IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

9 out of 10, don't know which one I got wrong.

Saw a penalty the other day on you tube, where the taker passed to a team mate who scored.The goal scorer was outside the box when the taker touched the ball.It was an international, think it was Holland.The ref signalled a goal.Was new to me, I'd never seen that before !

Lukaku, the most amazing feat of his of his goal scoring, is that he managed to get 20 last season with the crap football we were playing.Every time the ball was about to be delivered into an attacking area............. it was fucking passed sideways, backwards and sideways again, the strikers must have been suicidal.

Surely some of the worst football any Everton team have ever served up.

So well done Rom, £28 million or not, you still stuck 20 in the net.

Beast of a player.

Had to remind myself about his 20 last season, interesting... he got 8 in 9 Europa games and 10 in 36 premier league games. Last season was the only season where he never broke 15 prem league goals in 4 years, which is a strong stat.

Last year was a return of 20 in 48 games (quite a few games that).... he has hit 20 in 31 games this season (16 in the league).

Its fair to say that he has been far better this season than last.

It's great to see him talking so positively about next season:

"...as a team, we are going to get better as well. Next year, next year is going to be fun. This year is exciting, next year even more.

“I can’t say Leicester are going to be champions or we are going to make it to the European spots. But they can and we can. It’s that close. But next year? I can’t wait. I am excited.”

He's a true lad, isn't he.

He's a born winner. Good work ethic and attitude.

He may sometimes look lazy on the pitch but I think that's down more to him needing to learn how to lead from the front rather than him....being....lazy.

Another year or two and there could be a fight between him, Ross and Besic for a white armband.

He's a born winner. Good work ethic and attitude.

He may sometimes look lazy on the pitch but I think that's down more to him needing to learn how to lead from the front rather than him....being....lazy.

Another year or two and there could be a fight between him, Ross and Besic for a white armband.

That would be amazing to have those three here in their prime.

Edited by London Blue

Had to remind myself about his 20 last season, interesting... he got 8 in 9 Europa games and 10 in 36 premier league games. Last season was the only season where he never broke 15 prem league goals in 4 years, which is a strong stat.

Last year was a return of 20 in 48 games (quite a few games that).... he has hit 20 in 31 games this season (16 in the league).

Its fair to say that he has been far better this season than last.

Only 1 in the last 7 games though, and that a penalty.

its not about point scoring but I have been unequivocal in stating that much of roms "unplayableness" stems from him mentality. There are things to see in his behaviours when you know that he quite frankly "can not be bothered"

1. He jogs or walks around when the opposition defence have the ball

2. He does a lot of hands on his head gestures to make out that he's really bothered

3. He does not attack the penalty area, he trapeses round

4. He loses physical contests when he should win them

To be honest the lad needs a proper word in his ear, i'm sick of the cyclical effort levels from him. In the weekend that we see Naismith set about the Liverpool defence and cause havock, we have to watch this potential goal machine just not care really.

7 minutes in and he does that, its a complete and utter joke. I'm sure there are plenty of clips of other players that could be used like that, Barkley for one. But this has gone pretty viral on twitter and I hope he sees it.

Against Stoke he looked more up for it and had an ok game.

Look at his performances since New Year - 2 goals in 9 games and to be perfectly honest his effort levels have been pretty poor. My post above doesn't seem too far off the mark.

I think his game against WBA was as bad as it gets from him. If players mark him closely and sit deep he has no desire for the fight.

Its clear how much we need him playing/applying himself well

Against Stoke he looked more up for it and had an ok game.

Look at his performances since New Year - 2 goals in 9 games and to be perfectly honest his effort levels have been pretty poor. My post above doesn't seem too far off the mark.

I think his game against WBA was as bad as it gets from him. If players mark him closely and sit deep he has no desire for the fight.

Its clear how much we need him playing/applying himself well

Olsonn bullied him that was the standout battle for me and we lost that one heavily.

I did mention the purple patch didn't I

Edited by MC11

Olsonn bullied him that was the standout battle for me and we lost that one heavily.

I did mention the purple patch didn't I

Quite a few people have picked up on this - Otamendi completely intimidated him in the second leg of the semi final against Man City.

He needs to get his head to the place it was in the derby.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premier-league/23/statistics/scorers

second highest scorer in the league. if that goal yesterday gets him going again i can see him winning the golden boot, vardy has gone cold.

You've done it now. I'll have to arrange a 3 day vacation to save myself from smashing my head against a wall.

Edited by Lowensda