IGNORED

Jose Mourinho: "carlos Is Not Too Old"

Chelsea manager Mourinho has held a long-standing interest in the rampaging Brazilian full back, but Real Madrid have previously refused to entertain offers for such a key figure.

The policy at the Santiago Bernabeu may change this summer, with reports suggesting Roberto Carlos could be made available for transfer.

Mourinho has already signed Michael Ballack and Andrei Shevchenko, both 29, but the capture of Roberto Carlos, 33, would significantly increase the average age of the Stamford Bridge squad.

Mourinho, though, claims he is unconcerned by players' ages - preferring to focus on what they bring to the team.

"I'm not one of those who looks at identity cards," said Mourinho. "I'm with those who think what's most important about a player is what he does for 90 minutes, regardless if he is 20, 30 or 40 years old.

"Roberto is a mature player in fine condition, the best in his position.

"It's possible Roberto will sign but I think we have to wait a little longer."

There could be major competition for places on the left flank in West London next term, as reports suggest Mourinho is ready to resurrect his interest in Arsenal's Ashley Cole.

Cole was a Chelsea target last summer, but remained at Arsenal following the 'tapping-up' scandal.

Mourinho is still a fan, though, and is rumoured to be ready to table a £20 million offer.

The transfer activity at Stamford Bridge is expected to continue irrespective of whether the two full backs arrive, as Nigerian star John Obi Mikel is being tipped to sign for Chelsea in the next few days.

A compensation package is reported to have been thrashed out with Manchester United and this would allow The Blues to complete the capture of the Lyn Oslo man.

Carlos is a good attacking full back but when it comes to tackling he aint the best? i would rather have someone like Cole in that postion! if i were Chelsea like! But Carlos is no doubt about it great getting forward, its just getting back! but he is getting on a bit! :)

Carlos is a good attacking full back but when it comes to tackling he aint the best? i would rather have someone like Cole in that postion! if i were Chelsea like! But Carlos is no doubt about it great getting forward, its just getting back!  but he is getting on a bit! :)

:( sorry think hes past his sell buy date, the prem would distroy him like you say forward ok but you need to defend in this leauge at the pace we play a big mistake ,jose buy him now :lol: