IGNORED

Digital Cameras

Zed

I got a bottom end Kodak Job Zed & its fine.

It's a Cx 7... sumfin... 4.0 mega pixels basic auto zoom & controls, slapped ina cheap Falsh card & it now holds Hundreds & hundreds o shots...str8 bang USb to pc.

I dont think you have to spend a fortune mate, I didnt & am really, really pleased with results.

In a rough conversion I think I paid 70-80 Quid for Camera & around the Tenner mark for a flash memory card.

They do Ive noticed "SCOFF" damned AA Batteries....Wise to keep a heap o spares on hand.

Substitute C300 for Cx7 and Pat's answer could have come from me :D ..get close to 700 decent quality shots on a 128mb Secure digital card which plugs straight into my printer so I don't even need usb connection. The first one I bought ate batteries Pat and I know a lot have that problem (my mum bough a Hewlett Packard which is dreadful). The cause is the LCD screen which needs a lot of power...with mine you can switch it off and use the old fashioned viewfinder, makes a huge difference.

Edited by mikeo

My mums is so bad they gave her three sets of rechargable batteries and two chargers in the end..that was HP direct so they know it's a piece of shit(I'd have thrown it back at them but she got it through a friend who works for them and didn't want to upset him :rolleyes: ). She's in the Amazon basin, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands the mo (not simultaneously obviously) and is probably spending all her time worrying about battery power :( .

Edited by mikeo

ages since I got mine (Casio Powershot S50).

bought a couple of magazines, and read them cover to cover.

There's one that has a massive roundup of recent cameras.

made my decision based on that, then hit the search engines.

may have changed now, but the best value I found then was www.ukdigital.co.uk

On the Bat thing, found mine Ate the One or Long life Batteries, but to be much better on rechargables.

Solved prob by having a few set's of Re chargables, cple always primed & all is good.

Ive had my Camera a little while now & am sure there are better deals price & qual wise availble.

Main point being for Zed, you dont have to spend the earth to get a decent result.

Rumbelows?..good grief haven't heard that name for a while.

However, a quick piece of research explains all...

"Rumbelows is a former UK electrical retail store that once rivalled Currys, Dixons and Comet.

For two seasons from 1990 to 1992 Rumbelows were the title sponsor of the English Football League Cup, a Professional football competition played in England.

The former Rumbelows shop in Whitechapel, Liverpool, now home to Ann Summers, was the heart of the Brian Epstein NEMS empire in the early 60s - manager of the Fab 4."

Do they do your size Zed??

:lol: (and don't forget the batteries for those little extras...I'd go with duracel if i were you :o ).

Edited by mikeo