IGNORED

Finally! Looks Like Aj Will Be Ours

crystal palace have accepted a bid from Everton for aj, looks like we are finally going to get our man as we all now he has said publicly, the only club he will move to is us

hope this is the start of a very good transfer summer for us peeps

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton have agreed a £8.5 million fee for Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson.

The England hit-man looks all but certain to be on his way out of Selhurst Park in the close-season, with Everton now vying with Wigan and Bolton for his signature.

Wigan and Bolton have had £8.5 million offers accepted by Palace chairman Simon Jordan, who accepts the fee offered is a fair price.

Johnson, who is on standby for England's World Cup squad, will now talk with all the interested parties before making a decision with regards his future.

The player engaged in discussions with Wigan on Friday, and will do likewise with Bolton and Everton, if as expected, their bid is accepted.

Palace have yet to confirm whether they have accepted Everton's bid but The Toffees have issued a statement claiming that an accord has been struck.

"Everton chairman Bill Kenwright and his Crystal Palace counterpart Simon Jordan have reached agreement for the possible transfer of the England international striker Andrew Johnson," read a statement on the club's official website.

It is expected that Johnson and Everton will discuss a potential deal on Saturday.

As yet, the freescoring front-man, who has experience of The Premiership with Palace, has not intimated as to which club holds any early advantage.

Everton had earlier had bids rejected by the Championship outfit, but are now firmly in the race to bag the 25-year-old.

skysports

crystal palace have accepted a bid from Everton for aj, looks like we are finally going to get our man as we all now he has said publicly, the only club he will move to is us

hope this is the start of a very good transfer summer for us peeps

When has AJ ever said publicly we are the only club he will move to? He has spoken to Wigan so it hardly shows we are the only vlub he would move to does it

Guest fozzie22
When has AJ ever said publicly we are the only club he will move to? He has spoken to Wigan so it hardly shows we are the only vlub he would move to does it

must admit the mind boggles at this rumour..i've never heard him say he wants to come..unless others know different

he was quoted as saying last summer that if he were to leave palace he would love a move to Everton where he is close friends with Beattie, i believe Beattie has been in AJ ear at the request of DM and BK. Hope it works but i also hope they have left some money over for either Huth or Lescott as we badly need a centre back just as bad as we need a striker.

But on the positive side i believe this shows some ambition on behalf of the club, we still have a lot of area's to improve on in our club but this is a start in terms of accepting this is the going rate for the players that will improve your team.

Guest fozzie22
he was quoted as saying last summer that if he were to leave palace he would love a move to Everton where he is close friends with Beattie, i believe Beattie has been in AJ ear at the request of DM and BK. Hope it works but i also hope they have left some money over for either Huth or Lescott as we badly need a centre back just as bad as we need a striker.

But on the positive side i believe this shows some ambition on behalf of the club, we still have a lot of area's to improve on in our club but this is a start in terms of accepting this is the going rate for the players that will improve your team.

wise words indeed..you just cant run a PL club on the cheap

Charlton could be coming for him if as expected Dowie goes there. Cant see Charlton be willing to pay £8.5million for him though, plus i doubt Jordan would accept their bid as he is disappointed with Dowie going there

BTW our bid has not been accepted, we are hoping AJ will say he wants to move to us after he has spoken to us forcing Palace to accept the terms.

Has anyone seen any pics of AJ arriving at Everton or anything?

Edited by EFCfan2007

Where you hearing that our bid has not been accepted.

If says on the Everton website that the bid has been accepted. Well it did yesterday anyway

On the Everton website it only says an agreement has been reached not that a bid has been accepted. The Palace site also does not say they have accepted a bid and thats odd as it had something up when both Wigan and Bolton had bids accepted

I can understand what you are saying EFCfan but the Everton website also says that Johnson will travel to us within the next 24 hours for talks so I can't beleive for one minute that Everton would be that far of the mark and no deal being agreed.

Surely Everton are not that bad!!!!!

I agree though I don't think that he will join us anyway.

But youd rather bring Jerome in whos got even less of a chance of scoring alot of goals for us?

hes 19, scored more goals in the championship and is a quicker player... havent we been saying all season we need pace upfront...AJ isnt slow but why spent 8.5 on 1 player who isnt worth it nor is he as proven as people make out wen u can get some1 for 2 or 3 with arguabley more promise and a brighter future. thts what i think.... looking at darren bent would you have rather have AJ than him? am sorry but bent last season was FAR better than AJ was in the premiership and cost charlton a couple of million..... my point being we're not the rich club that we once were therefore i believe we need to take cheaper and potentially as if not more promising risks than 1 expensive risk...weve already failed with beattie, and i doubt hell get any better, also faield with kroldrup

hes 19, scored more goals in the championship and is a quicker player... havent we been saying all season we need pace upfront...AJ isnt slow but why spent 8.5 on 1 player who isnt worth it nor is he as proven as people make out wen u can get some1 for 2 or 3 with arguabley more promise and a brighter future. thts what i think.... looking at darren bent would you have rather have AJ than him? am sorry but bent last season was FAR better than AJ was in the premiership and cost charlton a couple of million..... my point being we're not the rich club that we once were therefore i believe we need to take cheaper and potentially as if not more promising risks than 1 expensive risk...weve already failed with beattie, and i doubt hell get any better, also faield with kroldrup

I fully underststand your point but if we sign jerome and he proves to be a Championship player abd gets us 6 goals next term who will you blame for the bad choice?

Moyes & Kenwright by any chance? The fact is if that pair dont deliver now then they are going to be out before the end of the season the fans will see to that so can they realy afford to take chances?

am quite optimistic that Everton will sign andy Johnson, it is his prefered team, palace and Everton have agreed on a fee, and it is reported to day that he has excepted the contract offer of £40,000 a week, according to the guardion on sunday

IMO i think he will be ours by monday