IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

In case you hadn't noticed Haf, I hardly ever post on this thread in response to you. I do not agree with most of what you say, but all I want is t follow what you mean.

I do not like arguing, but happy to oblige if that is what you want.

You can have an argument with a few people on here if you want Reb.... not sure how I'm being selected for such a priveledge.

Who is that aimed at Mike don't be shy?

Who is what aimed at? I'm replying to Haf (for whom I have a lot of time, love to meet up with him for a beer one day, you'd be welcome too :)); we just disagree in this thread, in many we agree completely.

Forum would be dead if we all agreed all the time.

Very little reason not to admire his football.

It is just the fact that he never really bothered to make himself likable. Only things we ever heard from Lukaku when he said something was about transferring, maybe going to bigger clubs, yadayada. He may be a lot more honest than most other footballers, but fans don't wanna hear that stuff. It gets annoying to be reminded of not being the best of the best where you'd rather hear him say nice things about the club and the people. But he never did that despite his prime position as the club's top striker. And that's why we're torn. Despite the fact that he's simply the best thing that happened to EFC in a very long time, purely from the combined sporty and financial point of view. And that's fine. It's part of the whole game as well.

Player-wise for sure. To me, Moshiri then Koeman then Walsh are the best things to happen to this club in recent memory (as of now).

Player-wise for sure. To me, Moshiri then Koeman then Walsh are the best things to happen to this club in recent memory (as of now).

Question on my mind is which of the 3 was the one who had the final say in the Rooney bit of the Lukaku deal (assuming it's one big deal).

Edited by Mirallas

I would think Koeman. He's been talking about him in the press since the January window.

Well Rooney will bring Everton something the fans have kind of missed: a star who the fans can really connect with. Lukaku on the other hand can give ManU what they need: a strong physical presence in center forward and consistent goal scoring.

Leave the drug store psychology alone mike. Picking on me?

Get another 20 or 30 baiters... more the merrier... has it stopped it changed me in 4 years? Nope.

It's quite clear that people enjoy engaging in debate/baiting.... otherwise why do they do it?

One footed? I'll leave it to you if you want to tell me he's got a decent right foot. Hit and miss. The stats may show he scores goals with it.... my memory and judgement tells me he lashes the ball miles over the bar with it.

Quite funny... you seem to doggedly hang on the the areas of debate that you've engaged with me on and yet I'm the one who needs to let it go....

There is so much anger in the thread at the moment.... quite puzzling really.

I feel like I did when that lot got moyes... happy and confident that he will look a failure. The sane story will unfold.

Implicit bias. Again. Do you not understand this concept? You hate him, therefore your eyes tell you something different than what is actually happening. "My memory and judgment" means nothing anywhere against facts, which in this case, the facts are that he scores a fair number of goals with his right foot and that he is not nearly the one-dimensional player you make him out to be. He often has a shit first touch and doesn't hold the ball up as well as you'd like someone as strong and powerful as him to hold it up. He's also a complete and utter shithead. But that doesn't change the fact that you're delusional.

Why isn't this done yet? Utd have already tweeted. TV interview also done already. Can we please just dump this thread to the wasteland. I keep checking it hoping to see it's all done and dusted, but in all honesty I'm sick of reading it.

Said before, we do nothing until official confirmation, he's still an Everton employee; when he isn't this'll be moved.

Who is what aimed at? I'm replying to Haf (for whom I have a lot of time, love to meet up with him for a beer one day, you'd be welcome too :)); we just disagree in this thread, in many we agree completely.

Forum would be dead if we all agreed all the time.

We should actually all/as many as possible try to arrange something one day tbh

Maybe when we lift the Europa cup we can gather?

Said before, we do nothing until official confirmation, he's still an Everton employee; when he isn't this'll be moved.

Yeah, my frustration is with the powers that be at respective clubs that they haven't sorted this out yet. Hopefully it'll be properly sorted the on the morrow and we can move on. The title of this thread has been so spot on at times. Edited by Wall Writer

Why isn't this done yet? Utd have already tweeted. TV interview also done already. Can we please just dump this thread to the wasteland. I keep checking it hoping to see it's all done and dusted, but in all honesty I'm sick of reading it.

They'll announce it at the opening of the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow - it'll be worth more to them.

Implicit bias. Again. Do you not understand this concept? You hate him, therefore your eyes tell you something different than what is actually happening. "My memory and judgment" means nothing anywhere against facts, which in this case, the facts are that he scores a fair number of goals with his right foot and that he is not nearly the one-dimensional player you make him out to be. He often has a shit first touch and doesn't hold the ball up as well as you'd like someone as strong and powerful as him to hold it up. He's also a complete and utter shithead. But that doesn't change the fact that you're delusional.

Do us a favour... break up your posts into paragraphs.

They'll announce it at the opening of the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow - it'll be worth more to them.

Their stock hasn't really gone anywhere for years. Look at the pattern, though: Buy in January, sell in July, and make your money. (Put another way, lots of preseason promise, then realism kicks in around Christmas.)

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/manu/stock-chart?intraday=off&timeframe=4y&splits=off&earnings=off&movingaverage=None&lowerstudy=volume&comparison=off&index=&drilldown=off

If Everton were traded publicly, the stock would be soaring right now. :D

Edited by Cornish Steve