IGNORED

One Man Teams

Has anyone noticed that we now have three out of the top 4 clubs in the Premiership who are enormously dependent upon one player ? The FA Cup final was the most extreme case I have ever seen of one player - Gerrard of course - carrying a very ordinary crew. Last season if Rooney wasn't on song then Man United simply didn't function. And where would Arsenal have been without Henry's goals ? Take these three players away and these sides lose 50% of their effectiveness. This is probably another reason why Chelsea will have little trouble completing a hat-trick of title wins as they are nowhere near as much dependent upon one player - albeit that Lampard is a major source of goals - and with the arrival of Ballack and Schevchenko their resources will be greatly increased. It is great to have such world class players as the trio mentioned - but it can be a problem.

Has anyone noticed that we now have three out of the top 4 clubs in the Premiership who are enormously dependent upon one player ? The FA Cup final was the most extreme case I have ever seen of one player - Gerrard of course - carrying a very ordinary crew. Last season if Rooney wasn't on song then Man United simply didn't function. And where would Arsenal have been without Henry's goals ? Take these three players away and these sides lose 50% of their effectiveness. This is probably another reason why Chelsea will have little trouble completing a hat-trick of title wins as they are nowhere near as much dependent upon one player - albeit  that Lampard is a major source of goals - and with the arrival of Ballack and Schevchenko their resources will be greatly increased. It is great to have such world class players as the trio mentioned - but it can be a problem.

spot on nilsatis, liverpool wouldnt get as far as they have done without gerrard, without him there nothin special, thats what made utd so special a few years back, they had qualitly all over the pitch; neville, scholes, butt, beckham, cole etc. utd have fell on there arse recently, rudd and rooney looked to have got them back up there but it looks as if rudds on his way out.

i agree with the chelsea comments as well, they can afford to go out and buy quality players all around the pitch (cant be moaned at though, liverpool, utd and arsenal have been doing it for years, not on as big a scale but have been able to outbid smaller clubs like ourselves)

^ butt ... wtf hahaha keane yes but butt pffft

and yeh theres are a few teams like this , but theyve got the players n kept them so credit to em.... arsenal still have a good side without henry but its jus not the same .... i dnt think man u are a 1 man team, i think the biggest is liverpool... gerrard has won them like everything over the last 5 years ... tkae him out of their side they really are just a decent team...