IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I don't think he'd want to play against stones. It would be a big deal and that's why I'd take it.

If we could get vardy for 30m less then I'd do it. His pace is electric and he has worked so hard on the mental side, his movement is very good. He doesn't have Roms presence but blimey he's a nightmare for defenders.

humour4-8.png

Vardy's got Michu written all over him.

Two seasons time, i may reconsider my view on the racist chav, when he's consistently banked 15 goals in each season.

We could throw in a load of one season wonders, then we could throw in a good few players who mentally clicked and learned the tactical side of the game and clever movement.

Funny enough I haven't remarked on his number of goals, the same as I didn't when kane was and wasn't scoring. Strikers will score when they do the fundamentals right. Just like Shearer said, it's what they do when they aren't scoring that tells you more about them.

I think you missed the extra £30m so no that isn't what I said.

Don't think Romey is even talking about the money. He's saying why get rid of a young striker to replace an older striker when our only other striker (Koné) is over 30. It's more about look at the age than cash in his statement.

Don't think Romey is even talking about the money. He's saying why get rid of a young striker to replace an older striker when our only other striker (Koné) is over 30. It's more about look at the age than cash in his statement.

Regardless, The money represents an opportunity to invest in a young striker.

I think people are losing sight that Lukaku will be very much up for a move to a champions league club with , £150K a week plus. His agent will be sure to make that happen.

So. With that in mind who can we get? vardy at 20m and pocket 50m for Rom with which we can look at getting the second striker we need given that Kone and naismith are the back up.

Edited by Hafnia

Regardless, The money represents an opportunity to invest in a young striker.

I think people are losing sight that Lukaku will be very much up for a move to a champions league club with , £150K a week plus. His agent will be sure to make that happen.

So. With that in mind who can we get? vardy at 20m and pocket 50m for Rom with which we can look at getting the second striker we need given that Kone and naismith are the back up.

Regardless? You can't just disregard an extremely valid point! Keeping the team young is essential.

Even if we do then go and buy a young talent out of the remaining 20-30m (assuming we get 50m for Rom) after splashing out 20m+ on a (so far) 1 season wonder, you think either Vardy or the other striker are going to want to come to us knowing they're not going to be 1st choice?

Regardless? You can't just disregard an extremely valid point! Keeping the team young is essential.

Even if we do then go and buy a young talent out of the remaining 20-30m (assuming we get 50m for Rom) after splashing out 20m+ on a (so far) 1 season wonder, you think either Vardy or the other striker are going to want to come to us knowing they're not going to be 1st choice?

Disregard a valid point? You mean like the £30m was disregarded?

If people want to get all pompous and sarcastic over posts at least be relevant to the original point. I'm sure Romey does not need you to answer for him.

I understand that vardy is 28. That's why 20m is a good price for him. I also understand that Lukaku will be sold if the right price comes in and that would be 50m.

Is that clear enough?

Disregard a valid point? You mean like the £30m was disregarded?

If people want to get all pompous and sarcastic over posts at least be relevant to the original point. I'm sure Romey does not need you to answer for him.

I understand that vardy is 28. That's why 20m is a good price for him. I also understand that Lukaku will be sold if the right price comes in and that would be 50m.

Is that clear enough?

It wasn't disregarded, it was not mentioned, presumably because that bit isn't an issue. Age is. What you are saying It was always clear for me, unsurprisingly I disagree with you, but you just skipped over his point completely.

What you're proposing is to sell a developing goal scorer (assuming for 50m), replace him in the summer with a by then 29y old Vardy for 20m (birthday is in January, so 8 months into any potential contract he turns 30) to go with our only other striker in our 32 yr old Kone. By next Jan, we could have spent 20m on a 30yr leading the line with a 33yr old as back up (or more likely still on the wing). Then, splash the remaining cash (which we know won't be 30m) on another up and coming talent.

Whilst I see the logic behind your point, as I assume Mark does too which is why the latter wasn't an issue, the idea of having 2 aging players leading the line is just nuts, especially after all the work that has gone on in the last several years to bring the age of our squad down.

But you're right. If Romeys head hasn't exploded by now, he can fill you in better than I can on his thoughts :lol:

I was sarcastic, yes, but not pompous. And it was relevant to the original point, which was sell Lukaku and sign Vardy. You said nothing about then signing another striker, I'm not a mind reader despite having many winning qualities!

It's all a bit pointless anyway because we won't sign Jamie Vardy.

If we sell lukaku for £50m - which I believe we will. Then we will need to replace him. I don't see the issue at buying at 28 year old, yes I would prefer a younger player but I first and foremost want a forward who will press the shit out of opponents.

All you need is to look at what Suarez gave to Liverpool, vardy works exactly the same.

I have said all along if we sell lukaku then we need to use the money to buy a second striker. The same if we sell stones - we need 2 centre halves.

It wasn't disregarded, it was not mentioned, presumably because that bit isn't an issue. Age is. What you are saying It was always clear for me, unsurprisingly I disagree with you, but you just skipped over his point completely.

What you're proposing is to sell a developing goal scorer (assuming for 50m), replace him in the summer with a by then 29y old Vardy for 20m (birthday is in January, so 8 months into any potential contract he turns 30) to go with our only other striker in our 32 yr old Kone. By next Jan, we could have spent 20m on a 30yr leading the line with a 33yr old as back up (or more likely still on the wing). Then, splash the remaining cash (which we know won't be 30m) on another up and coming talent.

Whilst I see the logic behind your point, as I assume Mark does too which is why the latter wasn't an issue, the idea of having 2 aging players leading the line is just nuts, especially after all the work that has gone on in the last several years to bring the age of our squad down.

But you're right. If Romeys head hasn't exploded by now, he can fill you in better than I can on his thoughts :lol:

Urgh don't be that man Matt, I just got all cringey. Are we having a doubles match here? I'm happy to be solo....

That sounds really sad :P

What man? Sorry to bring a couple of facts to the debate...

Matt I can't even have a discussion with another poster about rom without you answering for him... now that's sad.

I get it, you love Rom, you feel protection of him, you are a huge fan and a that. I'm not having a go at Rom, I'm saying that I would sell him for 50m and buy vardy for 20m.

Stop feeling the need to step in all the fuckin time.

Matt I can't even have a discussion with another poster about rom without you answering for him... now that's sad.

I get it, you love Rom, you feel protection of him, you are a huge fan and a that. I'm not having a go at Rom, I'm saying that I would sell him for 50m and buy vardy for 20m.

Stop feeling the need to step in all the fuckin time.

eh? You mean Romey or Lukaku now, because I've only been talking about Vardy and how spending 20m on him is nuts because of his age. I know you've got selective reading skills, but seriously, you're out doing yourself here. IF you had bothered to read what I wrote, I was saying if Lukaku is going to go, it better be for big money. Then when you said by Vardy for 20m and spend the rest on another striker, I said I saw your logic and disagreed (still no mention of Rom at this point from my side). Actually, the only real reference to Rom in the last was you and Romey ;) The only time I referred to him was actually selling him.

I also never once said you were having a go at Lukaku, because you weren't (which was a pleasent surprise). So selective reading meets imagination.

I don't feel the need to step in, I just thought your point was interesting but I disagreed. Also, its a forum so tough shit, I'll comment when I want :)

Oh and I love them both Romey and Rom :wub:

The American's won't like that. You must battle to the death.

to be honest, were already fighting to the death on Lukaku, my blood pressure is through the roof as it is :lol:

What you don't know is that Haf and I are allies and were trying to take you all down before us, or at least with us....

MmmwaHahahahahahahhaaaaaa

Edited by Matt

I really don't want to participate in this madness. But, I have to at least echo Matt in saying that paying £20m for Vardy is fucking crazy.

Also, it's all well and good to think of potential plan b's should any of our most integral players leave, but Lukaku isn't making any noise about getting out of here any time soon. Sure, common sense says he's more likely to leave in the next year or two than he is to stay throughout his prime. But, to be speaking of him as though he can't wait to get rid of Everton is a bit much.

Spending £20m on Vardy stinks of a Shite type of signing. English + purple patch.

Lukaku to United.

Stones bad Barkley to Barca.

Mirallas to Kiev.

Yarmolenko in.

Top young Barca prospects for striker and AM.

Barca rescind Deulofeus buy-back option.

United pay for our new stadium.

There you go.

This is how I imagined your post:

http://youtu.be/fAWJdXJvngU

Edited by JoeQuince

Lukaku to United.

Stones bad Barkley to Barca.

Mirallas to Kiev.

Yarmolenko in.

Top young Barca prospects for striker and AM.

Barca rescind Deulofeus buy-back option.

United pay for our new stadium.

There you go.

Honestly Steve I thought this for a minute. The only way we won't get gauged on buying players is if we use the 120m from stones and Lukaku and use it for 1/3 stadium (they should be able to finance the rest). Then just say we have the standard 20m kitty and hope Mori jags Galloway can handle CB next year and the 20m kitty will get us a young striker. I've thought this a couple times now.

Prospective owners would surely see more value in us.