IGNORED

Everton Bid For Lescott Accepted

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The potential signing of Wolves central defender Joleon Lescott is in the balance after reported revelations during a medical.

The 23 year old agreed personal terms during the week after Everton and Wolves agreed a fee.

Lescott was set to become the club's second signing in less than a week pending the results of a medical. It is believed that the results have alerted Everton of a previous long term injury the defender had to his knee whilst at Wolves, which had kept him off the pitch for a full season.

Everton fans will instantly recall the episode regarding Mikael Forssell's proposed transfer from Chelsea which was abruptly cancelled due to a longstanding injury the Fin had been carrying.

The decision, although at the time was viewed by the frustrated Evertonians as wrong, paid off in the long term has Forssell failed to repeat the goalscoring exploits he had demonstrated in the past for Birmingham.

The club are reportedly keen to renegotiate the fee with Wolves as they are reluctant to pay what is believed to be near 5 million for a player carrying a threatening injury.

......or......

Lescott set to join Everton

03/06/2006 - 11:28:32

Wolves confirm Joleon Lescott has passed his medical and is set to join Everton.

The Wolves official website says he's passed the medical and agreed terms.

Edited by mikeo

Could be waiting for a second opinion, but Everton will have known all about him missing a season through knee injuries, I knew about it ages ago, when we were first rumoured to be interested - so I won't have come as a suprise.

Staggered payments wouldn't be a bad idea. But he has played two seasons of football since so I wouldn't have thought we would have much room to broker a deal.

Anyway, he sounds a very decent player. A defender, as Wolves fan 'player of the year' and one of the most highly respected center half in the Championship, are decent references in my opinion.

Coming from the Championship will have the drive to make it at Prem level.

Fingers crossed the deal is concluded on Monday.

My mums steak and kidney after the divvying up of the meat...I love kidney, the rest of the family hated it so they ended up with steak pie and I had kidney pie :lol: magic!

Why are we talking about pies in a Lescott thread?

Because we as Evertonians are an intelligent and well informed bunch, but we still like our grub. :D

ATB

Mac

Lescott transfer in danger of collapse Jun 5 2006

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

JOLEON LESCOTT'S move to Everton was in the balance last night as doubts grow over the defender's long-term fitness.

The Goodison outfit will today decide whether to proceed with the £5million deal for the Wolverhampton Wanderers centre-back once they discover the findings of a series of stringent tests.

With Lescott due to sign a lengthy contract, Goodison officials requested an extra set of X-rays on Friday given the player's history of knee problems.

Goodison officials are believed to be unhappy with comments made by Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey over the weekend that stated Lescott had passed a medical.

"The devil is in the detail and discussions with Everton are ongoing," said Moxey. "Joleon played in every game for Wolves last season and, as we expected, he has passed his medical."

This is not the case, with Everton wary the Championship side are attempting to place pressure on them to push the transfer through.

id rather they take their time than do another fuck up

correct, if we sign another crock then imagine the uproar, if we can knock a bit of money off then it may be a good bit of business, if not then its possibley for the best, the last thing we need is a injury prone player who cost a substantial amount of money and who is on high wages!

I can understand what everyone is saying about being careful and I agree to it but the thing is we knew what the problems where in the first place.

Also he played every game last season the only player for wolves to do that.

Guest fozzie22

Ahh yes,evertons medicals..remember last summer when we were so close to a couple of deals and they fell thru becuase of the medicals?

Then we sign the eternal sicknote in AVM