IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

Moyes has said there has been no contact from Chelsea... but went on to say we only sell expensively. Come and get him message?

Yeah, sounds like that to me. Bit annoying really. Even if we have to sell then don't demoralise a team and fan base further by speaking openly about it in public; a team that is already low on morale.

The fact is, as soon as Everton have a player that the top teams believe has talent, they'll be putting a bid in for them.

It's flattering in one sense, since they'll want a couple of your players, but in the other sense, it's all very sad. They knew all too well the predicament Everton are in, and they'll exploit that.

How long Everton can hold out for is anybody's guess, and it will be a tough call for any player to choose between staying at Everton and a move to a (theoretically) more promising future elsewhere.

Admirable if players choose to stay, but forgivable if they don't.

I just HOPE if Everton can't buy, they can cling on to the talent they have.

Edited by BlueSky

I was annoyed Coleman was thrown straight back in tbh, I hate players who start instantly after coming back from injury. And now it looks like he's reinjured and will be out for more time.

me too, especially when Maggie had played so well against Norwich. Looks like he'll be getting his chance now though, unless Lando is going to be played right wing :(

I was annoyed Coleman was thrown straight back in tbh, I hate players who start instantly after coming back from injury. And now it looks like he's reinjured and will be out for more time.

Agreed, Coleman has been rushed back twice now, suffered indifferent form - meanwhile Ross Barkley is still paying the price for his mad 5 minutes against Blackburn despite featuring strongly for reserves and youth - whats going on there? Is he seriously more of a liability than Pip? I think definately not.

i agree with barkley going back to his age group but i also think we could use him at home to keep his fitness up.

for me i didnt think swansea posed us any real threat,one effort on goal that i can remember.

so barkley could easily have played at least half the game in place of pip,barkley has the skill to unlock the swanseas of this league.

Hope he gets his chance against Sunderland but cant see it happening :(

I suppose it's easier to lure youngsters. Jeffers was evolving well until he started believing his own press.

Foreign players were always more attractive due to currency value and the ability to pay on the drip. Our rules stated teams must pay 50% of an English players value with the balance due in 12 months, thats changed now making English purchases more affordable.. Maybe the new rulings have a lot to do with it, we are all aware of the off loading Man City must do..

Sorry this getting off topic but, has there been rumours regarding the three foreigner ruling and the number of Eu players?

I really struggle to understand why teams with Chelsea's spending power would opt for Jack. The 'only' reason I can think of is that he is young, and English. It can't be because of his football, because I've seen nothing to suggest we have a world class player on our hands.

Exactly, you think they would be more interested in Barkley who is widely regarded as a major star for the future, and has/is already been playing for the u21's even though he's not getting much first team action. Rodwell really has'nt done a huge amount and he's been round for a few years now.

Exactly, you think they would be more interested in Barkley who is widely regarded as a major star for the future, and has/is already been playing for the u21's even though he's not getting much first team action. Rodwell really has'nt done a huge amount and he's been round for a few years now.

I'd even include Barkley Pris.

They can afford Messi, and anybody else they want. If Rodwell or Barkley went there it would be the end of their careers in my opinion. They'd buy them 'in case' they reached potential, and hope to get them cheap. If they don't reach potential, who cares? They have billionaire funding. Look at the guys in these top teams who are on the bench every week.

I really wouldnt want him to go. He has been much better this season than last. He has been showing again what potential he has. If he goes, price should be huge. 20M at minimum.

Agree here, hoping he gets another run under his belt and starts to form a great CM partnership with Felli with Drenthe and Landon on the wings that is a good midfield with lots of energy and good pace that should push us back up the league. Lets hope Moyes brings in someone that can convert our chances.