IGNORED

Moyes Takes The Spurs Root Buying Youngsters

Everton have really looked to improve their youth team by investing in some good young prospects aswell as nutruring some others.

Scott Spencer

John Ruddy

Victor Anichebe

James Vaughn

John Paul Kissock

Johan Davidson

Bjarni Vidarson

All are capable of making an impact in the premiership for us. The futures bright the Futures Blue !!!!!

i agree over the past couple of years we have made a handful of England players from our youth team (wayne rooney, michael ball and franny the fanny jeffers). also Everton need to really upate the academy the state of that littlewoods thats an utter disgrace. just one big open field with porta cabins.

I think most prem clubs will have very similar group of players, they are all young and only a few ever make it. How many over recent years have gone on to be great. Look at out fa youth finalist side, only rooney has come through

(SPITS ON THE FLOOR)

So we are hardly doing a spur, they have signed more finished articles, and plenty of them to try and get the right balance/system

to be fair spurs have shiped out some of there players to teams (portsmouth for example) they gave lennon his big chance and hes took it with both hands.

as for ruining their carreers surely they have done that themselves by being greedy little bastards e.g. SWP, when the fully well knew that they would be a bit part player, no sympathy :)

You cant really say SWP would have expected to be a bit part player, he played regularly at City and was playing for England so he should have expected to have atleast been given a fair crack in the Chesea first team

city and chelsea are leagues apart for quality in all honesty, who would you replace SWP, he must have known that romans money would bring in more quality midfielders.

lampard, duff, gudjohnson (mid this season i think?), makalee, robben, gereami, cole etc.

he couldnt serisouly think he would always be playin with the depth chelsea have?

EDIT: This is not to say i do not rate SWP, hes a good player, i dont think hes better than the midfield chelsea start with however

Edited by ianthetoffee

Scott Spencer

John Ruddy

Victor Anichebe

James Vaughn

John Paul Kissock

Johan Davidson

Bjarni Vidarson

All are capable of making an impact in the premiership for us. The futures bright the Futures Blue !!!!!

Tell you what, i would be VERY suprised if even 2 of them make it. But not surpised at all if all of them end in championship or become a banker or something like that.

Its different from being talented at 14, potential at 18.. the next [insert current star name] at 19 and actually cutting it in the premiership.

Ill give you an example..Robbie foy, very talented wingner. Supposed to be the successor to Mcmanaman. Very quick, rave reviews from his U-19 exploits for Ireland. Never gets a first team game, goes on loan to a second division side from a season, gets released the next year.

Mark Smyth, scouser, HUGE liverpool fan, striker with two good feet, good finisher, quick as fuck, scored for fun in the U-18 league..gets released the next.

John Welsh, another fella with rave reviews in the teenaged leagues. Good on the ball, good at set pieces, 'experts' reckoning that he and Gerrard would not be able to play together as they are too similar. Well, he too gets transferred to a lower division club, Hull City.

Did they not have talent? They did.

Did they make it? Not quite.

Why not? Not enough progession from 'a talent' to, a good player when older.

Dont rest your hopes on kids, mate.

Some of them come good, most of them dont. Dont blame Moyes for letting kids go.

He and his coaches know what they're doing.

Some actually dont have the physical quality, some dont have the mental capability and some are just shite...any of the three issues with any kid, 99% of the times he not going to make it.

Well three out of the players mentioned by sconnerefc have had some impact for us -

John Ruddy - thrown in at the deep end and played well

Victor Anichebe - scored a fantastic goal for us to help start the revival against WBA

James Vaughan - showed alot of promise of making it before his injury

I share w/xavier's view.

Most youngsters are rated as having good potential but their potential never matured to yield good players (Jeffers, Branch, Cadamateri).

Anyway, gd luck to the list of younsgters, hope as many of them could make the change into a good player.

I'll not be greedy, if 1-2 come really good like Hibbo does, I would be most satisifed.

• 3 weeks later...