Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Why isn't this done yet? Utd have already tweeted. TV interview also done already. Can we please just dump this thread to the wasteland. I keep checking it hoping to see it's all done and dusted, but in all honesty I'm sick of reading it.

Said before, we do nothing until official confirmation, he's still an Everton employee; when he isn't this'll be moved.

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I totally agree with you, Lukaku will never be a top goalkeeper

I think the truth about Lukaku is he is somewhere in between. He's not as bad as Haf makes out but not as good as others make out either.   We will find out a lot about the bloke in the next few wee

Its no secret I like the lad, I dont think Ive argued someones case this much ever. But I started thinking; maybe I'm letting my admiration for the lad get in the way of a proper analysis of him. So,

Posted Images

Who is what aimed at? I'm replying to Haf (for whom I have a lot of time, love to meet up with him for a beer one day, you'd be welcome too :)); we just disagree in this thread, in many we agree completely.

Forum would be dead if we all agreed all the time.

We should actually all/as many as possible try to arrange something one day tbh

Maybe when we lift the Europa cup we can gather?

Said before, we do nothing until official confirmation, he's still an Everton employee; when he isn't this'll be moved.

Yeah, my frustration is with the powers that be at respective clubs that they haven't sorted this out yet. Hopefully it'll be properly sorted the on the morrow and we can move on. The title of this thread has been so spot on at times. Edited by Wall Writer

Why isn't this done yet? Utd have already tweeted. TV interview also done already. Can we please just dump this thread to the wasteland. I keep checking it hoping to see it's all done and dusted, but in all honesty I'm sick of reading it.

They'll announce it at the opening of the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow - it'll be worth more to them.

Implicit bias. Again. Do you not understand this concept? You hate him, therefore your eyes tell you something different than what is actually happening. "My memory and judgment" means nothing anywhere against facts, which in this case, the facts are that he scores a fair number of goals with his right foot and that he is not nearly the one-dimensional player you make him out to be. He often has a shit first touch and doesn't hold the ball up as well as you'd like someone as strong and powerful as him to hold it up. He's also a complete and utter shithead. But that doesn't change the fact that you're delusional.

Do us a favour... break up your posts into paragraphs.

They'll announce it at the opening of the New York Stock Exchange tomorrow - it'll be worth more to them.

Their stock hasn't really gone anywhere for years. Look at the pattern, though: Buy in January, sell in July, and make your money. (Put another way, lots of preseason promise, then realism kicks in around Christmas.)

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/manu/stock-chart?intraday=off&timeframe=4y&splits=off&earnings=off&movingaverage=None&lowerstudy=volume&comparison=off&index=&drilldown=off

If Everton were traded publicly, the stock would be soaring right now. :D

Edited by Cornish Steve

What a prick! ?

Yep.... took wayyyy to long and is no doubt a reaction to a lot of the shit he took for posting pics of his medical and move before it was done

Either way.... he's United ego to manage now.

If I passed on my best wishes to him they would just bounce off him.

For those too lazy to click the link.

I want to say a big thank you to all the people involved at @everton. I want to thank the fans for your support throughout the 4 years we've spend together. You guys helped me through all my games and I can proudly say it was an honour to play in front of you. To the staff at the the stadium and trainingground thank you for making me feel home from the first day i walked in. To my teammates it was great to play with you guys. To technical staff thank you for helping me become a better player. Working with you guys has been a pleasure and i'll take ur advice throughout the rest of my career. Thank you everton football club ?

Anyhow.... I'm done with talking about this lad.

Get him moved, get the thread moved. Let's focus on players who focus on the team and club and not themselves.

Tara Rom... i would say stay in touch... but you need to develop one first.

Ive disagreed with you on many of things regarding Rom but that last part killed me :rofl:

Anyhow.... I'm done with talking about this lad.

Get him moved, get the thread moved. Let's focus on players who focus on the team and club and not themselves.

Tara Rom... i would say stay in touch... but you need to develop one first.

Haha! Yes!

That's it...the curtain has closed.

I've nothing left for this thread.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/826858/Romelu-Lukaku-Manchester-United-Transfer-Rumours-Everton-interview+

Romelu Lukaku to Man Utd: Club are angry with striker because of journalist interview

MANCHESTER UNITED chiefs are livid with Romelu Lukaku - before he's even signed for the club.

You're welcome to him :lol: now get used to it.

Edited by Lowensda

Great start for him isn't it? Not even signed yet and he's given a full interview to ESPN, said bye bye to us, but the cherry on top has to be getting arrested and told to get to court in October.

The sun is "frowned upon" but the daily express is not? ?

Where you from mate?

In our parts and what should be the whole of the country the sun should be fully boycotted. Absolute disgrace of a paper and I'll celebrate when it stops publication.

In the 80's it was a huge paper... easy reading, reasonable for sport, page 3 (topless women) ... but it went and overstepped the mark in a huge way that will never be forgiven or forgotten.

It's sickening to know the sun's sales figures are still high compared to other papers. How the fuck?

Edited by Hafnia

Where you from mate?

In our parts and what should be the whole of the country the sun should be fully boycotted. Absolute disgrace of a paper and I'll celebrate when it stops publication.

In the 80's it was a huge paper... easy reading, reasonable for sport, page 3 (topless women) ... but it went and overstepped the mark in a huge way that will never be forgiven or forgotten.

It's sickening to know the sun's sales figures are still high compared to other papers. How the fuck?

thanks. didnt know Hillsborough was the reason. tbh before religiously following Everton I hadnt even heard about that tragedy.

I actually thought it was not done to post sun articles because of poor level of journalism. (imo express is even worse, and daily mail only slightly better)

Looks to have all the attributes physically which is a great start, there have been many players who have had these attributes who just never made what they should have done, with players up to and including the likes of adriano. We have Anichebe who let's face it is a tremendous athlete, as is Joseph Yobo. I'm sure if you looked at Nyarko you would say the same. Beckford at Leeds is a strong pacey player, but by all accounts needs a few chances to score.

The biggest test is mentality, to be a Drogba you need to be a winner, someone with ice in their veins who can finish when only getting one or two chances a game - or when the pressure is high. This I think is when they reach the 'will they, won't they' stage - to spend £15m before then is a gamble. Drogba was a very late developer in terms of reaching his potential - Chelsea spent £25m plus on a proven european goalscorer.

Got to say though, seeing someone of this type of promise is what keeps the game great, I hope we can get some sort of deal arranged where payments are based on achievements, certainly having an iconic Belgian playing for us will mean that he knows who we are. The only way we are going to have a true world class under 25 striker playing for us is if we bring them through the ranks or we take a gamble on someone like him.

As happens when a post gets moved, I end up back on page one.

First post is Romey saying we have no chance of signing him.

A few posts down is Haf's first post on the then 16 year old prodigy.

If only we knew what was about to unfold....

thanks. didnt know Hillsborough was the reason. tbh before religiously following Everton I hadnt even heard about that tragedy.

I actually thought it was not done to post sun articles because of poor level of journalism. (imo express is even worse, and daily mail only slightly better)

Hillsborough (edit: Heysel, not Hillsborough) actually caused EFC not to be able to play European Football for 3 consecutive years of qualifying for it in the late 80's. All English teams were banned from European football for a few years because of Hillsborough... so you can figure how impactful the consequences of that ban ended up being for this football club and everything Everton missed out on :(

Edited by Mirallas

I agree journalistically. The S*n is what it's always been, it assumes it's readers have the reading ability of a ten year old (and the same level of intellectual development) so they write as if they're talking to kids and make no apology for it. The Express meanwhile was once (many moons ago) a "quality" broadsheet and they pretend on the back of that they still have some gravitas while spouting infantile racist bile.

A lot I think. United create a lot of chances in and around the box, they just haven't had anyone clinical to put them away recently. Falcao, Rashford, Lingard, Martial and an unpredictable Ibra wasted so many chances and led to so many 0-0 draws against lower league teams. Rom will put many of those away. I think Kane will win the golden boot again but Rom will push him close and take 2nd place. My predication for him is between 20 and 25 league goals.

• Matt locked this topic