IGNORED

Andy Jonhson

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fozzie22
Agree with that, i was talking to someone who said he was surprised we didnt go for him before West Ham

i said it at the time we BT tbh he was unproven but so was cahill at the time and was a good prospect for the £3 mill they where asking for him

Guest fozzie22

true but it was seen by the powers that be after the rooney summer we all went thru we had to have a "big" signing and in galloped the slob BT..

I know which one i would sooner have had

we should have got ashton fish..before he went for big money

Yeah i agree 100% and i said it at the time.

I was never a fan of the Nugent plan but on another forum all the preston fans are praying we get AJ so they get to keep him. Is he that good (as good a prospect as ashton was)?

I do want AJ but if we dont get him we have no excuse for not spending the money elsewhere and snapping up both Nugent and Jerome. Then we can push faddy back out to left mid cos he obviously aint a striker and someone can shoot killa and save us all.

if we get AJ and another half decent striker McFadden can sling his hook right now, I know better the devil you know etc but if McFadden thinks he is something special we can replace him right away with <Insert name of any average striker here> If we get AJ and have Beatts fit I am guessing those will be first choice front 2 and then even if we lost McFadden big Vic or Vaughn (if he is ever back) could fill in ok. Buy a decent forward top priority and then sort out the defence. Oh, and all this talk of Nolan I know he scores q a few from midfield but is he very creative or very quick? Those are the two things I think we need from a midfielder at the mo and if he doesnt fill either of those isn't he just going to take Cahill's role in the side?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1779336,00.html

Article in the Guardian today sounds encouraging abot our chances of getting Johnson. Also says we are in discussions with Wolves over Lescott. I think these two would be great signings. Still think we need a creative midfielder cause if Arteta is injured you can never see a goal coming. I like Osman but he doesn't seem to have the same influence on a game as Arteta.

Guest fozzie22
Just seen that we are favs for AJ and Lesscot so you know what will happen???

One will arrive at Newcastle and the other will go to Liverpool.

Don't think any of these will come off.

I agree adam tbh,i smeel the smoke of spin swirling around these reports,dickov 4tw!!

I hope they both come off (Johnson & Lescott), but like Ashton and many others we could have had 12 months earlier for half the price.

Just while i think of it....Do you think Shevchenko (spelling) ? will come to Chelski and how much would you be willing to pay.

I only mentioned this because of Shevchenko's age, same with Michael Ballack. God knows how much they would cost in transfer fees and wages, yet both are 29 years old.

Mention of spending £1M on Lee Trundle a couple of months ago, and everyone was screaming......Too Old. They are good for a 3 or 4 year contract, which is as long as you can hope to keep a player at one Club these days.

Just a thought. :)