IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

This may well be a blessing in disguise.

For me, Rodwell can go, say they offered in the region of 15 - 20m in an ideal world i would take that and say listen Bill, i use all this money on a class striker otherwise am doing one, and see where that gets him, i would be so pissed off if half of a sale went to the debts, wheres the arteta money and others etc because moyes has said he can only go in the loan market in jan. Winds me up writing things because it just reminds me of our awful position

This may well be a blessing in disguise.

For me, Rodwell can go, say they offered in the region of 15 - 20m in an ideal world i would take that and say listen Bill, i use all this money on a class striker otherwise am doing one, and see where that gets him, i would be so pissed off if half of a sale went to the debts, wheres the arteta money and others etc because moyes has said he can only go in the loan market in jan. Winds me up writing things because it just reminds me of our awful position

When did he say that?

He says we will probably have to look at loans he doesnt say its our only option

He told evertonfc.com: “We need somebody of real quality and someone like that is going to cost a lot of money. Bringing in someone who is going to make a big difference is the hard bit.

So based on the permanent option costing alot of money to get the real quality - do you think he is going to go out and spend £20m??? I don't...

He told evertonfc.com: "We need somebody of real quality and someone like that is going to cost a lot of money. Bringing in someone who is going to make a big difference is the hard bit.

So based on the permanent option costing alot of money to get the real quality - do you think he is going to go out and spend £20m??? I don't...

No I dont either but that is a million miles away from us having nothing to spend at all. Just because we cant go and buy a £20M forward doesnt mean we are totally reliant on the loan market

He says we will probably have to look at loans he doesnt say its our only option

There is a problem with loans in that we can only have 4 long term, and we already have 3. We can have 'one more' long term loan, and 12 short term, but we can only play 2 long term loan players in the same match.

See my thread on FA rules for clarification.

The last bargain buy top class striker was Hernandez at £8m - we would struggle for that.

Then there is the fact that moyes wants his strikers to play like tevez - even if they don't have his engine, desire and ability to work channels all game long. I fear that even if we got demba ba his record would have been crap and he ultimately would have ended up injured due to "workload"

I think its the loan market or nothing unless someone is sold int he transfer window... I wouldnt want to see moyes soend 2million on some second rate striker, weve had too many of them, again another reason why i think he would look into the loan market being the only reasonable option, but having said that, wheres the decent strikers you can get on a half season loan?

Good point Av about the loan rules.

we dont have to sell anybody they are all on long term contracts,so if anybody goes its because moyes wants them to go,ie saha bily maybe distin but personally i would give distin the 2 year deal he wants hes one of the fittest at the club and looks like he will do 2yrs easilly.

Agreed. Distin has proved himself, and deserves the contract.

why where can he go hes injured again,shades of james vaughn,hes developing into a real sicknote.

although are medical staff must take some blame.

Our manager needs to take more blame more like! Comes back from an injury and is instantly back in the starting line-up against WBA instead of being eased back in, has to go off because he felt his hamstring tighten and then in the next game he comes on in freezing cold conditions which is terrible for muscles and then has to go off because his hamstrings gone again.

Well played, Davey, you moronic little man.

Our manager needs to take more blame more like! Comes back from an injury and is instantly back in the starting line-up against WBA instead of being eased back in, has to go off because he felt his hamstring tighten and then in the next game he comes on in freezing cold conditions which is terrible for muscles and then has to go off because his hamstrings gone again.

Well played, Davey, you moronic little man.

Im pretty sure that its the medical staff and the player himself that make the call

Im pretty sure that its the medical staff and the player himself that make the call

The manager decided to put him on, he didn't have to. It doesn't take a genius to work out that it was risky. He should've learnt his lesson after Coleman.

After him needing to be substituted in the last game due to a tight hamstring do you honestly think it was a good idea to bring him on last night?