IGNORED

World Cup And Champs League Winners..

marcopaulo

can you name the 2 players that have won the champions league and the world cup in the same year?? use the spoiler code to put the answers on :)

for those who don't know how..

spoiler and /spoiler with text in the middle and [] around each word :-)

Edited by marcopaulo

• 3 years later...

I thought it may have been Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Muller but appears both wrong. And then it seems only applicable to champions league and not european cup, that is post, 1994. Should never have started on this but was having a brief look through archives once more. R.Carlos seems feasible enough (Brazil / Real Madrid 2002) but don't know who the other could be, did Barcelona win the CL in 2010 the same year Spain were world champions and it could be someone from there, but then again, may well have been Inter Milan that year. I don't know who the second name could be right now.

There's another question of this variety about which player/s have scored in a european/ FA cup/ world cup/ final etc. But too late for rational thinking.

I couldn't even locate the damn spoiler icon. Seriously, used it before but can't access it now.

Have to say did someone make an error with the mention of the introduction of the champions league in 1992. It wasn't until two or three years later it would be called that, and Ajax Amsterdam were the first winners, or maybe AC Milan before that. What Marseille won in '93 (and then had taken away) was still the European Cup ? Usually good with dates but struggling today a little.

Ok fair enough. Thanks for that assistance.

There's this damn trivia it has to be said about someone winning the league, domestic country cup, World Cup and European Cup and I can't damn well place quite who it was. Keep thinking someone from the Juventus 1985 European Cup winning side, and maybe Paolo Rossi, but not 100 per cent on that. Maybe give it a little thought in due time