IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I can't help but think Jose has had our kecks well and truly down with the Lukaku deal.

He obviously didn't see much in Rom and he certainly didn't see the potential that some fans on here see so sold him to the highest bidder.

Bought himself an absolute beast of a forward with our money.

Fair play Jose.

Check again in a few months' time. Things may look a little different by then.

This I agree on.

Don't like his unsporting behaviour though. Iron that out and he's a fantastic player and personality.

He is like a bigger, faster, stronger, technically better, better finisher version of Tim Cahill in that sense. Cahill if he never played for us would be a hate figure, horrible, gnarly, in your face, - basically he's a winner.

Possibly the most suited striker to a premier league team I have seen since Thierry Henry - Henry was made for Arsenal. Costa and Chelsea are made for each other - make of that what you will but he epitomises everything that Mourinho wants from a striker.

Guest blueboy122

He is like a bigger, faster, stronger, technically better, better finisher version of Tim Cahill in that sense. Cahill if he never played for us would be a hate figure, horrible, gnarly, in your face, - basically he's a winner.

Possibly the most suited striker to a premier league team I have seen since Thierry Henry - Henry was made for Arsenal. Costa and Chelsea are made for each other - make of that what you will but he epitomises everything that Mourinho wants from a striker.

Agreed and I would also say Suarez was a perfect fit for Liverpool.

Rom needs some of Costa's aggression

Guest blueboy122

Agree on both points.

Rom is a good kid off the pitch, but he needs to work on his aggression on it.

Can you work on aggression?

In my opinion its an emotion you possess or you don't.

I don't believe that Rom has ever needed to show aggression as he has always been the top star ever since he started playing football. I wouldn't of thought he had to fight much for people attention.

Can you work on aggression?

In my opinion its an emotion you possess or you don't.

I don't believe that Rom has ever needed to show aggression as he has always been the top star ever since he started playing football. I wouldn't of thought he had to fight much for people attention.

Just need to get him to join Toffeetalk, he'll turn into the Hulk in no time.

The big green monster, not the overrated Brazilian :D

Guest blueboy122

I think it goes back to what Wenger said about the South Americans and the European strikers. There seems to be no real aggression or fight in the new European players.

Guest blueboy122

Just need to get him to join Toffeetalk, he'll turn into the Hulk in no time.

The big green monster, not the overrated Brazilian :D

Doubt it to be honest probably take a selfie and upload it twitter

We have the vault, what's the opposite? Cause Haf is firmally in the driving seat.

Not having a go Shukes but as said in the Barkley thread some people (not myself) are getting miffed at all the Lukaku references and comparisons and had a rant at Haf yet people throw stuff like this in every so often it's getting tiresome and boring.....

Not having a go Shukes but as said in the Barkley thread some people (not myself) are getting miffed at all the Lukaku references and comparisons and had a rant at Haf yet people throw stuff like this in every so often it's getting tiresome and boring.....

This is the Lukaku thread though since should still be able to debate him.

But ye it was a little of a loaded comment, just trying to add a bit of humour to it.

Come on Rom lad let's have a blinder Saturday .

Maybe regardless of our feelings for the lad we should all get behind him and support him.

You see this is what I don't understand - I don't have "feelings" about him, I have an opinion of him as a player. The fact that he is an Everton player means that I will always want him to do well.

He is frustrating me because he doesn't do the basics very well and you can't paper over that. If he bangs in a hat trick on Saturday I will be made up - will it change my opinion of him? No, because I don't doubt he is a goalscorer in the right circumstances. If he all of a sudden he consistently starts bossing defenders, trapping the ball, passing it accurately then absolutely - I will put myself in the Vault.