IGNORED

A Football Story

Bill

See if you can finish the story, you can all have a go and stick in as many teams as you know. See how long it takes before you can finish it.

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day we set sail for the ____________ in a ship with a HULL riddled with holes.

We sailed down the river which _______ to the sea.

We waved to the fair maiden leaning against the __________.

The CREWE was made up of Scots, Irish and others of the ________ race.

The exception was the cabin boy named _________________ whose job was to STOKE the boilers.

He was illiterate, but won our _________ with his ___________ efforts to improve his _________.

He was sent to ___________ by the villains on board, who had brought their _________ of weapons.

They were a rowdy lot and, when drunk, they did in fact __________ furniture.

The voyage made my _____________, who had not had a holiday ________ too long.

We landed ________ in the day on the ___________ of the island, below where the locals ______ their dead.

We crossed a stream and entered a dense forest where the ________ roamed freely.

We __________ regardless and eventually met a group of __________ dressed in __________ green.

After a days journey we caught some black fish in a ___________ and tried to get milk from a herd of cows, but they objected to having their _______________ (sorry about this one!)

At last we came to our destination, the home of the Hawaiian monarch, the ________________.

She greeted us with a friendly _________, but was obviously upset, as her _______________________had been smashed when the __________ fell down.

While her ____________ was being built she had to live in a sumptuous _______.

When we found the treasure we put the ________ the ship, determined to put it straight in the ________________ when we got home.

That night we ate some ____________ cake and some ____________ buns for tea, also some __________ which made us feel ill.

See if you can finish the story, you can all have a go and stick in as many teams as you know. See how long it takes before you can finish it.

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day we set sail for the ORIENTin a ship with a HULL riddled with holes.

We sailed down the river which LEEDsto the sea.

We waved to the fair maiden leaning against the __________.

The CREWE was made up of Scots, Irish and others of the CELTICrace.

The exception was the cabin boy named _________________ whose job was to STOKE the boilers.

He was illiterate, but won our HEARTSwith his STIRLING efforts to improve his READING.

He was sent to COVENTRYby the villains on board, who had brought their ARSENALof weapons.

They were a rowdy lot and, when drunk, they did in fact WREXHAMfurniture.

The voyage made my _____________, who had not had a holiday ________ too long.

We landed LEYTONin the day on the SOUTHENDof the island, below where the locals BURYtheir dead.

We crossed a stream and entered a dense forest where the WOLVESroamed freely.

We PRESTONregardless and eventually met a group of ____________ dressed in LINCOLN green.

After a days journey we caught some black fish in a ___________ and tried to get milk from a herd of cows, but they objected to having their HUDDERS FIELD (sorry about this one!)

At last we came to our destination, the home of the Hawaiian monarch, the QUEEN OF THE SOUTH.

She greeted us with a friendly ALLOA, but was obviously upset, as her PALACEhad been smashed when the __________ fell down.

While her NEWCASTLEwas being built she had to live in a sumptuous PALACE.

When we found the treasure we put the ________ the ship, determined to put it straight in the ___________ when we got home.

That night we ate some DUNDEE cake and some CHELSEAbuns for tea, also some RED SHITEwhich made us feel ill.

Edited by Bill

He was illiterate, but won our HEARTS with his STIRLING efforts to improve his READING.

We PRESTONregardless and eventually met a group of ____________ dressed in LINCOLN green.

While her NEWCASTLE was being built she had to live in a sumptuous PALACE.

That night we ate some DUNDEE cake and some CHELSEAbuns for tea, also some RED SHITEwhich made us feel ill.

Thinking Scottish worked for a few...also there were two "Palaces" so I switched the second one to VILLA which I think works better.

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day we set sail for the ORIENTin a ship with a HULL riddled with holes.

We sailed down the river which LEEDsto the sea.

We waved to the fair maiden leaning against the MILLWALL.

The CREWE was made up of Scots, Irish and others of the CELTICrace.

The exception was the cabin boy named PETERHEAD whose job was to STOKE the boilers.

He was illiterate, but won our HEARTSwith his STIRLING efforts to improve his READING.

He was sent to COVENTRYby the villains on board, who had brought their ARSENALof weapons.

They were a rowdy lot and, when drunk, they did in fact WREXHAMfurniture.

The voyage made my MOTHERWELL, who had not had a holiday FORFAR too long.

We landed LEYTONin the day on the SOUTHENDof the island, below where the locals BURYtheir dead.

We crossed a stream and entered a dense forest where the WOLVESroamed freely.

We PRESTONregardless and eventually met a group of RANGERS dressed in LINCOLN green.

After a days journey we caught some black fish in a ___________ and tried to get milk from a herd of cows, but they objected to having their HUDDERS FIELD (sorry about this one!)

At last we came to our destination, the home of the Hawaiian monarch, the QUEEN OF THE SOUTH.

She greeted us with a friendly ALLOA, but was obviously upset, as her PALACEhad been smashed when the WALLSALL fell down.

While her NEWCASTLEwas being built she had to live in a sumptuous VILLA.

When we found the treasure we put the ________ the ship, determined to put it straight in the CLYDEBANK when we got home.

That night we ate some DUNDEE cake and some CHELSEAbuns for tea, also some OLDHAM which made us feel ill.

I'm not that intelligent Mike came across it on a Quiz forum (Australian) where its been running for weeks, you've done it in a couple of hours. :D

Proof (if it were needed) that the average Evertonian is 426% more intelligent than the average Orstralian :P . Wouldn't be at all surprised if Oz Toffees didn't take over the running of the country before long....they're plainly the intellectual elite B) .

I've put the last two in myself BLACKPOOL and LUTON, and this is how the story reads, give yourselves a pat on the back.

The sun shone BRIGHTON the day we set sail for the ORIENT in a ship with a HULL riddled with holes. We sailed down the river which LEEDS to the sea and we waved to the fair maiden leaning against the MILLWALL.

The CREWE was made up of Scots, Irish and others of the CELTIC race,the exception was the cabin boy named LEICESTER whose job was to STOKE up the boilers. He was illiterate, but won our HEARTS with his STIRLING efforts to improve his READING.

He was sent to COVENTRY by the villains on board, who had brought along their ARSENAL of weapons, they were a rowdy lot, and when they got drunk they did in fact WREXHAM furniture.

The voyage made my MOTHERWELL who had not had a holiday FORFAR too long. We landed LEYTON in the day on the SOUTHEND of the island, below where the locals BURY their dead. We crossed a stream and entered a dense forest where the WOLVES roamed freely.

We PRESTON regardless and eventually met a group of RANGERS dressed in LINCOLN green. After a days journey we caught some black fish in a BLACKPOOL and tried to get milk from a herd of cows, but they objected to having their HUDDERSFIELD (sorry about this one!)

At last we came to our destination, the home of the Hawaiian monarch, the QUEEN OF THE SOUTH. She greeted us with a friendly ALLOA but was obviously upset, as her CRYSTAL PALACE had been smashed when the WALLSALL fell down, and while her NEWCASTLE was being built she had to live in a sumptuous VILLA.

When we found the treasure we put the LUTON the ship, determined to put it straight in the HALIFAX when we got home. That night we ate some DUNDEE cake and some CHELSEA buns for tea, also some OLDHAM which made us feel ill.

Answers...

* BRIGHTON

* ORIENT, PORTSMOUTH

* HULL

* LEEDS

* MILLWALL

* CREWE

* CELTIC

* LEICESTER, PETER BOROUGH, DON CASTER, BRAD FORD

* STOKE

* HEARTS

* STIRLING

* READING

* COVENTRY

* ARSENAL

* WREXHAM wreck some (I know, I know)

* MOTHERWELL

* FORFAR

* LEYTON

* SOUTHEND

* WOLVES

* PRESTON

* RANGERS

* LINCOLN

* BLACKPOOL

* HUDDERSFIELD (hey whaddya expect, Einstein i aint)

* QUEEN OF THE SOUTH

* ALLOA (as in Aloha, get it)

* CRYSTAL PALACE

* WALSALL - Walls all (what can I say?)

* NEWCASTLE

* VILLA

* LUTON

* CLYDEBANK or HALIFAX (either one is good)

* DUNDEE

* CHELSEA

* OLDHAM