IGNORED

Second Quiz (A Mixed Bag)

Bill

Something for everyone in this one, even you music lovers. :D

I'll ask you once again to PM or Email me your answers, so it does'nt spoil it for everyone else.

1- Stevie Nicks was a member of which band

2- The Blue Cornflower in france is equivalent to what in Britain.

3- Whats on the T shirts that Beavis and Buthead wear.

4- What is the name of Sherlock Holmes older brother.

5- In which year were the OSCARS interupted by a streaker.

6- What was the original name of "Pearl Jam"

7- How many cars did Nicholas Cage have to steal in ..Gone in 60 seconds

8- Who was Batmans Butler

9- In the Fugees song "searching for stardom" Lauren Hill raps about which Legend.

10-After leaving Guns and Roses which band did Slash form.

11-Frank Zappa is known for playing which instrument

12-In what profession would you use the acronym SOCO.

13-Which weather phenomenon translates from the spanish for "little boy".

14-Which Castle is on the Island of Anglesey

15-Which Nth African seaport is spanish for Whitehouse.

16-What is the worlds most popular Non Alcoholic drink.

17-In which street will you find the Bank of England.

Good luck to one and all.

here is a bit of feed back for you bob......your quiz is crap!!! now spell check that :rolleyes:

I wasnt aware that we had Spellcheck on here mackdaft, but i will look into it.

By the way, why not have a go at the quiz, it might show that you do have a small amount of intelligence. <_<

no il pass on taking your quiz BULL...... i hear the bbc are looking for someone to hoist the block buster show thats starting up again, you should go for it!!!... so what B has nothing better to do with his time than to butT in on peoples posts to tell them they have a spelling mistake!!... would that be BiLL???. thats the right answer.

no il pass on taking your quiz BULL...... i hear the bbc are looking for someone to hoist the block buster show thats starting up again, you should go for it!!!... so what B has nothing better to do with his time than to butT in on peoples posts to tell them they have a spelling mistake!!... would that be BiLL???. thats the right answer.

Get a grip mate. This is an Everton forum and you were calling the Everton manager Moyles. That's not a spelling mistake, it's a factual error.

If someone on here continually talked about Shaun Duffy you'd correct them....or Bill would or someone would and quite rightly so. Leave it alone ffs!

(and I think you mean "host" :mellow: )

I'll leave the results to this quiz until Monday. In the meantime i'm putting out feelers for a quiz league, run on the same lines as Fantasy Footy and Oz-tips open only to TTrs.

You will be given ten questions every day, points are earned by how many you get correct, and you can earn a speed bonus on how quickly you can answer them.

ITS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME I JUST SET IT UP, AND THE LEAGUE ORGANISE IT AND RUN IT FROM THERE ON IN, PRINT RESULTS, LEAGUE POSITIONS, AND ANY BONUS YOU EARN.

We could start one on a trial basis just to see how it goes, if we dont like it we can scrap it and revert to our own pub type quizzes. Anybody interested in a trial run. ???

This is how it looks ...

As you can see its kept up to date daily and weekly/monthly winners are put into the "Hall of Fame", its all a bit of fun between ToffeeTalkers.

In principle yes, depends of course on a number of factors such as times for the questions etc.

Can't see your screen shot by the way, comes up as error with me not having permission to see the page??

Try it now iggy

As you can see its kept up to date daily, and monthly winners are put into the "Hall of Fame", its all a bit of fun between ToffeeTalkers.

Still no joy but it sounds good to me, count me in.

"An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment."

Nice one Bill, just seen the quiz, had a quick squint. Will have a go tomorrow without any cheating, no point otherwise cos your'e only cheating yourself, <_<

Too late Beard, Iggy was top man again but this time he did get 2 wrong. Seems like the non alcoholic drink foxed everybody.

1- Stevie Nicks was a member of which band _ FLEETWOOD MAC

2- The Blue Cornflower in france is equivalent to what in Britain. - REMEMBRANCE DAY POPPIES

3- Whats on the T shirts that Beavis and Buthead wear. - THEY VARY BUT HAVE A HEAVY METAL THEME OFTEN SKULL, DEATH ROCK, OR AC/DC

4- What is the name of Sherlock Holmes older brother. - MYCROFT

5- In which year were the OSCARS interupted by a streaker. - 1974

6- What was the original name of "Pearl Jam" - MOOKIE BLAYLOCK

7- How many cars did Nicholas Cage have to steal in ..Gone in 60 seconds - FIFTY

8- Who was Batmans Butler - ALFRED

9- In the Fugees song "searching for stardom" Lauren Hill raps about which Legend. - PASS. MOHAMMED ALI

10-After leaving Guns and Roses which band did Slash form. - SNAKEPIT

11-Frank Zappa is known for playing which instrument - ELECTRIC GUITAR BUT STARTED AS A DRUMMER

12-In what profession would you use the acronym SOCO. - POLICE (Scene Of Crime Officers)

13-Which weather phenomenon translates from the spanish for "little boy". - EL NINO

14-Which Castle is on the Island of Anglesey - BEAUMARIS

15-Which Nth African seaport is spanish for Whitehouse. - CASABLANCA

16-What is the worlds most popular Non Alcoholic drink. - COCA COLA COFFEE

17-In which street will you find the Bank of England.- THREADNEEDLE STREET

15 out of 17, one pass and one wrong.

Get a grip mate. This is an Everton forum and you were calling the Everton manager Moyles. That's not a spelling mistake, it's a factual error.

If someone on here continually talked about Shaun Duffy you'd correct them....or Bill would or someone would and quite rightly so. Leave it alone ffs!

(and I think you mean "host" :mellow: )

Hey MikeO, how are you able to differentiate between whether it's a spelling mistake or a factual error in markduff's case? I think he's well aware of the fact that David Moyes' name is not 'Moyles' and as far as I'm aware there was only one occasion where the name was spelt wrong. In that case, it's a mistake and Bill felt it necessary to point this out, for whatever reason. Of course if someone continually called Shane Duffy 'Shaun Duffy', people would correct the consistent inaccuracy, but on one occasion, I think most people would let it slide. Unless of course, Bill was being jocular and was having a harmless jibe?

It's a bit silly really, if you ask me. I could sit all day and point out the grammatical and spelling errors of genuinely interested posters, but it's silly and never contributes to discussion.

Just thought I'd weigh in there and drag the thread further off-topic... ;)

Hey MikeO, how are you able to differentiate between whether it's a spelling mistake or a factual error in markduff's case? I think he's well aware of the fact that David Moyes' name is not 'Moyles' and as far as I'm aware there was only one occasion where the name was spelt wrong.

Hello Noddy, i hate to disappoint you but there where 4 or 5 posts that Mark spelled Moyes wrong, after i mentioned it to him he went and edited all his own posts, go back and count how many, but he could'nt edit the quotes in other peoples posts. "Bloody hell theres no L in Moyes" was meant as a bit of fun but Mark took it Personally.

Water under the bridge now. ;)

Looks like the quiz league is dead in the water then, ?? Only got 3 applicants so a league is out of the question.

What is more disappointing is that there was only one reply to the actual 3rd Quiz :blink: they are neither too hard nor too easy, in fact, i made them fairly easy in order to generate a response, but with so little participation it is time to call it a day, i will now have more time available to do other things.

Thanks goes to those who did take part, at least it showed me it was'nt a complete waste of time.