IGNORED

Fabian Delph

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well I am bothered about high wages because when they go wrong they hurt 🤕 look at Sandro Bolassi to name a few, they get in the way of progress because of FFP rules and are hard to get rid of because of their high wages. 

I don’t expect to see you on the Dragons Den anytime soon 😀

I’m a football fan mate. I keep Everton as a sport.

I keep my building company for business. I worry about money enough there. Don’t get me wrong.... I’m not a hard ass dictator like you though 😉

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m a football fan mate. I keep Everton as a sport.

I keep my building company for business. I worry about money enough there. Don’t get me wrong.... I’m not a hard ass dictator like you though 😉

I’ll have you goose stepping to my tune soon you nutter😜

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

I don't think it's a bad deal at all, but I really hope the intent of the signing isn't to replace Gana, because he can't and won't.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

this for me too.  i have no problem with the deal or deal, it's with actually signing him and expecting him to be anything other than cover.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

this for me too.  i have no problem with the deal or deal, it's with actually signing him and expecting him to be anything other than cover.

It's like others have said though: I don't think he came here to be cover. I'm expecting him to start and Gana to be off. If we keep Gana then I'll be ecstatic with this signing. If not, and he's expected to start every game with an injury record like he has, then I'll be very disappointed.

I can’t see us getting Zouma. That means that £30 mill will be put aside. I think Mina will be held in high regard after the Copa. We will sign a cheaper alternative. We have Holgate behind that and Gibson and feeney. What I mean is it feels that we have a plan. Lookman going soon. Its looking hopeful 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Marco says he sees Delph as a box to box player but can do the role of gana if need be. 

I hope he isn’t deployed principally as box-to-box.  As you (Fb) posted earlier, he played mostly as a sitter at City.  And that’s the best kind of partner for Gomes.

As for doing Gana’s role, it seems highly (actually, ridiculously) unlikely that Delph could replicate anything approaching Gana’s manic brilliance/madness.  If Gana’s role is narrowly (and misleadingly) defined as a protecting DM, ok, Delph could (and I hope he does) play that position; but that has not been Gana’s actual role.

Think he scored a few for villa and Leeds. Not on a Cahill or speed level but he bagged a couple a season at least. I just don’t like three at the back it’s just not the Everton way. At the end of the day we have  signed Delph who should be happy to be here. He knows there is no right for a shirt so if he’s not producing he won’t play 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Good article in the echo. Marco quoting Delph is not a replacement for gana and If he goes he will sign a replacement 

Think Silva is just chatting poop. No way will he be playing a midfield of Gana, Delph, and Gomes. Delph hasnt come to sit on the bench. 

We've been looking for a midfielder long before Gana was going so makes sense that we'd still be after another if he leaves.