Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I totally agree with you, Lukaku will never be a top goalkeeper

I think the truth about Lukaku is he is somewhere in between. He's not as bad as Haf makes out but not as good as others make out either.   We will find out a lot about the bloke in the next few wee

Its no secret I like the lad, I dont think Ive argued someones case this much ever. But I started thinking; maybe I'm letting my admiration for the lad get in the way of a proper analysis of him. So,

Posted Images

"I am an ambitious guy, I want to win trophies, like all other players handled by Mino, like Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic."

That sounds like something he's repeated after being hypnotised by the agent. I almost sprained my eyes rolling them.

I hope to fuck he's gone before the first friendly at Goodison or we ought to run him out to another country ourselves, stoning him for the whole journey.

As an evertonian for more than sixty years I've never come to hate one of our players so much.

But has he really ever been one of our players ?? I don't think Everton has ever been in his heart. It's good riddance for me and as soon as possible.

Edited by Bill

Goals are goals yes.... but in all honesty let's look at how many of his 119 club goals have been scored against decent sides?

Well you can pretty much discount his 40 odd anderlecht goals... unless teams that would struggle to exist in league one count.

If we have the money to go out and spend £28m on a Jansenn, then I do not think we will miss lukaku in the slightest.

Just wanted to point out that by your logic, Janssen has scored 0 goals in his carreer. Why would you spend 28m on that?

Edited by holystove

Just wanted to point out that by your logic, Janssen has scored 0 goals in his carreer. Why would you spend 28m on that?

Given the fact that I have repeatedly stated that I don't just judge strikers on their goal stats it's very appropriate and I think your argument actually supports my stance.

I judge strikers on their ability to finish, their technical skills, intelligence, the work rate... so back to jansenn have I said "let's sign him because he has scored x goals" no I haven't. I have watched him play and he impresses.

Good enough?

Edited by Hafnia

Given the fact that I have repeatedly stated that I don't just judge strikers on their goal stats it's very appropriate and I think your argument actually supports my stance.

I judge strikers on their ability to finish, their technical skills, intelligence, the work rate... so back to jansenn have I said "let's sign him because he has scored x goals" no I haven't. I have watched him play and he impresses.

Good enough?

Have you seen that Janssen has said that he is "ambitious and wants to make a move" and that a move to PSV or Ajax "is being made impossible" by AZ asking for 15 million euro's (about 11.5 million pounds, so let's hope Everton don't pay them 28m)?

Have you seen that Janssen has said that he is "ambitious and wants to make a move" and that a move to PSV or Ajax "is being made impossible" by AZ asking for 15 million euro's (about 11.5 million pounds, so let's hope Everton don't pay them 28m)?

Well for a start I don't like players piping up like that. But that seems cheap.

Good enough?

That's true, but you also ignore important stats for strikers too

Well for a start I don't like players piping up like that. But that seems cheap.

So his actions are excusable because he's cheap? Or is it just the sentence structure that's confusing me?

Edited by Matt

That's true, but you also ignore important stats for strikers too

So his actions are excusable because he's cheap? Or is it just the sentence structure that's confusing me?

His actions aren't excusable. His price is cheap.

The most important judgement of a striker is made with the eyes... unfortunately unless people put clips up of his semi final debacle they will make out his touch etc isn't that bad and his goal tally speaks for itself.

My opinion is that he struggles against canny centre halves... the stats prove that. If the stats didn't would it change my opinion? Maybe... but they don't.

Ah, thanks for clarifying :) I was going to say that if he's cheap we'll ignore the fact that he's mouthing off to the press to push for a bigger move which would be the definition of double standard.

Aaah, the semi-final again, the one we got to (where nearly everyone was shit) because of Roms quarter final performance. People just ignore that unless someone puts a youtube clip up to remind them (I won't bother though ;) ) because it's convenient to ignore it...

He's still not the finished article, he won't hit his peak for another 5 years most likely, but he still scores. We will miss him, and by him I mean his goals and play, not his attitude.

He's still not the finished article, he won't hit his peak for another 5 years most likely, but he still scores

That's quite interesting, I thought the general thinking was that most strikers peak around 25.

When do you see Harry Kane peaking? His improvement seems to be exponential compared to Rom.

What do people expect him to improve on in the next 5 years?

In the last 3 years he hasn't improved that much. His touch maybe ever so slightly... other than that he's still jumping under balls, balls still bounce off him, it doesn't bode well.

Edited by Hafnia

What do people expect him to improve on in the next 5 years?

In the last 3 years he hasn't improved that much. His touch maybe ever so slightly... other than that he's still jumping under balls, balls still bounce off him, it doesn't bode well.

even you finally conceded that he was improving earlier in the season, with his ariel challeneges, control, work rate, etc. Then he went off the boil again, coinciding with Geri being dropped for some reason and the whole team being shit.

He will never be a Messi for control, or a Carroll for ariel balls, or a Long for work rate. But he will improve in them and in the meantime, he'll score plenty along the way.

Chach - 25 though 30 I guess is the prime but it really depends on the striker. I just think he'll take a bit longer until he does, unless he gets a decent manager who coaches him better.

In the Turkish league or maybe Russia.

in that respect (lower league) yes i'd say ligue 1 he should be leading scorer. i also think should he move to germany (replace aubamayeng or wolfsburg or something) he could be golden boot winner there as well. I believe at the height of his powers he could be a golden boot winner in the premier league as well.

in that respect (lower league) yes i'd say ligue 1 he should be leading scorer. i also think should he move to germany (replace aubamayeng or wolfsburg or something) he could be golden boot winner there as well. I believe at the height of his powers he could be a golden boot winner in the premier league as well.

Don't be surprised if you've seen the best of him. Fowler, owen, rooney, all had their best seasons by Roms age.

He's starting to come across as ridiculous as nicklaus bentner.

Anelka had a bad rep for this stuff but this nob head is taking it to a new level.

Personally I think what he is doing is trying to get his head above his striker rivals in the Belgian squad. Just close your gob you tit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/09/evertons-romelu-lukaku-says-he-always-plays-fifa-as-a-rival-prem/

There he goes again. I liked his five a side team! Can't even count unless he's put himself as sub.

He has also come out and said the star of euro 2016 may be Paul Pogba (another player his agent is trying to sell) and that he wouldn't put another striker ahead of him.....

Hmmm lewandowski, muller, kane, Vardy, griezmann, Morata, mandzukic, gomez, aduriz, zlatan..... yeah ok... you keep talking bell end.

Henry and ferdinand picking up on what I have said all along... his straight line run. No brains or intelligence in his movement.

Doesn't run across the defender... wants a straight run. Schoolboy stuff.

yeah, they took that single opportunity to task. No criticism of any of the support though.

yeah, they took that single opportunity to task. No criticism of any of the support though.

He had 17 touches, he has conceded every single duel to the Italians he has won zero duels. He conceded 4 of his touches to the Italians... shite. His movement is shocking. Offside just then needlessly.

He had 17 touches, he has conceded every single duel to the Italians he has won zero duels. He conceded 4 of his touches to the Italians... shite. His movement is shocking. Offside just then needlessly.

I've also said hes been shit, but the fact is he's completely on his own up front. Felli is playing DCM instead of behind the striker, Hazard and De Bruyne have been well below par

Fluffed that though :lol:

I've also said hes been shit, but the fact is he's completely on his own up front. Felli is playing DCM instead of behind the striker, Hazard and De Bruyne have been well below par

Fluffed that though :lol:

I'll be honest I want him off. I could do with him scoring to get some £££ ball just bounced off him again. Pelle looks more the playwr.... commentator just said as I typed.

Agree his movement is shit tonight, and he has just missed a great chance. I don't think the big boys will come calling based on this performance.

Meaning Haf can continue his heroic effort to write more about Lukaku than Homer did about Greeks and wooden horses!

I'll be honest I want him off. I could do with him scoring to get some £££ ball just bounced off him again. Pelle looks more the playwr.... commentator just said as I typed.

The guy who fluffed his header first half to make it 2? He's played alright like, but not done much at all.

Got to say, I don't half get pissed off with you bigging up players from other teams, ignoring their mistakes and misses, whilst slagging one of ours (even if not for much longer). Think that's the main reason why I keep arguing with you and defend Rom more than I should

Unfortnatly Origi has done twice as much since replacing lukaku, yes Belgium have been poor but lukaku offers nothing, he makes no runs, he doesn't, come for the ball, he can't hold up the ball. Sweet FA

Not the finished article but he has balls about him. Not scared to have a go. The midfielders trust him more and he's pulled their defenders out of shape.

Belgium much better now.

Unfortnatly Origi has done twice as much since replacing lukaku, yes Belgium have been poor but lukaku offers nothing, he makes no runs, he doesn't, come for the ball, he can't hold up the ball. Sweet FA

hes missed a sitter and been tackled a bit more ;)

Edit: make that 2

Edited by Matt

Not the finished article but he has balls about him. Not scared to have a go. The midfielders trust him more and he's pulled their defenders out of shape.

Belgium much better now.

not the finished article?! Come on, you're on the wind up now with that argument surely?!

not the finished article?! Come on, you're on the wind up now with that argument surely?!

Why would I be? He wasn't 6ft 3 and 14 st at 16. He's just only put on 4kg in muscle to be able to physically compete. Loads more to come from him... very very good.

Finish that pelle lad..

Why would I be? He wasn't 6ft 3 and 14 st at 16. He's just only put on 4kg in muscle to be able to physically compete. Loads more to come from him... very very good.

Finish that pelle lad..

jesus fucking Christ, can you not see the hypocrisy here?!

Cracking finish (and move) indeed!

• Matt locked this topic