IGNORED

Fabian Delph

Romey I don't put posts up to have them deleted.  If you want to move it to a gana thread then feel free but I don't expect to have a non offensive constructive post deleted. 

It's a forum ffs. 

Unless my post around the difference between position and role needed deleting for a genuine reason then I expect it to magically reappear or is this GOT

13 hours ago, London Blue said:

If we sign Delph its because Gana is going. Delph would not come to a club to play second fiddle, he wants game time.

Ergh, Delph as first choice!

I don't know what would be worse tbh - him in our starting 11 every week or him sat on the bench earning huge wages.

As referred to, he’ll be a good leader. If we’re building a young squad, we’ll need a few older heads. We moan about not having that character that will get in the ref’s ear - well Delph will do that. Seemed a good character in the dressing room too having watched the Citeh doc.

He was excellent at the end of his Villa career and Pep’s no mug - Delph played 89 games over 4 seasons under him (albeit at left back for many).

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Depends on wages, signing on fee and length of contract.

The fee is great, if we shift Besic, McCarthy and one of Schneiderlin or Gana.

Given the small fee I wouldn't think the wages should be too much of a concern. I see it reported as a 3 year deal which seems about right. I agree that this might spell the end for MS. I'd expect Besic and McCarthy to move on regardless.

£8.5m rising to £10m.

I see him as a replacement to Besic, McCarthy and maybe Schneiderlin not a replacement to Gueye. If we sell Gueye, I see us buying a younger player in the same mould (as Gueye) - a few players in the French league have been mentioned.

I think Davies and Williams will be kept around the 1st team as squad options so having the experience of Delph is a smart move in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

Waste of time this one, nobody else wants him so he's never going to move us to the next level, I know the fee is looked at as cheap but its his wages and his age that we dont need.  Would rather give Davies more time as cover for midfield.

Did you see the Davies and Gomes partnership in action vs Spurs in December?

I think Delph will have had plenty of options but we’re just the best one.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-delph-everton-transfer-16579446

City fans seem to have a fair amount of respect for him, all the ones I know reckon this is a great signing for us so personally I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt

Didnt realise he was so injury prone though

Yeah he’s a had few bad injuries but so has McCarthy. Besic, McCarthy and Morgan to go so with his versatility he can cover and will probably on similar wages to Morgan. If gana goes I think we will buy someone else to replace him. I know he divides opinion but I think it’s a good move for all concerned 

52 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-delph-everton-transfer-16579446

City fans seem to have a fair amount of respect for him, all the ones I know reckon this is a great signing for us so personally I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt

Didnt realise he was so injury prone though

Reading a bit on their forum I would say the majority opinion on him is that he was a very useful player who will be remembered well. Struggled with injury and isn’t likely to get into a side like theirs very much at this point but everyone seems to agree he’s a good character to have around and very much still premier league quality. Most were quoting prices £12-£20m a month or two ago so excellent bit of business for £8m. We get an experienced leader with some versatility who provides depth to our squad and they get a player they aren’t likely to use much who only had a year on his contract off the books. Doesn’t hurt that he’s English either.

Considering some of the names people pluck out of thin air and talk about like they'll make us a top 4 team, dunno why anyone would be anything other than made up at the prospect of signing a 29 year old utility player who has won two league titles and has a 20 England caps for £8m. I just can't see any negatives. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Considering some of the names people pluck out of thin air and talk about like they'll make us a top 4 team, dunno why anyone would be anything other than made up at the prospect of signing a 29 year old utility player who has won two league titles and has a 20 England caps for £8m. I just can't see any negatives. 

Look how important Milner has been for both Liverpool and City in recent years. By no means a bad signing and will add some leadership into the squad. If he gives a 7/10 every week at LB, CM, CDM, LM I'd be made up.