IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Agree. Was getting desperately frustrated today. Won a lot of headers and passes, only for supporting players to let him down. Played well bar scoring. Thought a couple of times, he could be in but poor passes stopped that.

The cross from gerry was a peach but he just didn't jump. If he did as he has recently it was a certain goal.

Doubt they will give him 150k tbh but his development this season has been immense starting to be the striker we all hoped he would be

I don't see why, other teams will be paying that kind of money. If he is out scoring players like Aguero, Costa and Rooney, he should be earning similar money. If he doesn't get it here he will elsewhere. We can afford that kind of wage from next season. Show the ambition or lose your best players.

I think the club and Rom will already have an agreement in place regarding him leaving at the right price or giving him a new contract.

I think this is basically the case, Lukakus agent actually told him “you play like a woman, you are too timid”..... something I had said many a time but was dismissed. His aggression levels are far better now.

Remember I mentioned that Alan Ball and Glenn Hoddle said the best way to learn to pass and control was a ball and wall??? well thats apparently what he did - Hoddle said he couldn't believe they never had one at the new FA training ground with all the hi tech facilities. I'm sure we all played SPOT as kids didnt we...

"So, in the summer when I was back in Belgium, I’d just kick the ball against the wall, over and over. I’d be going training with my best friend (Antwerp goalkeeper) Nicaise Kudimbana. We’d do an hour and a half in the morning and the same in the afternoon because the sun was still shining."

what I didn't actually get right was the fact that he has been able to improve - I take my hat off to him there. Night and day difference.

I think this is basically the case, Lukakus agent actually told him “you play like a woman, you are too timid”..... something I had said many a time but was dismissed. His aggression levels are far better now.

Weren't dismissed mate, we all knew his weaknesses and flaws. It was not seeing the things he could/did bring, that were dismissed.

Weren't dismissed mate, we all knew his weaknesses and flaws. It was not seeing the things he could/did bring, that were dismissed.

Not really - far too often there was the churlish responses of "who cares about his first touch when he scores" - "do we want another marcus bent"

No - to be a lone striker you need more tools, you need agression, you need to be a rounded player... he's always been a finisher, I never doubted that. Next up to improve... his right foot.

Spot on !

I also think this thread has been going so long the more personal comments made against the lad have been buried in time.

Not a huge fan of Martinez, but he certainly got this signing right, should he get major credit ? seems many clubs had

spotted his potential, so maybe he was just lucky in getting him.End of the day doesn't matter, he's ours, question now is how long for.If Martinez manages to keep him (I think we can replace Stones more easily than Lukaku), then I will rate him (Martinez)more.

Lukaku is what most thought he'd be, a massive talent, to others, just a case of egg dribbling off a red face !

Not really - far too often there was the churlish responses of "who cares about his first touch when he scores" - "do we want another marcus bent"

No - to be a lone striker you need more tools, you need agression, you need to be a rounded player... he's always been a finisher, I never doubted that. Next up to improve... his right foot.

This right foot? ;)

http://youtu.be/NKJiQO-eYJA

Spot on !

I also think this thread has been going so long the more personal comments made against the lad have been buried in time.

Not a huge fan of Martinez, but he certainly got this signing right, should he get major credit ? seems many clubs had

spotted his potential, so maybe he was just lucky in getting him.End of the day doesn't matter, he's ours, question now is how long for.If Martinez manages to keep him (I think we can replace Stones more easily than Lukaku), then I will rate him (Martinez)more.

Lukaku is what most thought he'd be, a massive talent, to others, just a case of egg dribbling off a red face !

Personal? I'll just stick to football opinions as I always have done. Using my eyes to make an informed opinion - call out the good, call out the bad, state what needs to be improve.... the only bit I got wrong is the fact that I didn't think he would. I'm fine to hold my hands up - I'm secure enough within myself to do that... I don't tend to get hung up with nailing my colours to the mast - many do.

As for you - you still a little obsessed with my posts? Let it go... spend more time in the match day threads - they are the best ones honest.

He's nowhere near consistent as he needs to be with it Joe - his left is like a rocket launcher but defenders put him on his right now and he balloons too many.

I agree that he could always improve his weaker foot. He can improve in lots of areas of his game. That goal shows that he has the ability with his right, but might not be doing enough with it.

The crazy thing is that he's scoring all these goals and putting in dominant performances. Yet, we all can see that there's more he can do. His ceiling keeps getting higher and higher. If he keeps working on his all-around game like he has been, he will be world class.

I agree that he could always improve his weaker foot. He can improve in lots of areas of his game. That goal shows that he has the ability with his right, but might not be doing enough with it.

The crazy thing is that he's scoring all these goals and putting in dominant performances. Yet, we all can see that there's more he can do. His ceiling keeps getting higher and higher. If he keeps working on his all-around game like he has been, he will be world class.

I said I thiunk he can be a very good player at best - I think he's already there so if he continues then the sky is the limit.

Personal? I'll just stick to football opinions as I always have done. Using my eyes to make an informed opinion - call out the good, call out the bad, state what needs to be improve.... the only bit I got wrong is the fact that I didn't think he would. I'm fine to hold my hands up - I'm secure enough within myself to do that... I don't tend to get hung up with nailing my colours to the mast - many do.

As for you - you still a little obsessed with my posts? Let it go... spend more time in the match day threads - they are the best ones honest.

Not obsessed with your posts, just hate Bullshit!

You'ved managed to gloss over some of the things you wrote about the lad, not the rubbish about his holding ability or heading prowess, we could all see that he had work to do in some areas, pretty much like every other member of our squad, no it was the insults ( go back and have a good read ).

Whatever the result, it was always Lukakus fault, he was 'this' he was 'that', never his team mates, it as laughable.

Now you even have the fucking nerve to claim you always said he had it in him :rofl: , seriously, you spend so much time on here, just re-read the thread (you've obviously got time), it's a blast.Or you could just say you were right all along, simply because you post more tham most you must be right !!

Well YOU said you'd rather have Kone that Lukaku........I rest my case!

Squirm and bullshit all you want,you were wrong ! The lad HAS proved you wrong ! Get over it.

I said Re-signing Pienaar was the best thing this club had done for years........I was way off the mark......I was wrong !, see how easy it is.

Yes you do post a lot don't you.......WELL DONE !

I don't wanna come across as being 'in the same camp' as blue 250 here, though I respect his opinion... But Hafnia, first of all I acknowledge that you like Lukaku the way he currently plays and I agree with the opinions you have stated recently about his performances... However, in the past we've frequently differed in our opinions of Lukaku and the one we see today is the same kind of class that I've always seen in him. Only now he shows it more often, or even constantly. I've been seduced in the past to acknowledge that his footballing qualities were never up to a high standard, but really I always knew what he was capable of in terms of dribbling and crossing. I think the difference is inside his head, that's why now he can even play a pivotal role up front as a playmaking striker, whereas it used to be just as a target man.

Blue, you dont hate bullshit, you hate something in yourself which is why you are a trolling bell end. You have been as long as you have been on here spouting your wum shite, you even get a little excited if I have some debate with someone else and you get all excited and try and team up. You are a tit, nothing much else to say other than go find someone else to channel your issues on.

Mirallas, Only a crystal ball and a great deal of optimism would have anyone think that Lukaku would be as good this season as he has. Every criticism I made was valid. He has had some of the worst games and some of the laziest games I have seen.

I may go and quote some posts to support this but I may just ask blue to use hafnia stalking database instead, probably works better. I do actually remember saying kone was a better "footballer" he was, he still is in some ways, certainly from a hold up play perspective.

Mirallas, Only a crystal ball and a great deal of optimism would have anyone think that Lukaku would be as good this season as he has. Every criticism I made was valid. He has had some of the worst games and some of the laziest games I have seen.

I may go and quote some posts to support this but I may just ask blue to use hafnia stalking database instead, probably works better. I do actually remember saying kone was a better "footballer" he was, he still is in some ways, certainly from a hold up play perspective.

Sometimes you can tell, even if a young player has his bad days, that he's gonna be class. I had that experience with Lukaku, and I've seen him play considerably longer than you have. Unless you watch Belgian football. I could simply tell that if he was guided correctly, he'd be top class.

Sometimes you can tell, even if a young player has his bad days, that he's gonna be class. I had that experience with Lukaku, and I've seen him play considerably longer than you have. Unless you watch Belgian football. I could simply tell that if he was guided correctly, he'd be top class.

I did say that he looked like major fundamentals were missing and he was probably lumped in the team the way we seen a young Emily heskey at Leicester.

Blue, you dont hate bullshit, you hate something in yourself which is why you are a trolling bell end. You have been as long as you have been on here spouting your wum shite, you even get a little excited if I have some debate with someone else and you get all excited and try and team up. You are a tit, nothing much else to say other than go find someone else to channel your issues on.

I may go and quote some posts to support this but I may just ask blue to use hafnia stalking database instead, probably works better. I do actually remember saying kone was a better "footballer" he was, he still is in some ways, certainly from a hold up play perspecti

I totally disagree with the bit in bold , I honestly fully expected him to kick on this season. In fact I would go as far as to say you are probably the only man on the planet who didn't see this coming

Haf you are quick enough to pat yourself on the back when you get it right so show a bit of humility and hold your hands up when you get it so spectacularly wrong

I did say that he looked like major fundamentals were missing and he was probably lumped in the team the way we seen a young Emily heskey at Leicester.

Comparing him to Heskey is just an odd thing to do. The intrinsic footballing talent has always bee of a whole different level with Lukaku. I think now that he's proving his worth on the field, I can now say in a risk-free way that in terms of talent, I put him in the same bracket as strikers like Benzema, Forlan, Rooney, Van Persie or Klose. Or even Neymar, although the latter has recently exceeded my expectations at Barcelona, so I'll put him in a higher bracket now.

I totally disagree with the bit in bold , I honestly fully expected him to kick on this season. In fact I would go as far as to say you are probably the only man on the planet who didn't see this coming

Haf you are quick enough to pat yourself on the back when you get it right so show a bit of humility and hold your hands up when you get it so spectacularly wrong

Had you not read the bits that I said??? Thd bits where I said he needed to improve his touch and hold up play and I didn't think he could and that he has?

Comparing him to Heskey is just an odd thing to do. The intrinsic footballing talent has always bee of a whole different level with Lukaku. I think now that he's proving his worth on the field, I can now say in a risk-free way that in terms of talent, I put him in the same bracket as strikers like Benzema, Forlan, Rooney, Van Persie or Klose. Or even Neymar, although the latter has recently exceeded my expectations at Barcelona, so I'll put him in a higher bracket now.

I didn't compare him to heskey I said he was used like heskey, a big kid at 17 who used his size before developing technically.

Had you not read the bits that I said??? Thd bits where I said he needed to improve his touch and hold up play and I didn't think he could and that he has?

You also said that he only stood out as a teenager due to his physicality and that he was just a finisher and would never develop as a player .you also never seemed to acknowledge the amount of assists he gets or the goals he is directly involved in

You had him all wrong on so many different levels it was untrue