IGNORED

Lampard: A Move To Barca Would Be A Dream

The Chelsea star is currently tied down to a long-term deal at Stamford Bridge and the English champions are ready to offer him fresh terms following their successful defence of The Premiership title.

However, with Lampard's partner hailing from Catalunya - a move to Barcelona has always been mooted as possible option for the 27-year-old.

Having spent the weekend in Spain, Lampard admitted that a move to Camp Nou would be something he considered in the future.

"It would be a dream to come to Barca," Lampard told El Mundo Deportivo.

"But Chelsea has offered me a renewal, and I am very proud of that and it shows they have confidence in me.

"In addition the team is being reinforced and will be even more competitive and will be able to aspire to everything."

• 2 weeks later...

The England midfielder has been linked to a move to the Liga champions as his partner hails from Catalyna, but he is currently one of the Premiership's most consistently impressive stars and has given no indication that he is keen to leave Stamford Bridge.

Barca were reportedly ready to offer Portuguese schemer Deco, who helped Jose Mourinho win the UEFA Champions League with Porto in 2004, as an incentive for Chelsea to part with their vice-captain.

However Los Cules' director of football Txiki Begiristain has now denied any suggestions that they are planning an assault for the Blues superstar and England World Cup midfielder.

"Deco hasn't asked us to leave because he is very happy here and besides, Lampard hasn't asked if he can come either," Begiristain told the club's official website.

"We are convinced he (Deco) is happy so there's no chance of him leaving."

Both Deco and Lampard are currently preparing to star in the World Cup finals, and the Brazilian-born Barca man says he is raring to go after recovering from a gruelling campaign with the Liga and UEFA Champions League winners.

"Now I am 100 percent," said Deco. "I had a big season and it was difficult for me.

"This week I feel much better than I did at the end of the season."