IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

It's aimed at everyone; those slaughtering him, and those defending him. We're focusing on him too much.

Spot on. There are so many players underperforming.

Coleman

Barry

Defence

Forwards

Tye only players doing much of anything are

Besic

Baines, still quiet but not bad.

Barkley, last few weeks has stepped up a bit.

Howard, always keeps going and tries to get the team lifted.

Mirralas when he's on.

It's aimed at everyone; those slaughtering him, and those defending him. We're focusing on him too much.

You're dead right.

Unfortunately it comes with the territory of being the most expensive player. The new big signing etc. And that's the same at any club.

I doubt anyone thinks he is at fault for all of the shortcomings this season. That would be daft.

I'll be glad when he starts banging them in again. And running (!).

I don't think it helps when people greet every goal or half decent game as the arrival of the player. Nor the fact that his poor games are excused by poor service etc.

It just brings the whole debate up. You don't see Kone giving interviews left right and centre but Rom forever seems to be in the press. There is an awful lot of insults to intelligence with this lad.

Personally he is the most decisive player the club have signed. I personally seen the flaws from a very early stage and was shocked at how much he was supposed to be rated. It's all very well saying we need to do this and that for him but a striker of supposed quality should be able to make his own chances and impact.

It's very strange the mentality around fans and players. I would be far more tolerant of him if he had a bit of bottle about him. He has an ego than belies his abilities. A supposed 15 goals a season is the benchmark for a top striker and to me that is bollocks. Some qualities are intangible, McCarthy for example. It's as clear as day how much we miss him yet fans ask what does he do? Lukaku can play shite but fans will say "he's got 6 goals"

I'm looking at the likes of Baines, jags, Coleman, Barry, Howard, eto with far more disappointment, I expect more from them.

Time to see Kone, garbutt, and a couple of others come in and shatter some egos.

BTW guys, a little background as to why I am so bothered by Rom.

I have a very good memory. I recall the feelings in every transfer window after spending a few million here and there because of our crippling overdraft and banks squeezing us.

I feel like a bloke who has survived on beans on toast for a few years and all of a sudden when there is a few quid saved up, it is spent on a kobi steak that's been burned. Back to beans on toast for a while now.

BTW guys, a little background as to why I am so bothered by Rom.

I have a very good memory. I recall the feelings in every transfer window after spending a few million here and there because of our crippling overdraft and banks squeezing us.

I feel like a bloke who has survived on beans on toast for a few years and all of a sudden when there is a few quid saved up, it is spent on a kobi steak that's been burned. Back to beans on toast for a while now.

so its the money again, which is nothing to do with him. As for dismissing the stat that he isn't lazy, with a proven stat - just because Naismith has played less minutes doesnt mean Lukaku is lazy.

Just on the own goal, just saw it analysed in slo-mo, I didn't see that he got an elbow in the side of the head which turns him from heading the ball with his front/side of his head to the back of his head.

Matt - he did pussy out. No question. If he was strong, had jumped when supposed to, he wouldn't have gotten that 'elbow' to the head. If anything his elbow would have been in the saints player's head.

He fucked up. Pussied out. No excuses.

he got an elbow in the side of the head, not sure how that counts as pussying out. If he had had his elbow in the Saints players face, it wouldve been a pen. maybe he needs a stronger neck so he can take the illegal blows.

This time im not excusing him, or defending him. Its pointless. I Just saw the review which showed him facing the ball, ie in position to head the ball away until an elbow into the side of his head turned him around. Thats all im saying.

Ten - 4 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYrupMVpMOQ

If he had jumped, the ball would been into his stomach. He was well positioned to clear the ball.

I'd rather point the finger at the ref to be honest for the stupid corner decision

Edited by Matt

This is a great analogy actually.

You are so disappointed with the steak, and to be honest its understandable. My big problem is that you are constantly blaming the steak for not meeting your expectations, rather than the person responsible for preparing and presenting the steak. Any faults with the steak, its the steaks fault, even though if the steak was treated properly, it could be one of the best steaks you've ever seen and had.

I'm off to prepare lunch...

This is a great analogy actually.

You are so disappointed with the steak, and to be honest its understandable. My big problem is that you are constantly blaming the steak for not meeting your expectations, rather than the person responsible for preparing and presenting the steak. Any faults with the steak, its the steaks fault, even though if the steak was treated properly, it could be one of the best steaks you've ever seen and had.

I'm off to prepare lunch...

I fucking hate the analogies on here but my god did that one work!

I'm defending him simply because he's being unfairly singled out. If we were creating loads of chances and he was missing them I'd agree but our problems are not Lukakus fault. Because he cost 28 million he gets slaughtered every time we play badly.

No he's not blameless and there are elements to him that deserve critisism but he doesn't ask to be played the way he does, he doesn't pick the team or set the formation, he doesn't make us defend badly and he isn't to blame for us creating virtually zero chances. The odd scraps he's had he's scored most of the time.

It's fucking ridiculous. We play bad it's his fault no matter what. Critisise him where it's due, I openy have, he needs to learn to jump for a header, get better with the ball at his feet and get more agressive but a lot of the flack he is getting is just bollocks when otherws because they don't have a pricetag get a quick mention then back to blaming him.

He's by no means above it but he's getting a lot of undue stick.

so its the money again, which is nothing to do with him. As for dismissing the stat that he isn't lazy, with a proven stat - just because Naismith has played less minutes doesnt mean Lukaku is lazy.

Just on the own goal, just saw it analysed in slo-mo, I didn't see that he got an elbow in the side of the head which turns him from heading the ball with his front/side of his head to the back of his head.

Ok, let's forget that he cost £28m, let's pretend he cost £6m and his name is Victor Anichebe. He would be on the bench because he is playing shite and the low cost means you don't have to play him.

You'd think having invested so much money in him, we'd try playing to his strengths. We know finishing is what he's good at and he's at his best with play in front of him/facing goal. The way we've set up of late has not helped him one bit.

Anyone who can't see thismust be blind. He is shite playing with his back to goal and he probably always will be. Martinez bought him knowing what he was good at, we all know what he's good at so fucking play to his stengths.

I'd love to see him in the United side (not literally like) but he would have a field day playing in that team with the way they play.

You'd think having invested so much money in him, we'd try playing to his strengths. We know finishing is what he's good at and he's at his best with play in front of him/facing goal. The way we've set up of late has not helped him one bit.

I agree. The way we play. passing square. backwards and forwards outside the penalty area, keeps him with his back to goal. We need some sharp one-two's with through balls he can run on to.

Let's be honest, he's playing in a poor Everton team at the moment.He does play better when his backs not to goal, some of the goals he scored for us last season and for WBA the previous were excellent.

His touch with back to goal has improved as this seasons gone on, that part of his game has to be work in progress.It's got to be work in progress, because the rest of the team can't seem to play to his strenghts, so yes he has got work to do.

So has Martinez, Coleman and numerous others.

As for his own goal, you just can't stick your elbow in someone ear and expect to get away with it.

Expect a certain someone to come in and explain that all of the above is just bullshit.......probably go on to talk of Kobi steak and baked beans :wacko: , as someone above said ' take a look at the chef '.......Martinez.

Let's be honest, he's playing in a poor Everton team at the moment.He does play better when his backs not to goal, some of the goals he scored for us last season and for WBA the previous were excellent.

His touch with back to goal has improved as this seasons gone on, that part of his game has to be work in progress.It's got to be work in progress, because the rest of the team can't seem to play to his strenghts, so yes he has got work to do.

So has Martinez, Coleman and numerous others.

As for his own goal, you just can't stick your elbow in someone ear and expect to get away with it.

Expect a certain someone to come in and explain that all of the above is just bullshit.......probably go on to talk of Kobi steak and baked beans :wacko: , as someone above said ' take a look at the chef '.......Martinez.

Ok, so let's see what do we need in order to get the best out of him.... A team that doesn't expect him to control it with his back to goal. A team that doesn't expect him to win headers. A team that doesn't expect him to run channels but give him a ball to run onto and he will put it away?

Thing is that's why we sold this fella. The write up is so very uncanny....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/nov/13/leedsunited

Blue, you say his play back to goal has improved? From what? Really shit to just very shit? Because to me it's clear as day it ain't.

You say I haven't blamed Martinez? Read again. The steak is lukaku, he didn't burn himself. It's the person who bought it and cooked it. Martinez.

The problem I have is the people who tell me the expensive steak isn't burned.

Charlie Austin is playing in a shite QPR team, 11 in 15 games.

As for the elbow in his ear, do me a fuckin favour.- He ducked!!!! Ducked!!!!! The other player wasn't 8ft, Rom did what Rom does and bottled a challenge.

The very fact you are even tryin to defend him shows exactly the whole ridiculous defence of a player who needs to man up and grow some.

Edited by Hafnia

Ok, so let's see what do we need in order to get the best out of him.... A team that doesn't expect him to control it with his back to goal. A team that doesn't expect him to win headers. A team that doesn't expect him to run channels but give him a ball to run onto and he will put it away?

Thing is that's why we sold this fella. The write up is so very uncanny....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/nov/13/leedsunited

Blue, you say his play back to goal has improved? From what? Really shit to just very shit? Because to me it's clear as day it ain't.

You say I haven't blamed Martinez? Read again. The steak is lukaku, he didn't burn himself. It's the person who bought it and cooked it. Martinez.

The problem I have is the people who tell me the expensive steak isn't burned.

Charlie Austin is playing in a shite QPR team, 11 in 15 games.

As for the elbow in his ear, do me a fuckin favour.- He ducked!!!! Ducked!!!!! The other player wasn't 8ft, Rom did what Rom does and bottled a challenge.

The very fact you are even tryin to defend him shows exactly the whole ridiculous defence of a player who needs to man up and grow some.

Why don't you get a fucking life? Everybody knows your thoughts on the lad why do you have to consistently throw it down everyone's throats.

A fucking smashed record you are. Shut up!

Charlie Austin is scoring in a fast breaking counter attacking side. We begin a counter and look back when we get to the edge of their box... okay Rom's hold up play often doesn't help. Austin probably wouldn't have 11 goals as our leading striker this season with the way we play.

If we set up like we did against Wolfsburg away then Rom would have more goals I would imagine.

Edited by c1982

Why don't you get a fucking life? Everybody knows your thoughts on the lad why do you have to consistently throw it down everyone's throats.

Crikey! It's just a forum. As I've said before, people keep calling him out...so he responds. As he can.

I think both sides of the argument are a bit boring now. How's abouts we agree to just sit back for another load of games and see what happens?

Charlie Austin is scoring in a fast breaking counter attacking side. We begin a counter and look back when we get to the edge of their box... okay Rom's hold up play often doesn't help. Austin probably wouldn't have 11 goals as our leading striker this season with the way we play.

If we set up like we did against Wolfsburg away then Rom would have more goals I would imagine.

Spot on!

Who the fuck you telling to get a life? If someone wants to "call me out" I'll respond. Now get back in ya little box - bell end.

Crikey! It's just a forum. As I've said before, people keep calling him out...so he responds. As he can.

I think both sides of the argument are a bit boring now. How's abouts we agree to just sit back for another load of games and see what happens?

He was at in the match thread again yesterday... But then has the cheek to call me for calling people out in match threads....It's not even as though it's a different subject. It's just the same old shit over and over. It's him who makes these posts all the time.... Small little digs (I'm right about Lukaku posts) trying to justify everything he's said about him.

Ok, let's forget that he cost £28m, let's pretend he cost £6m and his name is Victor Anichebe. He would be on the bench because he is playing shite and the low cost means you don't have to play him.

Except he scores goals and creates assists. But I agree, if the player (regardless of value) isn't playing well enough, he should be dropped. He's not playing shit because he's playing shit, if that makes sense. He is the focal point of a whole team playing shit, which is why I defend him. Paddock summed it up very well