IGNORED

The Art Of War

Looking to purchase a copy of The Art Of War for a bit of bed time reading but after multiple google searches i am no closer to deciding which on of the hundreds of different copies i should buy.

Have any of you read it or know much about the differnt versions?

I want to make sure i get the closest copy to the original text but obviously in an understandable format any advice from the TT scholars?

So back on topic anyone else got a reccomendation for The Art Of War?

Had a look at Claire's suggestion but it wasnt one of the two i'd narrowed down as possible buys.

Wheres Mikeo, Mac & Licker I need some inteligence on this quest, Pats a bit of a litrature man too aint he ;)

Edited by GoldfishMemory

So back on topic anyone else got a reccomendation for The Art Of War?

Had a look at Claire's suggestion but it wasnt one of the two i'd narrowed down as possible buys.

Wheres Mikeo, Mac & Licker I need some inteligence on this quest, Pats a bit of a litrature man too aint he  ;)

Waterstones or Ottikars would be your best bet, they have a couple of versions and one has a running critical analysis and trys to draw a parallel between now and then. Many of the points raised in the book still hold water today.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pat has read it, but it strikes me it isn't his cup of tea.

Fave quote "know thine enemy, know thine self".

As a matter of interest Fishman, why this tome, it is a bit on the difficult side, but worth the effort.

Re :- Da Vinci Code

Fantastic book, well written, intelligent and gripping, but who do they have playing Robert Langdon? - Forrest F*cking Gump, I will not go to the pictures for this one.

ATB

Mac

Waterstones or Ottikars would be your best bet, they have a couple of versions and one has a running critical analysis and trys to draw a parallel between now and then. Many of the points raised in the book still hold water today.

It wouldn't surprise me if Pat has read it, but it strikes me it isn't his cup of tea.

Fave quote "know thine enemy, know thine self".

As a matter of interest Fishman, why this tome, it is a bit on the difficult side, but worth the effort.

Re :- Da Vinci Code

Fantastic book, well written, intelligent and gripping, but who do they have playing Robert Langdon? - Forrest F*cking Gump, I will not go to the pictures for this one.

ATB

Mac

The ideas in the book seem to install success when applied correctly across the board, be it war, business, relationships & life in general. So as i'v been reading alot recently and enjoying it i thought it about time i read something with some intellectual value and possibly help me with some of lifes little problems.

The ideas in the book seem to install success when applied correctly across the board, be it war, business, relationships & life in general. So as i'v been reading alot recently and enjoying it i thought it about time i read something with some intellectual value and possibly help me with some of lifes little problems.

If that is the case I feel the one with the commentary is right up your alley mate.

Pat will be able to point you in the right direction you if you want your social conciousness raising.

Anything with Globalisation in the title will be worth a scan, especially ones that take a swipe at McDonalds.

ATB

Mac