IGNORED

When Are Everton Going To Win Anything Ever Again?

Do believe me here guys that i ask this question with the best of intentions and not to provoke an argument/slanging match or anything like that.

When do you all think Everton are going to win anything ever again?

Even though i support Liverpool, i can remember Everton winning the FA Cup back in 1995 and i was delighted for them for the simple reason that they are a Merseyside team (and that they beat Man URE)

But its coming on 11/12 years now and there's been nothing since.

I dont wish to rub it in by stating this but Liverpool have now won 9 different trophies since 2001 alone.

Even though the Prem hasnt been won yet - 2 FA Cups,2 League cups,1 UEFA cup,1 European cup,2 Super cups and a Charity Shield is still a remarkable amount of trophies in a 5 year spell for any club.

So even as the Liverpool fan i am - it would still be nice to see Everton win something again (and believe me there are not many Kopites that would say that) :)

Edited by Redcard

Winning is all well & good but you have to realise that this is not a football club we're discussing - it's a business that just happens to BE a football club.

Make no mistake - it's a business.

This means it has all the constraints of any other business - ie you need to make money before you spend it. Which is why the board have made getting the club back into the black a priority.

I know we all like to win trophies, but at the present time I'll bet a quid to a million

that the club budgets financially just to stay in the Prem. Anything above that is a financial bonus.

I know we need better players, but I'll bet another quid to a million that when DM asked for more money for players he got " you made 4th last year with a team that should have finished 15th.... that's what we pay you for, so go & do it again!"

Yes, we need young hungry players, but they need something to want to play for and we can't offer the Man U. & L'pool success history, so DM has had to do what he's done by force of his personality. Unfortunately he's made a few blunders with player choices, but then we couldn't get anyone better for the transfer fees & wages that we could offer anyway.

Find 'em young & give 'em a chance - we'll have to stick with the old guard for a while yet, but DM really needs to take chances with the younger guys in the club & stop being so loyal to those that have had their day.

Winning is all well & good but you have to realise that this is not a football club we're discussing - it's a business that just happens to BE a football club.

Make no mistake - it's a business.

This means it has all the constraints of any other business - ie you need to make money before you spend it. Which is why the board have made getting the club back into the black a priority.

I know we all like to win trophies, but at the present time I'll bet a quid to a million

that the club budgets financially just to stay in the Prem. Anything above that is a financial bonus.

I know we need better players, but I'll bet another quid to a million that when DM asked for more money for players he got " you made 4th last year with a team that should have finished 15th.... that's what we pay you for, so go & do it again!"

Yes, we need young hungry players, but they need something to want to play for and we can't offer the Man U. & L'pool success history, so DM has had to do what he's done by force of his personality. Unfortunately he's made a few blunders with player choices, but then we couldn't get anyone better for the transfer fees & wages that we could offer anyway.

Find 'em young & give 'em a chance - we'll have to stick with the old guard for a while yet, but DM really needs to take chances with the younger guys in the club & stop being so loyal to those that have had their day.

Can't really fault your assessment of the situation mate.

• 4 weeks later...
Do believe me here guys that i ask this question with the best of intentions and not to provoke an argument/slanging match or anything like that.

When do you all think Everton are going to win anything ever again?

Even though i support Liverpool, i can remember Everton winning the FA Cup back in 1995 and i was delighted for them for the simple reason that they are a Merseyside team (and that they beat Man URE)

But its coming on 11/12 years now and there's been nothing since.

I dont wish to rub it in by stating this but Liverpool have now won 9 different trophies since 2001 alone.

Even though the Prem hasnt been won yet - 2 FA Cups,2 League cups,1 UEFA cup,1 European cup,2 Super cups and a Charity Shield is still a remarkable amount of trophies in a 5 year spell for any club.

So even as the Liverpool fan i am - it would still be nice to see Everton win something again (and believe me there are not many Kopites that would say that)  :)

21909[/snapback]

:rolleyes: soon i hope, you carnt beat that feeling of when you have won somthing,there really is nothin like it :D especially iff your there with the rest of the chosen ones its electric, :D;)

Guest fozzie22
Investment, until then we will be reduced to fighting for scraps and possibly putting togetha a decent cup run!

21911[/snapback]

agreed..lots of money is needed to reverse the years of crap Everton have put up with,that and someone to spend it wisely

• 2 weeks later...