IGNORED

Aj

Guest blueboy122

Couldn't agree more, we must buy a proven goal scorer, that is our first piece of business we must complete. AJ does it for me, I like the lad and feel he would become a hero at Goodison.

ATB

Mac

proven? he had 1 season most of his goals wer pens too, id hardly say he was proven, he didnt take the championship by storm, he had 1 good season thats it. he wont score in out team unless we improve the midfield and play attackin football

if we dont do tht hes a waste of money, rather like beattie has been

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

proven? he had 1 season most of his goals wer pens too, id hardly say he was proven, he didnt take the championship by storm, he had 1 good season thats it. he wont score in out team unless we improve the midfield and play attackin football

if we dont do tht hes a waste of money, rather like beattie has been

Craccer, not having a go, but realistically, considering we are in desperate need for a striker, who would you spend our maximum £5m budget on?

for 1 player?

cameron jerome 3.5

id make cahill into a more striker/support striker roll, because all he is is a goal scorer and have cahill, anichebe, and jerome in the mixer n vaughan when hes fit

i wud ut 1.5 towards another midfielder such as nolan or a winger in mayb routledge or arca, because i feel we need more class in our midfield and when tht comes well start creating those goals

So you'd spend £3.5 million on a player you have probably haven't watched more than once and going on your own Johnson theory "hasn't took the championship by storm and has had only one good season". Whereas Johnson scored more than 30 in his first Championship season ranging form tap ins to 30 yard screamers. He comes to the Premiership and nearly keeps Palace up single handidly. He shows LOYALTY to Palace by staying, and after nearly missing a third of the season due to injury he still manages to score nearly 20 goals this season. The arguement about penalties is absolute bollocks aswell. If the ref gives penalties whats he supposed to do miss them? I'm sure you'd be moaning if we got half of them next season. Not to mention most of those penalties he got himself cos he has pace to burn and get in behind defences.

i dont agree at alll.....im not sayin he shud miss pens but thts how he got most of the goals....and he isnt tht quick....ive seen cameron jerome about 6 times....and how it Johnson gonna get in behind defences with our midfield huh? every1 seems to think strikers just do these things n score wheres the ball comin from ???? whos gonna make these gals... palace had routledge and a few others ok they wernt good alround players ut they cud play some decent balls weaats johnason gonna do with 40 yard passes from the back, next to nothing....

can we afford to spend 5 mil on 1 player when our midfield is shite...no i think we cant, we did it with beattie and he failed, this will b exactly the same, i hope i eat my words but im pretty confident i wont

im sorry, but i dont agree that our midfield is shite at all. yes, sometimes they lack the creativity going forward, but thats the style we are forced to play. when we have AVM going down the left, and Micky going down the right with tommy and ossie in the middle, i think they have the potential to be very agressive going forward. i feel with AJ or any other quick striker playing off beets, we will create more chances and score many more goals.

Craccer, given a potless bank account there is no way in this world I would go for AJ, but he is the best available in our price bracket.

Hopefully with a little bit of tinkering we could provide a few problems for defences next season with an AJ and BT forward line and let them develop an understanding.

If he decides to come to us and if the Barcodes don't hijack the move that is.

ATB

Mac

im sorry, but i dont agree that our midfield is shite at all. yes, sometimes they lack the creativity going forward, but thats the style we are forced to play. when we have AVM going down the left, and Micky going down the right with tommy and ossie in the middle, i think they have the potential to be very agressive going forward. i feel with AJ or any other quick striker playing off beets, we will create more chances and score many more goals.

1. andy is never fit

2. cahill isnt good enough as an alround midfielder if he isnt scoring hes nothin too good

3. ossie, hes getting better but hes still not up to it yet not strong enuff and needs to improve his passing, but no way on earth can he play center mid, hell get owned in center mid

4. arteta is class, he can play anywhere but id like to see him playin a more central role, hes good outwide yes, but id rather have a routledge or sum1 out there

and to mac , thats exactly my point... we dotn have a lot of money, weve spent to omuch on beattie, and i dnt think we can afford to put 5 million into a striker when we dnt really create much for the frontline anyway ...spurs for example, not 1 shot on target, i can only remember 1 shot we had all game and it nearly hit the corner flag....

i love attacking football but i think we need to build from the back, and now we have a keeper and most of a defence , i think we need that extra defender....then i think that we need to improve ourmidfield ..... nolan, routledge, arca, some players in that group ... as you saw with man utd at their best they had cole and yorke, both good technical players but nothin special were they but they got loads of chances due to the midfield and they scored plenty ....

im not sayin AJ is shit but i just think we need mroe creativity first and wud rather invest in a longer term, cheaper striker, and give say cahill or anichebe more goes up top .... and maybe in january seeing how things are developing maybe then make the move for the more expensive striker to start scoring 20+

i think its a fairly reasonable opinion am suprised that theres no1 that agrees with me, every1 seems to want AJ so much. i want a better striker too i want an AJ like player too but not now, i jus want a bit of patience and a bit of creativity ... am sure with some service if we have a half decent partner for beattie then we will bag enough goals

wow thats a long post by my standards

I agree with your theory but your assesment of the current squad is way off mark IMO the only weakness in our midfield id down the left apart from that we create loads of opportunitys within a game and our downfall has been so many times this season that there is no one to play the final ball too.

We need to keep yobo and sign another young fast centre back and if yobo goes then we need 2. After that attack is our main area for improvement and i think with jimmy mac being pushed back into midfield and VDM possibly playing a bit we may want but do not need to spend money on midfielders.

can i just point one thing out craccer.

there is no way in hell that bolton will sell nolan to us unless we pay over the odds price. and as weve said on numerous occasions we dont have much money to spend so id rather spend 7 million on a defencer a striker and maybe a versatile player like neville. rather than blow it all on one player.

Guest blueboy122

cracer i think u gettin a bit confused here.u said in 1 of ur previous posts that are midfeild is shit then u put in an other arteta is world class or sumthin lik that u dnt even no wa ya chattin.of curse if we had 30 plus million we wudnt be goin for him bt we dnt and he has proven he can score in the premiership before and as sum1 pointed out he won all those penalties on his own because defenders arent quick enuf to catch him and hav to bring him down other wise theres in a 99.9% he will be 1 on 1 and 9/10 he will score beacause he certainly nos were the goal is.

also u say camerone jerome yes hes young bt also he wud cost us at least 3,4,5 mill cus cardiff wud want to keep hold of him.and he isnt a proven goal scores in the premiership goal scorer lik aj.also he bagged 20 gaols this season and was out for half of it!

i belive the phrase am lookin for is stumped lik a tre gutted lik a fish!!

sory but it was totally called 4!! :D

I can see where Craccer is coming from, we would all like to share his vision of attractive and creative football, but our manager doesn't think like that he still has the fizzy pop league mentality of kick and rush. Let's play to our strengths of 2004/2005 season, refusing to know when we are beaten.

ATB

Mac

If it is true we want him then its clear DM hasnt learnt his lesson.

Anyway could anyone really blame AJ for turning us down for Wigan after what they achieved this season?

I could, wigan are a one hit wonder, like blackburn being bankrolled, but in the long run they havent got the support

Shite compared to Chelsea, Man u & Arsenal or Portsmouth, Villa & Man City?

shite compared to portsmouth villa and man city ... just shite.... i wasnt happy at all DM has us playin some bollocks football.

i think we were fotunate t ofinish so high this season, and i had mixed feelings in our good spel lbecause i thought now moyes is gonna get a longer shot...