IGNORED

Which Signing Will Make The Most Difference ?

Which New Addition will we benefit from more ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which New Addition will we benefit from more ?

• Andy Johnson
    • Joleon Lescott
    • Tim Howard

But if youve got a good striker it doesnt matter as much about conceding because you can always score

I supose, but you got to look at aswell, where the balls are coming from to get to the strikers! a lot of players have to be a part of it to happen and score goals and Stop letting goals in, it aint just the keepers fault! if any of you get me?

But if youve got a good striker it doesnt matter as much about conceding because you can always score

Interesting statement...but look at the league table...teams below us scored more than we did but why are they below us even when they scored more? well i suppose the defence made a big difference....

Cheers

Thats if howard is in Goal? I would Like Marytn to be in! :D

Martyn is a great keeper, but i thing Howard should be first choice with our new look side for next season. 3 new signings and basically 2 more (hopefully) with VDM and Davies getting there shit together.

Things are looking good for us, i can't fooking wait till the season starts.

dont rate howard at all

yank version of teflon tbh

dont agree with that foz, hes a decent keeper much better than our dickie, i think he shit one when he was at utd. to be honest, small fish in a big pond scenrio.

i think he will do well at Everton and sign permantly on the cheap :D

EDIT: AJ for me

Edited by ianthetoffee

Lescott transfer in danger of collapse Jun 5 2006

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

JOLEON LESCOTT'S move to Everton was in the balance last night as doubts grow over the defender's long-term fitness.

The Goodison outfit will today decide whether to proceed with the £5million deal for the Wolverhampton Wanderers centre-back once they discover the findings of a series of stringent tests.

With Lescott due to sign a lengthy contract, Goodison officials requested an extra set of X-rays on Friday given the player's history of knee problems.

Goodison officials are believed to be unhappy with comments made by Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey over the weekend that stated Lescott had passed a medical.

"The devil is in the detail and discussions with Everton are ongoing," said Moxey. "Joleon played in every game for Wolves last season and, as we expected, he has passed his medical."

This is not the case, with Everton wary the Championship side are attempting to place pressure on them to push the transfer through.

Lescott transfer in danger of collapse Jun 5 2006

By Ian Doyle, Daily Post

JOLEON LESCOTT'S move to Everton was in the balance last night as doubts grow over the defender's long-term fitness.

The Goodison outfit will today decide whether to proceed with the £5million deal for the Wolverhampton Wanderers centre-back once they discover the findings of a series of stringent tests.

With Lescott due to sign a lengthy contract, Goodison officials requested an extra set of X-rays on Friday given the player's history of knee problems.

Goodison officials are believed to be unhappy with comments made by Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey over the weekend that stated Lescott had passed a medical.

"The devil is in the detail and discussions with Everton are ongoing," said Moxey. "Joleon played in every game for Wolves last season and, as we expected, he has passed his medical."

This is not the case, with Everton wary the Championship side are attempting to place pressure on them to push the transfer through.

Are going to post that^^^^^ in every thread? :P

This could well be an age thing Mark, I like to see defenders defend in the British tradition. I like to see a defensive unit play as part of the team and not as a separate entity.

I know where you're coming from mate, and I can understand the logic behind what you are saying, but for me I used to love watching Bould, Adams, Keown and Winterburn play they way they did because it was such intelligent football.

Plus I used to be a left-back, so I paid a lot of attention to how back fours played and after a while I began to see how attractive football can be played by "cloggers".

ATB

Mac

It would have to be AJ, that was the one weak link we had last year and we suffered really badly due to it!! Whenever a ball was played over the top there was nobody there with any pace whatsoever, and it has to be said Howard is a good acquisition as i have more faith in President Bush declaring world peace than Richard Wright catching a cross!!! :lol: