IGNORED

Cahill Not Good Enough?

People on here often talk about how strong our midfield is.

I think though that Cahill hasn't been good enough this year. If he isn't contributing goals then his all round play isn't good enough.

For me anyway if he isn't socring goals we are carrying him a bit.

I know he get's round the park well but that's not really enough.

Wish we had 4 Arteta's...

He is definatly more suited to last seasons system i dont think its a case of him not being good enough but he is being forced into the defensive role this year so Arteta con go forward and create more.

Tactically it had been a bad plan because there is no firepower up front so maybe Arteta sitting deep and spraying balls through the middle with Timmy supporting the strikers would have been a better system to play!

what team have you been watching the past two years. You only saying this cos you seen him get double figures last season and he only got a handfull this season. The reason being is that the whole Everton team has under - acheived this season and they all played bad. one bad season doesn't make a player a bad player. get behind the team it's the only way we can give them our part they will eventually do the rest. MARK MY WORDS Everton WILL GET UEFA CUP NEXT SEASON AND BEATTIE WILL BAG OVER 20 GOALS.

^ not a chance in hell, well struggle next season ... no defense

and cahill isnt good enuff i think the original post is right, if hes not scoring hes useless and lets face it arteta is a better attacking player, so i cant see any place for cahill, if we wer to get nolan , it would be cahill id put on the bench..

even possibly sell or turn into a striker, or attempt to

atm we will have big big prob in defense we have two old players which should be replaced with two younger ones and we need a striker to help bt out are midfield we need another Arteta and a right winger and another goal keeper in tim... which is sorted for now...

^ yeh but thts mainly from last season he was crap this year.... not good enuff simple...

every1 talks about a stroker or defence, i think we need a midfield.... i mean none of them bar arteta can put their foot on the ball or pass , no wonder we play route 1 theres no ability in the center

Guest fozzie22
People on here often talk about how strong our midfield is.

I think though that Cahill hasn't been good enough this year.  If he isn't contributing goals then his all round play isn't good enough.

For me anyway if he isn't socring goals we are carrying him a bit.

I know he get's round the park well but that's not really enough.

Wish we had 4 Arteta's...

Cahil was very oor last season and frankly needs to get his finger out to play better next.

Midfeild is all about adaptabilty if he cant do whats asked of him then we're in the shit.

Keep going on in this tone.

Ligthning may strike twice (but doubt it).

This time two years ago we had just finished 17th and we were a cert to go down. We finished 4th and answered our critics. So from now and until the beginning of the season i am officially saying Everton are going down.

Add last ditch tackles, a marathonn of running & to often a chest or foot clearance of our own line with the goals & say that doesnt offer more than many? If not most?

This whole G/scoring with limitations is crap & Pat feels an armchair tag.

just a humble op.

I think Goldfish got it right mentioning the system. In the 4-1-1-4-1-4-1 or what every we played last season (2004/05) he had less responsibility as the holding midfielder (Carsley) and had more freedom to roam and make the runs into the box. This season, Moyes had tried to give him more responsibility in the holding role, particularly when we are playing 2 up front and therefore he doesn't get that much of a licence.

I think he is more suited to 5 in midfield and making attacking runs especially as when he gets booked (more often than not) doing his holding role he becomes completely ineffective for the rest of the game.

I'd keep him but play him to his strengths wherever possible.