IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

If the 'mainstream' is on here.... Then it's because you're all tele clappers and can't see him asking for the ball and making runs :P

Still getting a 3g signal in goodison? you'll have to let us know who your contract is with. I do love your match updates from within the ground........

Still getting a 3g signal in goodison? you'll have to let us know who your contract is with. I do love your match updates from within the ground........

It's 4g actually/O2 and I usually struggle to get one.... However this season it seems to be better.... Just for you!

post-15716-0-03868900-1418767745_thumb.jpg

No...the mainstream I mean people in the game...analysist, journos, commentators etc.

In fact, you can find a fair bit on his lack of work rate historically. It does seem to be something he lacks.

But hey ho...so long as he gets 20 a season It'll be ok! (And that's not sarcasm).

I hope his form picks up along with the team's. But I do think he needs time out.

Come on, whatever you think, whoever you want to argue with, Lukaku isn't doing the business this season.

He's Everton's leading scorer, tied with Eden Hazard and Wayne Rooney, and way ahead of any Liverpool striker. You don't have to be entertaining or overextending yourself to do your job.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

He's Everton's leading scorer, tied with Eden Hazard and Wayne Rooney, and way ahead of any Liverpool striker. You don't have to be entertaining or overextending yourself to do your job.

He's been absolutely shite. Sorry but he has. Naismitg has played less games, is one goal behind and isn't striker. He does contribute far more though. Wins challenges, headers, links up play and gives us presence.

But hey if you think 6 goals is great and not offering anything else is ok then that's up to you.

Newty, what you don't see watching it on telly is his constant runs and him pointing where he wants the ball played, he's screaming for it at times pointing at space in front of him and starting a run begging for it to be played there. It usually gets passed sideways then back . He atops and you can see the exasperation on his face. After doing that 20 times the 21st time you probably aren't going to bother.

He doesn't just stand static but he is admittedly laY when it comes tochasing the ball down and jumping for headers etc but he shows constantly for the ball the problem is he rarely gets it.

One thing for sure is when he does get a chance he almost always puts it away. Fans have been screaming for a 20 goal a season striker for years and now we have one. If you want one thats already the finished article and as good as a Suarez then you're needing to pay upwards of 80 million. We paid 28, for what he is now it's too much for what he may become it could turn out a steal. It's his first season as our player he's playing in a way that's not his strength and he's 21. Give the lad a chance. Everyone screaming give Martinez time, give Mcgeady time, Barkley time wtc well what about Lukaku? The lad miscontrols a ball and we should sell him for a pack of cheese and onion crisps it's fucking pathetic. Total double standards.

If at the end of next season he's still at this level I'll start to worry until then he's a sound investment in my eyes.

The runs are clear on TV, this is the only reason I keep defending him. The accusations of him being lazy are 90% of the time unjustified

The runs are clear on TV, this is the only reason I keep defending him. The accusations of him being lazy are 90% of the time unjustified

ah the old "I go the match and therefore see more shout".

TV coverage is so good these days - the camera angles and camera man intelligence. If you go and "scout a player" then of course the ground is the best way of doing it as you watch them when they are miles away from the ball to see what they do.

For me you don't need to be at the game to see a players runs. I see Rom making runs but as I have said they are like watching a relay runner - straight line, pointing ahead of him.

I think the word I am looking for is "varied".

I will however say this - he needs a strike partner. If he can't adapt his game according to our system then he needs a player to run off. Teams aren't going to have a high line against him and to be honest he doesn't have the top end speed to exploit that in the way we originally thought.

I believe Kone could be the ideal partner for him but it may mean dropping Naismith.

I'd like him to play with kone up top..clear kone can do what lukaku can't and vice versa..would make space for him to exploit..play naismith and mirallas/barkley behind and the 2 holders...We don't need wide wingers cos ours are shit at it..2 great full backs for that

I'd agree with that.

I wasn't really going into all the stats like goals etc, just saying I think he needs to do more work, and that is also being noticed in the footballing circles.

But as you mention them...Hazard is a midfielder. Rooney has only played in 12 games. Not that it matters. It's totally irrelevant.

Just to add...I'm comfortable with my opinion. I don't have any favourite players. I sit to watch football to enjoy it and never hone in on one player so I can hand pick bias Pro's or neg's. I just say what I see on the day...and summing this season so far, Lukaku has been more frustrating than pleasing.

I'd get shot for providing lazy stats like that. Example, lukaku had played 300 more minutes than naismith.

Lukaku does a mile every 15.6 minutes, naismith takes 12.4 minutes.

Naismith averages 7.25 miles per game. Lukaku 5.2 miles.

Naismith has one of the highest distances covered in a game 12km vs west brom.

You see there is also this, naismith covers his ground with intent, when he presses a player he is going to win the thing. Lukakus is more "I'm just kinda running at 75% to make it look like I'm doing my job". There is no kidding the fans.

Can I remind you that he is an actual Everton player Haf? Every positive thing about him you try an argue to prove a point. Get behind him. After all, he is only 21?!

I work in stats Geth, the majority of the time people know what the stats should be to support what they see. When you see a stat that is surprising then there is often a reason.

Not "normalizing" stats is a very convenient way to create "spin".

Every fan knows that it's quite clear that naismith and McCarthy are by far the hardest working players, when you see lukaku above naismith then you know it's bollocks. As proven.

I support all Everton players, that doesn't mean you can't be critical.

I actually expect a brace from Rom today.

I see your point but it's still better that he's on that list rather than not on the list surely? Proves he's not a lazy sod that some make him out to be. We're all critical of players at times but I just think he's a bit of a scapegoat and because of his price tag people jump on that. Anyway, hope he scores a hat-rick today in a dominating performance. Off to finish my christmas shopping. Wish me luck!

Edited by Geth

If we pull this off what a HUGE statement this sends out. Absolutely fantastic if the club pulls this deal through. The new contract extentions with the addition of this Lukaku is the best pre season I could have hoped for. For once I am over the moon with the entire background of Everton FC. COYB

You were happy enough....

You said you seen all this happening a year ago.

"For once I am over the moon with the e tire background of Everton f.c"

I seen the shit talk over a year ago!

Above is what I said in response to Patto's post about the shit Martinez talks. Never once said I saw this poor form coming.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26778-has-martinez-got-it-wrong/page-3

Edited by MC11

He's rightly had a strip torn off him for that corner. That was terrible.

If Martinez is going to keep playing him no matter what, then we really do need him to learn his lessons, step up, and start banging them in. Please Mr Lukaku!!!

His premier league level finishing isn't the issuez it's his conference level touch, his "been there and done it attitude" - his lack of heart.

Ultimately Martinez is to blame for the lad. Not lukaku.