this season injured than not. 
Could turn out to be another load of money flushed down the shit hole with nothing to show for it. 
Typical Everton. 

this is why i didn't want him here, decent player but james mccarthy-esque in his fitness

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Would have preferred to keep McCarthy. 

I don't think so Pete if you look at his record you wouldn't want him back......

Palace this season, In the squad 12 times, made the starting eleven once, then his time in minutes on the field for every game is .... 8-12-1-0-90-11-7-14-0-7-20-0.

Barring the one and only game he did play for ninety minutes his record is diabolical.

Best thing we could have done getting shut, but I don't think Delphi is any better.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think so Pete if you look at his record you wouldn't want him back......

Palace this season, In the squad 12 times, made the starting eleven once, then his time in minutes on the field for every game is .... 8-12-1-0-90-11-7-14-0-7-20-0.

Barring the one and only game he did play for ninety minutes his record is diabolical.

Best thing we could have done getting shut, but I don't think Delphi is any better.

regular oracle he is

• 2 months later...

He did improve in the second half yesterday but that just makes him slightly less shit. In that first half he was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for how slow our play was. The majority of the time he got the ball from a defender he just fucking gave it back to them! And then on the few occasions he decided it might be a good idea to turn with the ball he turned into trouble. I thought experienced players were supposed to have good decision making?

He's shite. End of story.

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

I will never understand what the thinking was behind his signing, Silva and Brands fucked up spectacularly bringing him here. 

Me neither... I can only think it was to get a bit of experience and a winning mentality into the team... but I'd rather have had a decent player in there instead! 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He did improve in the second half yesterday but that just makes him slightly less shit. In that first half he was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for how slow our play was. The majority of the time he got the ball from a defender he just fucking gave it back to them! And then on the few occasions he decided it might be a good idea to turn with the ball he turned into trouble. I thought experienced players were supposed to have good decision making?

He's shite. End of story.

I thought it was a decent signing at first but I’ve realised he has made a career out of the city team. He played left back which is still the position they can’t get right. He gave away that stupid free kick and then when we scored and waiting for the kick off he’s pointing at his head and telling the players to concentrate 😂 he had chances at the edge of the box to shoot but played side ball after side ball. This one is on brands 

42 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Why the flying fuck does a seasoned professional on conceding a goal completely out of the blue to put the score at 2-1 to us, knowing full well there is only 30 seconds left to defend the lead, then decide to launch the ball straight into the Newcastle half straight from the kick off thereby gifting them possession?

A 10 year old kid playing Sunday league football would know all he needs to do is keep possession  . Pass it back to the keeper, pass it to the left back or the right back , just pass it to any fucking Everton player but keep the ball for thirty fucking seconds and the points are in the bag 😡😡

The only possible reason I could think would be that he expected the ref to blow up straight away, but then he had enough time to ask the ref how long was left before we restarted the game. 
very naive I think. Poor game management. 

• 2 weeks later...