IGNORED

Andy Jonhson

Its on Sky Sports news now as well.

Says that he values him at £20m.

Can understand GF said about waiting for him to hand in a transfer reguest, however would have thought that he will have an amount in there that if someone bids he can go as he wants to go into the prem.

But at over £8m not for me I am afraid.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that we have had to bid for him to say what he said.

I guess the £8m bid from Bolton might have been rejected cos the amount of time that it was being paid.

Although I don't like SJ what would it have been like if he was in charge when Rooney was joining UTD. Might have got more than the 'Best deal for the club'

Think if 7m cant get him its time to look somewhere else, Keane, Dafoe.

If you are talking about lowering our targets, forget about Nugent cos they wanted 4m for him in january, How about a cheeky little 2mill bid for the leading scorer in all leagues last season, Freddy Eastwood from Southend, and i would still take a chance on Lee Trundle for a couple of Million.

with the ball skills he,s got you dont need pace.

Eastwood..............33 games.....25 goals.

Trundle..............34 games........21 goals.

I'd take any of them for £2m, Cameron Jerome for £3m before Nugent for £4m, if A J is a no deal.

The thing that annoys me most about this is if Simon Jordan in the driving seat for deciding Johnson's future, why weren't we in the same position over Rooney?

Anything more than £6m for Johnson is too much, but I don't like the alternatives if we don't get him.

Trundle is without a doubt NOT the right man to partner Beattie. Agree that we need pace and scoring at the highest level (not league 1).

I'd get in Nugent and Jerome if we could get them both for less than £5M together.

I have my doubts over Benni being able to successfully make the transition to English football.

I think we're going to be up sh*t creek here. If we spend loads on AJ then we're probably sacrificing buying another player and we would have paid too much, if we don;t we'll end up with second rate alternatives.

I reckon we have 10 million to spend this time. I think the realistic targets were Johnson and Lescott.

Johnson is out of reach now so we will bring someone else in, I would like the young centre back Lescott, and whatever is left we should be able to get a decent striker from somewhere.

Whats this Pieroni fella like anybody Know.???

Other reports today say that Bolton was not far out with there £8m offer.

Why don't we offer £7.25m (again) and a player. Say maybe Kilbane or Wright. Gets them off our wage bill as well.

I think that this deal is dead in the water.

How old is this Eastwood?? If he is only like 25-26 then it might be worth a little cheeky offer as going to need back up cos if you look at it we only have

Beattie,

McFadden,

Vaughan

Arnci

1 of them has been out all season and 2 of them are both young with no real first team experience.

I would still like to take CJ from Cardiff.

Freddie Eastwood.............................

2004/5.Meanwhile, free-scoring Eastwood scooped the Grays Golden Boot for his 37 goals this term as well as the Directors and Management award for Player of the Year.

2005/6Soccerword's League One Player of the Year

Freddy Eastwood, Southend

Eastwood led League One with 23 goals as he team claimed the league title on the final day of the season. Eastwood recorded two hattricks and scored both goal in Southend's 2-2 draw with Swansea in the season's penultimate match. Congratulations to Southend and Freddy Eastwood!

Player of the year two years running, worth taking a chance on. ???? He's 23years old.

At 23 worth taking a look at but if he is the same money as sidwell (if he is a striker) then wouldn't it be better to go for a championship player.

As I said before though even if we do bring in a striker we need to bring in a reserve from the lower league as cover.

God forbid if were talking about £2 million for Trundle or Eastwood lets go the whole hog and buy Jevons back. I'm all for going for new talent but these are guys who have scored goals in the BOTTOM two leagues in England. That is a world apart from the premiership it took Zamora nearly 5 years to make it as a half decent sub what we need is a PROVEN goalscorer!!!

God forbid if were talking about £2 million for Trundle or Eastwood lets go the whole hog and buy Jevons back. I'm all for going for new talent but these are guys who have scored goals in the BOTTOM two leagues in England. That is a world apart from the premiership it took Zamora nearly 5 years to make it as a half decent sub what we need is a PROVEN goalscorer!!!

You can say that again. :)

We all know we need a proven striker but to pay anywhere near £10m for one is out of the question and like i have said before, these players are not born into the premier, they all work their way up from the lower leagues. could have had Dafoe from West Ham when they went down with lampard, Cole, Ferdinand.

Could have got Ashton for less than a million when he was at Crewe.

There is no way that Moysey is going to pay out that sort of money for a striker, Established or not.

For £10M pounds you could get Cameron Jerome, Lee Trundle, Freddy Eastwood, and still have money over for a centre back.

So Tricky Trev, come down from cuckoo-land into the real world and try being realistic.

When a multi millionaire from the Eastern block countries, finds his way onto the Board at Goodison, that might be the time to think about spending £10m on a player, but sadly that is a long way off.

Licker.

Edited by toffeelicker

everyone says Everton are not big enuf if the transfer market saying make kenright splash out for a goal scorer and when he fanaly does people are saying dont :huh: we will never be a force if we dont spend money on players when there available especialy a proven scorer like AJ, its not very often u get to sign a striker an he wants to play for Everton so i say pull out all the stops :) but thats jus my opinion

Jus read on Newsnow that we will offer McFadden and 7 mil for Johnson wouldn't mind that deal if it happened as long as we got another cheaper striker in as cover. However, is McFadden "I am worth 20k+ a week" really going to be prepared to drop down to the championship I don't think so.

i don't think i'm living in cuckoo land at all. Anything over £7 million is too much for Johnson and i agree about what you said about Ashton (we should have signed him when Walter Smith was managing when he tore the arse out of us in the cup), but i don't think any of the three you are talking about are anywhere near good enough. Mcfadden will not go to the championhip, we can hope to sell him to the old firm and buy Nugent for the same money though. So if Johnson is out of our reach i would abandon it and look elsewhere i just hope we can wrap our deals up quickly for once. I've still got a sneaky suspicion Johnson will go somewhere by the end of the week.

But then again!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2194609,00.html

I'll be well pissed off if he goes to Wigan for 8.5m. With the increase in TV revenues we'll all be getting next year and the still larger attendences we get at every home match than either Wigan or Bolton, we should have enough money.

We desperately need a top striker. Everyone agrees with that. Kuyt will prefer Toon, I don't know what the so called Owen interest was all about. McCarthy and Pieroni are unproven in England and the other 'young guns', Nugent, Cole, John, Jerome etc could be good buys but expecting them to fill the striking deficit at our club would be too much to ask.

Reds paid £7m for Crouchinio, i know who i would rather have, and if the going rate is 8 or 9 million, then pay the fooker. Would rather have one good one than three average ones who are not going to improve the team at all. a la Bent, Kilbane, and Mc Fadden.

Come on Kenwright, show us you mean business. A deal could be done to give Palace the opportunity to take some of our young starlets on loan, could benefit both clubs.

Its all over the place at the moment that CP are expected to accept Wigans offer but he might not want to go there.

Everton are playing a very risky game.

I agree with what you said TL. If the Reds payed £7m for crouch then you need to go above that for AJ.

I think that he will join Wigan.