IGNORED

Barton?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no!  Barton is too hot and cold, when he plays well he is great but when he is not playing well is he absolute garbage and seems to be bad more often that he is good.  Would be a bad signing IMO.

31031[/snapback]

In the opinion of city fans he is their most consistant performer last season even with the transfare request saga in January!

All this over a report that does not quote anyone that we have made 'initial' contact.

What does that mean anyway???? We have asked if he is allowed to leave but got put off after being told we would have to pay a transfer fee???

As a few other people have said other areas that need adding to first and can only see him joining if someone (Cahill) leaves.

Would rather spend the money getting cover for defence and attack

In the opinion of city fans he is their most consistant performer last season even with the transfare request saga in January!

31039[/snapback]

Yes and have you seen who the rest of the Man City squad is made up of!

People seem to hear an alleged 'big name' get linked with Everton and just want to see us sign them all...reality is Moyes will only sign the players he thinks will fit into the team and IMO Barton does not, he is nothing special and seems to be a trouble maker.

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

Yes and have you seen who the rest of the Man City squad is made up of! 

People seem to hear an alleged 'big name' get linked with Everton and just want to see us sign them all...reality is Moyes will only sign the players he thinks will fit into the team and IMO Barton does not, he is nothing special and seems to be a trouble maker.

31047[/snapback]

I dont like these trouble maker labels cos i know if i had been a footballer i would have been tagged with it but i'm not. I just grew up without a positive Male role model in my life and too many people turned their back on me down the line, with a bit of maturity i completely wiped away peoples perceptions but still hold a level of bitterness that i had to claw my way there on my own!

Very few people are genuinly bad and strong management, parents or peers can help the people who struggle and bring out the best in them.

I dont like these trouble maker labels cos i know if i had been a footballer i would have been tagged with it but i'm not. I just grew up without a positive Male role model in my life and too many people turned their back on me down the line, with a bit of maturity i completely wiped away peoples perceptions but still hold a level of bitterness that i had to claw my way there on my own!

Very few people are genuinly bad and strong management, parents or peers can help the people who struggle and bring out the best in them.

31052[/snapback]

:) Well done for sorting yourself out BTW.....agree to a certain extent about the label of "trouble maker" but for example, have you ever heard anything bad in the press about Tony Hibbert etc or other clubs "normal" / "quiet" players - I just think there is no smoke without fire where Barton is concerned.

All this over a report that does not quote anyone that we have made 'initial' contact.

What does that mean anyway???? We have asked if he is allowed to leave but got put off after being told we would have to pay a transfer fee???

As a few other people have said other areas that need adding to first and can only see him joining if someone (Cahill) leaves.

Would rather spend the money getting cover for defence and attack

31040[/snapback]

City want £1.5million for him, thats hardly a scary price tag is it

:) Well done for sorting yourself out BTW.....agree to a certain extent about the label of "trouble maker" but for example, have you ever heard anything bad in the press about Tony Hibbert etc or other clubs "normal" / "quiet" players - I just think there is no smoke without fire where Barton is concerned.

31059[/snapback]

Richard Dunn!

Never got on with Smith and was always in trouble but once at city he is now rated by the fans more than Distin and not been in the papers since!

Everton boss unlikely to move for City star

13:31 6/20/2006

Reports linking Joey Barton with a move to Goodison Park have been played down

Mail The Everton Journo

Leave A Comment On Our Message Board

Send This Article To A Friend

The controversial midfielder has just one year left on his Manchester City contract and has yet to agree a new deal.

Everton have been credited with an interest in the player, who was on the Toffees' books as a youngster but the Liverpool Echo suggests that manager David Moyes will look elsewhere for further signings after already splashing out £13m this summer.

this was on fansfc.com

i want him personally but if moyes doesnt the never mind, in moyes we trust

My earlier comment may have been a knee-jerk reaction type of thing, but I stand by it.

31052[/snapback]

Fishman I admire and respect the frankness of your post, but there are some things which will never be overcome, I refer to the baggage of Barton's relative.

31059[/snapback]

Got to go with EW on this one, he is an able player with a couple of tricks up his sleeve, but let's not do this, I feel there would be repercussions. Just an opinion.

ATB

Mac

David Moyes is said to be monitoring the situation at Manchester City regarding the future of midfielder Joey Barton at the club.

Barton's list of troubles at City is almost endless and this past year it appeared to come to a head in January when he slapped in a transfer request.

Middlesbrough immediately offered £4million for his services which was equally quickly turned down by City. Barton later withdrew the request but his actions made him unpopular with a large section of City fans.

The Liverpool-born midfielder is said to be an Evertonian and, with just a year to run on his contract at Eastlands, it certainly looks likely that his future lies elsewhere.

Everton are not alone in keeping a close eye on the situation as Newcastle have joined Monaco in showing initial interest in Barton whose value to City in the market place decreases by the month.