IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You'd think having invested so much money in him, we'd try playing to his strengths. We know finishing is what he's good at and he's at his best with play in front of him/facing goal. The way we've set up of late has not helped him one bit.

Spot on. Bought a sports car to drive off road, then blame the car for not performing.

Ok, so let's see what do we need in order to get the best out of him.... A team that doesn't expect him to control it with his back to goal. A team that doesn't expect him to win headers. A team that doesn't expect him to run channels but give him a ball to run onto and he will put it away?

Thing is that's why we sold this fella. The write up is so very uncanny.... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/nov/13/leedsunited

Blue, you say his play back to goal has improved? From what? Really shit to just very shit? Because to me it's clear as day it ain't.

You say I haven't blamed Martinez? Read again. The steak is lukaku, he didn't burn himself. It's the person who bought it and cooked it. Martinez.

The problem I have is the people who tell me the expensive steak isn't burned.

Charlie Austin is playing in a shite QPR team, 11 in 15 games.

As for the elbow in his ear, do me a fuckin favour.- He ducked!!!! Ducked!!!!! The other player wasn't 8ft, Rom did what Rom does and bottled a challenge.

The very fact you are even tryin to defend him shows exactly the whole ridiculous defence of a player who needs to man up and grow some.

haf, look at the video replay of the own goal which is in slow mo. He ducked to get his head on the ball meaning be at the right level as the ball, if he hadn't it would hit his chest. The elbow is in the side of his head deny that, and that is a foul not to mention fuckin difficult to defend against. The other player wasn't 8ft,but he had jumped and was leading with his elbow.

If you cannot see that the ball was heading for his forehead until the contact, I seriously don't know what glasses you have but they need changing.

If you blamed the chef rather than the steam a 100th of the time you blame the steak, I wouldnt keep fighting the steaks corner.

Beef.

Edited by Matt

You should try the ignore button, it's bliss... Until people quote :shaking fist:

The problem I have is that he's a good poster on other subjects but he's also a hypocrite. He's the first to jump on me for ruining match threads.... Read the Southampton thread..... I was literally biting my tongue... It's the little digs at Lukaku willing people to respond.

I hate to be a link arse but I'm getting just as bored with all you guys bleating on about Hafs opinion.

The last few weeks we have no argument against him.

Lukaku has been rubbish but instead of countering Hafs opinions with reason, he's just being countered with "bored with you now Haf", which sounds like we really have no argument against you.

No onto lukaku haha.

I actually agree with whoever said he has improved a bit with his back to goal.

There were a few instances on Saturday where he actually received the ball and turned sharply.

Ok this wasn't consistent enough to say that he is at the right level now but it did show improvement.

I do think we should judge him when the team starts to support him, as everyone should be judged like that. There is too much wrong at the moment and Roberto has work to do.

I hate to be a link arse but I'm getting just as bored with all you guys bleating on about Hafs opinion.

The last few weeks we have no argument against him.

Lukaku has been rubbish but instead of countering Hafs opinions with reason, he's just being countered with "bored with you now Haf", which sounds like we really have no argument against you.

o.

He's had every single response possible.

He's had every single response possible.

Still not finished no?

As shukes said, no one has provided a counter to the statement that lukaku is just not good enough.

The only thing I hear is we don't play to his strengths... Absolute bullshit. If by playing to someone's strengths means you can't expect them to do the basics and show real desire then it reinforces my point.

It was ironic that Shane long (who was used as the battering ram for wba whilst ROM waited for the defence to be given a run around before playing as an impact sub) gave our defense some tough questions to answer.

Do I think Shane long is the answer? No. But for me he offers the team more than what lukaku does. Heart and desire.

We have an ageing defence and need a new keeper and left winger. Unfortunately all our cash has been blown on a striker who needs dropping.

Watch Besic, problem solved.

Watch Fabregas.

Watch Arteta.

Watch other top world class players and you will see they all have a nasty streak due to their undeniable confidence in their ability.

He needs to belive that the other guys are lucky to he on the same pitch as him.

I had that same belief and look what it did for me. :-B

Still not finished no?As shukes said, no one has provided a counter to the statement that lukaku is just not good enough.The only thing I hear is we don't play to his strengths... Absolute bullshit. If by playing to someone's strengths means you can't expect them to do the basics and show real desire then it reinforces my point.It was ironic that Shane long (who was used as the battering ram for wba whilst ROM waited for the defence to be given a run around before playing as an impact sub) gave our defense some tough questions to answer.Do I think Shane long is the answer? No. But for me he offers the team more than what lukaku does. Heart and desire.We have an ageing defence and need a new keeper and left winger. Unfortunately all our cash has been blown on a striker who needs dropping.

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making out though. He's far from the problem and you seem to heap all critisism on the lad. The striker is not our problem. It lies elsewhere. We just haven't got enough creativity to put the ball infront of Lukaku who will score 9/10 infront of goal.

It's a personal preference with you. You just don't rate him but you go on and on about it..... What do you want us to do? We all know he's not a £28m striker. But there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making out though. He's far from the problem and you seem to heap all critisism on the lad. The striker is not our problem. It lies elsewhere. We just haven't got enough creativity to put the ball infront of Lukaku who will score 9/10 infront of goal.

It's a personal preference with you. You just don't rate him but you go on and on about it..... What do you want us to do? We all know he's not a £28m striker. But there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

He's not a £28m player, absolutely not. £10m at best at moment and that comes with the caveat that he needs parity with Kone.

The reality is that RM has put all his eggs in one basket - his fault.

We could have got welbeck which I was laughed at for and believe me we would look so much better. We could have used the extra £12m and bought Eric dier and some other options.

Dier-stones would be the centre half partnership that would allow Martinez to play his brand of football.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

He's not a £28m player, absolutely not. £10m at best at moment and that comes with the caveat that he needs parity with Kone.

The reality is that RM has put all his eggs in one basket - his fault.

HOOOOOOOOOORAY!....................It's RM's fault.

Thank fuck for that, he paid too much, it's not the lads fault............now we let him try and bed into a team that at times is playing shite.

RM needs to address the latter before asking any forward to try and look any fuc%ing good playing up front for us.

We played better last season......Lukaku looked better.Is Lukaku the finished item, no way.

Does he deserve the shit you give him, I wont even bother to answer

Edited by Blue 250

I, like everyone was optimistic when we signed Lukaku. The statistics speak for themselves, the two seasons before he signed for us the only two strikers who scored more were Suarez and RvP. He looked a force in his first season at Everton and now he doesn't look half the player he was.

Some aspects of his game have improved but others haven't. His passing seems to be better and I agree with his back to goal improvement. What he hasn't improved on is his touch, he can have such a terrible touch at times.

I also don't think it is down to Lukaku either, fact of the matter is the whole team hasn't played well. Not just Lukaku, our defence is poor as well. Something seems to be missing in the squad from last season but I can't put my finger on what it is!

HOOOOOOOOOORAY!....................It's RM's fault.

Thank fuck for that, he paid too much, it's not the lads fault............now we let him try and bed into a team that at times is playing shite.

RM needs to address the latter before asking any forward to try and look any fuc%ing good playing up front for us.

We played better last season......Lukaku looked better.Is Lukaku the finished item, no way.

Does he deserve the shit you give him, I wont even bother to answer

I think on more than one occasion I have said it's Martinez 's fault for signing lukaku, unless someone else is to blame.

Does that mean when Howard has a stinker we go nuts at Moyes?

The player is responsible for their performances.

I think on more than one occasion I have said it's Martinez 's fault for signing lukaku, unless someone else is to blame.

Does that mean when Howard has a stinker we go nuts at Moyes?

The player is responsible for their performances.

He's not even close to the worst player in the team.....

The lack of creativity is to blame..... How many chances has the lad had created for him??? Very fucking little.

He's not even close to the worst player in the team.....

The lack of creativity is to blame..... How many chances has the lad had created for him??? Very fucking little.

That's a matter of opinion. I certainly don't think there are many worse.

The problem is besides putting the ball away when he is one on one there is little he offers.

I don't want to get too entrenched in this but we are acting like we have never had striker problems before.. we haven't had a consistent striker on the team since I began following Everton. Now we haven't paid nearly as much for a forward as we did for Lukaku but to me it shows that it is more of a team problem rather than mostly Lukaku's fault. How about a condensed midfield and a lack of play in the wings? Barkely can't play the wings and neither can Naismith. How about Baines and Coleman not being able to fill this void and playing below par?

The way I see it, I don't think having Eto'o or Kone up front would help out our play. Would I mind if Lukaku is dropped for either of them? Not really and I would love to be proven wrong but those are just my observations.

I don't want to get too entrenched in this but we are acting like we have never had striker problems before.. we haven't had a consistent striker on the team since I began following Everton. Now we haven't paid nearly as much for a forward as we did for Lukaku but to me it shows that it is more of a team problem rather than mostly Lukaku's fault. How about a condensed midfield and a lack of play in the wings? Barkely can't play the wings and neither can Naismith. How about Baines and Coleman not being able to fill this void and playing below par?

The way I see it, I don't think having Eto'o or Kone up front would help out our play. Would I mind if Lukaku is dropped for either of them? Not really and I would love to be proven wrong but those are just my observations.

This is spot on Edited by MC11

Yakubu was pretty consistent till he did his Achilles in.

Was that the season when he had something like 15 goals the the BPL? That was a year or two before I started following Everton but I'll take your word for it :). Point being it has been years now since we've had a constant forward (Bar Jela's scorching form when he first came to us but he was very much a poacher)