IGNORED

Andy Jonhson

I dont see him signing for anyone today as he is back with the england squad, if he leaves the squad again for another day it wouldn't be good for his chances of getting into the final squad. Still think we have a good chance of signing him.

Is it me or have Wigan taken Newcastle' place from last summer and are in for the same players we are after - no matter what player is mentioned its seems Wigan are interested aswell

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it all depends on who the Chairman is, and Whelan is willing to fork out some money to make Wigan a big club, unlike Kenwright who has no fookin Money.

Until we get some new board members, we will always be amongst the Paupers of the Prem. If we dont improve the squad this time with decent players, i'm all for getting shut of the present board.

We cannot become a top club with bottom of the range board members, How about Jordan from Palace or Whelan from Wigan moving here, They would invest some money, and kick some arse.

If jordan was in charge when we sold Rooney he would have got £40m not 20.

Andy Johnson is one of the players Jodon has said that he has given AJ permission to speak to them about the move.

Expected to talk about it on Friday aftr playing for England.

Don't think there is any chance that he will join us as don't think that we will up our offer.

Another one bites the dust

Jordan is quoted as saying: "Wigan have offered £8.5million

on the nose and that is why I have given him permission to

talk to Dave Whelan and Paul Jewell. They have behaved

impeccably.

"That is the bottom line, £8.5m or nothing. Bolton came close

with £8m, Everton have offered £7.25m, but it's not enough.

He will go to the highest bidder."

If we have any money we should find it fast - shall we start

a collection for the club !!!

SHIT :unsure::unsure:

Edited by Fatboyquim

Everton had agreed with Bolton and Wigan that they all lodge the

same bid and then let Johnson decide where he wants to go to

avoid a bidding war.

Yeah cheers Wigan just what Jordan wanted. :angry:

AJ still wants to play his football for Everon - that gives us a sniff.

Edited by Fatboyquim

Fat boy you said '

Everton had agreed with Bolton and Wigan that they all lodge the same bid and then let Johnson decide where he wants to go to avoid a bidding war.

Yeah cheers Wigan just what Jordan wanted.'

Probably both Wigan and Bolton knew AJ would choose us over them so they would have nothing to gain by agreeing to lodge the same bid.

What pisses me off is that 8.5m is not much more than we have already offered (7.25m). We know he'd rather come to us, so why is it a problem to increase our bid to match their's and guarantee being able to speak to the player.

From next season every team in the premiership will be guaranteed at least 28m a year for 3 years under the new tv agreement reached with Sky and Sentana Sport. I just don't understand our transfer policy at all.

Davey keeps coming out with Sayings like " We have our valuation of a player and will not be held to ransom". well with an attitude like that we will be beaten for every player we go after.

Oh and by the way Davey, what was your valuation of Rooney..........piss poor, thats what.

Johnson will be an Everton player next season, i'm putting my head on the block here and saying we will win this battle.

We are the famous EFC  :D

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

So if i see someone sitting in the Lower Gladys next year with his head on the seat next to him, I'll,know who it is. :)

but hey Goldy i might be joining you, cos at the mo i'm laughing my fookin head off. :lol::lol::lol:

Hopefully this time Moyes will match Wigan's offer. Jordan has already stated that Wigan can talk to him because their offer meets his evaluation. We know he wants to come to Everton, we match the offer of 8.5m, that should be enough, (apart from personal terms being sorted).

Moyes is a fool for saying that he won't pay over the odds for a player because that will inevitably restrict his bargaining position. Anyway what was Koldrup all about then! Mistakes do happen but this guy played one game for us!

I know I prattle on about this but the failure to get Bellamy was a good example of why Moyes is lacking in transfer acumen. He would have been perfect for us and look how his value has shot up this season.

Does it show how bad Everton are when they lose out on a player to Wigan.

A team that is only just finished its first season in the top flight.

Laughing stock we are.

Have said it before DM is not the right man for the club.

if we cant find a extra million then we are really in need of a whole new board and a change of manager because i cant think of any players we gample on the only one is cahill and it was a good gamble!!

if we miss out on Johnson were a joke of a club

Dont; think that we need to miss out on Johnson Ross I think that we are a laughing stock as it is.

I see that Jordon is now taunting us and bolton by saying that we have to get a move on if we want his services but he doesn't know if we will come back with another bid.

Why haven't Everton come out and said what is going on???. I forgot they will next week after he has signed for Wigan when DM comes out and says

' I tried to sign him but he was out of my price range and he was over valued to what we wanted to pay'

He seems to have no clue what to do in the transfer market, for fuck sake standing firm is not going to get us the player we need when Wigan will bid whatever is necessary. DM needs to open his eyes to the fact that clubs can ask for what they want and have other clubs match that offer

I realy dont understand why were not playin the game here. A.J wants the move so why cant we just cough up the money and maybe give us a bit more hope of a top six finish next year. like someone else said what does it say about us to be beaten to a player by Wigan, one hit wonders in my opinion.

Guest fozzie22
The difference between Wigan and us is that Wigan have more ambition and will chance their arm on players and pay what is needed to get the players they want

Agreed,this is the difference between having a chairman with cash and a chairman with hot air...

Though i fully expect a last minute bid of 8.3 mill to come from us tomorrow.

cant belive Wigan can put an 8.5 Million bid in and we can't! i mean come on! we have been in the premierhship longer than them and they had 1 good season and we got 4th and why cant we get these players! it gets on my nerves! :D

Another example:

Everton TO LOSE STRIKER RACE

They are just speculating that Wigan are going to offer him 40k a week and speculating that we have no money for the transfer or wages, and they are still using that quote from Simon Jordan yesterday about Wigan's bid being accepted. I want to know how much these 'journalists' on eatsleepsport fansfc etc get paid cos they write total crap most of the time

Edited by L_Blue

I am not sure he is worth it but his goal record does seem quite good.

Who else we going to get for the amount of money that will score that many goals.

Not one to give into demands in money wise but we do need a striker that can score the goals.