IGNORED

Another Quiz - Answers.

Bill

Have a go at this and show me i'm not wasting my time.

1. How many weeks was the album Dark Side Of The Moon in the US hitparade?

2. How many people has Rambo liquidated in all four Rambo films?

3. How many Dollars did the US pay Russia for Alaska.

4. How many millionaires were aboard the ill-fated Titanic?

5. According to Guinness Brewing Company, facial hair is responsible for an incredible amount of wasted beer. They estimate that as many as how many pints of their beer are trapped in moustaches and wiped away every year?

6. Over how many rounds did John L Sullivan beat Jake Kilrain in 1889 in the last bare knuckle World Heavyweight boxing contest?

7. In which year did James Plimpton invent the 4 Wheel Roller Skates?

8. England's oldest ally is Portugal, thanks to the two countries signing the Treaty of Windsor. In which year was the treaty signed, marking the start of this long allegiance?

9. How deep is the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean

10. In Fawlty Towers what was the name of Manuel's pet hamster, which was really a rat?

11. The 1977 novel, 'The Dead Of Jericho', was the first novel to feature which Detective Inspector?

12. Which American film director had the middle name Blount?

13. Which character, who first appeared in a 1712 pamphlet by John Arbuthnot, is the personification of England?

14. Dido & Aeneas is the only opera by which 17th century English composer, who was organist at both Westminster Abbey and the Chapel Royal?

15. Which famous seafarer was born in 1540?

16. What nickname is shared by a football team and an England footballer's wife?

17. Which 1983 Grand National winning horse shares it's name with a lighthouse on Jersey?

18. Which make of rifle was the standard infantry weapon of the US Army from 1873 to 1936?

19. Jacqueline gold is the Chief Exec. of which chain of lingerie shops?

20. Name the scottish teams beginning and ending with the same letter. 1 point for each.

I have a go on all your quizzes Bill. Just because I do not PM you with the answers every time does not mean I am not doing them. They are very difficult and I refuse to Google (I think that is cheating LOL)

But all in all i really like them. Even if like this last one I only know two or three answers.

Fifteen's gotta be more than I got :unsure: . For a start the first five were guesswork. Bit easier after that but a long way from 100% :( .

Mike I approxed the first five. Dark Side of the Moon was in the charts for over ten years so I went for approx 600 weeks, Rambo I think I put 1,500, Alasks was bought for approx 7 million dollars, Titanic I approxed at 1200, I think only about 300 of the passengers of 1600 where in steerage and the guinness one well, the amount I drink I put 2 million :D

Ok here goes with the answers in reverse order .........

3rd Place with 13 points ... Mike

2nd place with 15 points ... The Beard

1st place with 18 points ... the person concerned wishes to remain anonimous, and i will respect his wishes.

Thanks to all who entered and seeing as we have no game this weekend i'll put up another one

Answers

1. 741 WEEKS (over fourteen years!)

2. 220

3. 7,200,000

4. 57

5. 162,000

6. 75

7. 1863

8. 1386

9. 8,605 METRES the Puerto Rico Trench

10. BASIL

11. MORSE

12. CECIL B DE MILLE

13. JOHN BULL

14. (HENRY) PURCELL

15. SIR FRANCIS DRAKE

16. POSH [ Peterborough United)

17. CORBIERE

18. SPRINGFIELD

19. ANN SUMMERS

20. CELTIC, KILMARNOCK, EAST FIFE, EAST STIRLINGSHIRE, DUNDEE UNITED.

accepted Celtic, BUT I'm not sure if their proper name is Glasgow Celtic.

Why would a winner want to remain anonymous? Strange :blink:.

Pretty obvious really!

A.Doesn't want younger members of this forum pestering him for help with homework.

B.As there was quite a decent cash first prize, he has no intention of laying himself open to begging letters!

P.S I think the winner may need to go out like this :ph34r: ......because if you don't, were going to find you..........don't you remember what happens to the smart kids in the playground....... :rolleyes: