IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

Be a tragedy to let Rodwell go - but he will do if someone comes in with 30 million (don't think he's worth it).

He looks to have a lot of potential though, and if someone's got money to burn, it might be a good gamble, but that's it would be right now - a gamble. He's not 'proven' as such.

But if he continues to shine as he has been doing, it COULD prove to be a brilliant gamble!.

I'd like to see him stay at Everton and become the new Gerrard. The talisman of Everton who draws other players to the club (and since he's a Southport lad and supports Everton, there's a fair chance of that). Only fly in the ointment is that Gerrard (in his day) stood an outside chance of winning something (and did!), and Everton need to get back into the top 6 to keep that 'chance' viable for players like him.

I don't think it's fair in the long run to hold a player back IF say he spends another 4 years at the club and starts approaching his mid 20s and wants to play in CL or even Barca / Madrid / Juve etc etc.

With a bit of luck, Everton might get new owners with a credible way forward and he'll stay.

If they end up with Venky's MK II, you'd have to feel for the lad and wish him luck elsewhere. It would be cruel to make him stay in such circumstances

Edited by BlueSky

This!

Maybe one of our kids can save the club without being sold this time.

A new owner comes in and jack is playing for the England team, get his face on everything and milk it! Turn him into mr everton! Sell shirts, even sell England shirts in the club shop with his name on! He's a good looking lad, so get the ladies on side too.

He looks to be showing his potential, please don't cash in on him.

Hand on heart now, would YOU choose us over Man utd?

That's easy to say yes to as fans but everyone of us would be totally different people if we had this option - I doubt any of us on here regularly have to chose between giving up £50k a week job for a £100k a week job instead.

I would love to say hand on heart yes but I wouldn't be me if I was earning more a week than I currently do a year!

Iv thought about this a few teams, and Im not sure how I would cope having to play for another team against Everton. Imagine if you scored the goal that took Everton down or something along them lines! It would be awful!

If there was ever a choice between Everton and another club in the top flight it would always be Everton. Maybe different if it was a foreign club though...

Iv thought about this a few teams, and Im not sure how I would cope having to play for another team against Everton. Imagine if you scored the goal that took Everton down or something along them lines! It would be awful!

If there was ever a choice between Everton and another club in the top flight it would always be Everton. Maybe different if it was a foreign club though...

I would take a pen and miss it on purpose, pretend to look mortified etc........ last minute ish..................

Was just thinking exactly the same thing Steve0 he played for utd for years then signed for citeh and scored the goal that relegated utd the following season, altho who Dennis actually supported im not 100% sure.

Supported Utd. Every city fan with a smart phone has that vid on there, sad bunch only heroes is a bigger legend for their rival and Summerbee.

Supported Utd. Every city fan with a smart phone has that vid on there, sad bunch only heroes is a bigger legend for their rival and Summerbee.

Same as our captain fantastic. Couldn't celebrate us getting into the fa cup final, had to be seen to be subdued. Never will forgive him for that, arrogance in abundance, throw the united medals in the bin Phil, an fa cup winners with us would have been more personally deserved. you weren't a bit part player for us.

Harsh? Maybe. But you know what, any player who stifles his emotions at that level has either lost his appetite or doesnt love his current club.

As much as I appreciated diamond Stuart not celebrating scoring against us for charlton in the league, in the semi finals I would be kinda pleased for him and thought anything less than a celebration is letting his club down.

Same as our captain fantastic. Couldn't celebrate us getting into the fa cup final, had to be seen to be subdued. Never will forgive him for that, arrogance in abundance, throw the united medals in the bin Phil, an fa cup winners with us would have been more personally deserved. you weren't a bit part player for us.

Harsh? Maybe. But you know what, any player who stifles his emotions at that level has either lost his appetite or doesnt love his current club.

As much as I appreciated diamond Stuart not celebrating scoring against us for charlton in the league, in the semi finals I would be kinda pleased for him and thought anything less than a celebration is letting his club down.

I understand where your coming from, but I'd feel sick if Arteta celebrated over the top if he scored against us - that said he'd still probably get a cheer from us and deservedly so, either way.

Edited by pete0

jagmobbed450.jpg

Hmmmm!

Why should he celebrate anyway... How did we feel when Rooney kissed his badge at us? Neville is a model pro as long as he does his best on the pitch I don't care how he reacts at the final whistle. He is the first player to applaud EFC fans home and away even if he's had a stinker. He was at united for over a decade - he showed a bit of class by respecting their feelings too. But as duncanmc has proved he did have a little celebration as jags popped in the pen!

• 3 weeks later...

My old man suffers with this quite badly and if Fletcher is anything like that which most cases are I would be suprised to see him play again for a long time.

I'm along the same lines as you Haf he's a very underrated player a good work horse, I think we will have a few parties after Jack this time around and Manure being the front runners.

I'm along the same lines as you Haf he's a very underrated player a good work horse, I think we will have a few parties after Jack this time around and Manure being the front runners.

Yeah agree with you there, man shitty will be after a few players in jan after getting knocked out of the CL, they'd by rodwell just for the hell of it and leave him in the reserves! :(

Anything other than wellbeck in the deal plus £20m and I will be unhappy.

United try and offload their clutter every time. The only player to leave them and improve is Howard. Can't think of anyone else to be honest. Saf has a fine talent for this.

Wellbeck is a very good player, personally I'm gutted that by miracle we didn't get sturridge on loan with a view to a perm deal.