IGNORED

Australia will lose to uruguay

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

I am ready to put £50 on uruguay to beat the skips by more than 3-0 in the first leg of their world cup qualifier in the Stadio de Centrinio in Montevideo Uruguay :D

Honestly... what are the chances of the Skips qualifying for the world cup when they are playing against a quality side like uruguay whereas they have players like Forlan, Recoba, Montero, Carini and Dario Silva... these will cut them into pieces!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many down Under believe the Oz team isnt as good as last time & that the Uruguayn side is stronger.

( they mey @ same stage 4 yrs ago- oz capitualted after leading tie.)

I Watched Uruguay play Argentina the other week & they played very well.

Be very tuff for Australia indeed. will need all hands on deck & play @ their optimum.

Destiny 06 is their slogan down here & I really hope they make it as the game in this country really needs all the exposure it can get.

Silva wouldnt phase me 2 much, Forlan well he's Forlan ( wouldnt underate) recobba can do special thinghs.

However, any one Seen much of that Marcelo Zayaleta is it ? The Uruguan @ Juventus...Coor he looks he a Giant handfull.

Also do the Aussies here no or think the young defender Michael Thwaite will play?

Pat likes him...No nonsense whatsoever.

I think that the Aussies can do it - they have enough experience and talent in the side to see of Uruguay.

Forlan is shit.

I think that the score will be a nice 1-1 in Uruguay and then 1-0 Australia back in Oz - I would love to see Cahill in the world cup and I am sure that he would love to be there too.

(although, then BK will probably sell him!)

we saw him play twice 4 Villareal...very close up & yes he is still dangerous but a SHITE finisher...injury not as bad as first mooted.

Seems Uruguay have them selves ina corner as they sheduled a late kick off to try disrupt Oz travel arrangemnts..So the Ozzies typically went & HIRED their own private charter...

Now Uruguay cant geta charter & due to the late kick off they delib sched to fuk over the skippies have now indded fuked over themslevs..

with the oz tem arrivng in australia a full 24-30 hrs before uruguay..& leaving uruguay about 25 minutes to prepare when they land...hehehehe..

cloak & dagger stuff this has been between the assocaitons, accusations of delibearte gangs of disruptive thugs, fifa favouring ref choices etc - schedule changes- etc..the cold war they callin it...entertaining 4 the neutral anyway!!!

archiethompson_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

Oz Man Archie Thommo Thompson gets in some practice Buenos Aries local style in prep 4 Sundays big match.

To day the FFA ( oz) expected to refuse Ko change. Uruguyan speculation that they have done a back door deal wif FIFa ( no suprises) & game will be changed.

Fifa aparently mooted the Uruguyans travel on the oz private plane!!!...OZiies reply..Sorry mate their's no room..( short for feck of ya urug cobbers)

I wouldnt give up me plane either...feck em. the 40 or so in the oz party can stretch, lay do whatever they want on the way home in their own private Boeing 737.

Imagine you ahd planned fopr 4 yrs for a world cup...your nearly their, but then you have to hitch a ride to the last leg... <_< :lol::lol: ...Even Bk wouldnt have left us like that in the lerch..( though remebr the kit men had to drive all the gear ina van to Austria 1 summer camp a cple bck top save pennies- the rst flew)

Uruguay deserve allt hey get...Go skippies...( still favour the sth americans...but will cheer for Timmy's crew o course)

update on likely side (From todays Syd Morn Herald).

Australia

Cahill likey to play a freeish central role supporting lone striker Viduka up front..for the 1st & away leg of tie.

Australia are likely to go with a three-man defence of Milicevic, Lucas Neill and Tony Vidmar, with wide midfielders Chipperfield and Brett Emerton tracking back, Bresciano, Grella and Jason Culina in central midfield, with Cahill supporting Viduka

Full Squad:

Goalkeepers: Ante Covic (Hammarby), Zeljko Kalac (AC Milan), Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough).

Defenders: Brett Emerton (Blackburn Rovers), Stan Lazaridis (Birmingham City), Ljubo Milicevic (FC Thun), Lucas Neill (Blackburn Rovers), Tony Popovic (Crystal Palace), Michael Thwaite (National Bucharest), Tony Vidmar (NAC Breda).

Midfielders: Marco Bresciano (Parma), Tim Cahill (Everton), Ahmad Elrich (Fulham), Vince Grella (Parma), Joel Griffiths (Neuchatel Xamax), Harry Kewell (Liverpool), Josip Skoko (Wigan Athletic), Luke Wilkshire (Bristol City).

Forwards: John Aloisi (Alaves), Scott Chipperfield (Basel), Jason Culina (PSV Eindhoven), Archie Thompson (Melbourne), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough). – Agencies

http://www.worldcuplatest.com/node/1156

http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/soccer...1212008877.html

Uruguay

Uruguay have included striker Diego Forlan in their squad for the World Cup qualifying play-off against Australia, even though his Spanish club Villareal said last week that it was unlikely he could play.

Forlan was part of a 27-man squad named by coach Jorge Fossati for the games in Montevideo on November 12 (November 13 AEDT) and Sydney on November 16

Uruaguay's 27-man provisiional squad is:

Goalkeepers: Fabian Carini (Cagliari), Sebastian Viera (Villarreal), Sergio Navarro (Miramar Misiones)

Defenders: Paolo Montero (San Lorenzo), Diego Lopez (Cagliari), Alejandro Lago (Rosenborg), Diego Lugano (Sao Paulo), Dario RodrDiguez (Schalke 04), Guillermo Rodriguez (Atlas), Carlos Diogo (Real Madrid)

Midfielders: Omar Pouso (Danubio), Pablo Garcia (Real Madrid), Gonzalo De Los Santos (Valencia), Oscar Javier Morales (Valladolid), Diego Perez (Monaco), Marcelo Sosa (Osasuna), Gustavo Varela (Schalke 04), Alvaro Recoba (Inter Milan), Martin Parodi (Al Alhi)

Forwards: Marcelo Zalayeta (Juventus), Diego Forlan (Villarreal), Fabian Estoyanoff (Cadiz), Richard Morales (Malaga), Richard Nunez (Cruz Azul), Mario Regueiro (Valencia), Vicente Sanchez (Toluca), Dario Silva (Portsmouth).

http://www4.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=65129

Edited by PatV

Guest Reg Reagan

WOW look at the Uruguayian side! I like the look on their attackers! except for forlan of course...

But since Harry Kewell is playing for the skippies... i will be tripling my bet to £150 for uruguay to beat the skips by 3 or more goals!

The better side prob were on the wrong end of the scoreline.

The Ausises dominated mostly but like US You just wondred where teh Goal may come from.

Puzzled that Timmy didnt get a run & kewell got 90 mins..be his first 90 in?

Still got it all to play for on Wednesday..Deffo not a dead rubber as yet.

Read a piece this morning that explaind..

As the Urugyans travel split up between economy & Business class

(whatever seats they could scramble late)

The Australian Team are doing it tuff in their "Custom Football Tailored Qantas 737 Charter".

Full length Beds, Massage tables, Giant Tv screens, DVD, Playstation, Crates of Ice , Private Chefs , Masseuses, Physios, Nutrionists, Video anlaysts...etc etc.

Seems they've left no stone unturned & really want to give themselves every chance @ home.

Whilst it's now obvious why the Aussies had no room for the Urugauians on their flight.

Would you give up Playstation to accomodate the opposition?...Not likely

Guest Reg Reagan

But in all honesty... it would have been difficult for any country to beat Uruguay in montevideo, Brazil and Argentina couldnt even score a goal against them.

And the way how the skips played against them should have got them at least a victory... they dominated a hell lot of possession for 90minutes but because Kewell was playing... the skips were obviously going to lose against uruguay... just like how they lost to us in the Rugby :angry: