IGNORED

Stilian Petrov

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has urged Celtic boss Gordon Strachan not to block Stilian Petrov's dream move to England.

The 26-year-old Bulgaria captain has spent seven years at Parkhead but has handed in two transfer requests in recent months.

Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric has already begun negotiating with the Glasgow giants although Strachan is still hopeful the midfielder will be part of his plans for next season.

However, Redknapp told the Scottish Sun he is keen to grant Petrov his wish of playing in England.

He said: "We're really interested in him but they don't want to sell him.

"I've been told he's put in a transfer request and he's a player I rate very highly. Personally, I'd let him go if I was Celtic boss.

"Sometimes you might not get the best out of a player if he doesn't want to be at the club.

"If he's handed in a transfer request then he can't be happy.

"But he belongs to Celtic and I don't want to get into a war with them.

"If they decided they want to do some business with us then we would definitely be interested.

"Celtic are a fantastic football club but it's not a fantastic league. The Premiership is a million miles in front."

Celtic have described Portsmouth's £3.5 million offer for Stilian Petrov as 'ludicrously low'.

A senior source told the Evening Times that the offer is nowhere near the club's valuation of the midfielder who only signed a new deal in January keeping him at Parkhead until 2010.

However, Petrov has handed in two transfer requests since then and has been linked with a host of Premiership clubs.

The source said "Portsmouth's offer of £3.5m was immediately rejected as it is ludicrously low. We have made it clear we do not wish to sell Stilian, and that remains the case."

Celtic have described Portsmouth's £3.5 million offer for Stilian Petrov as 'ludicrously low'.

A senior source told the Evening Times that the offer is nowhere near the club's valuation of the midfielder who only signed a new deal in January keeping him at Parkhead until 2010.

However, Petrov has handed in two transfer requests since then and has been linked with a host of Premiership clubs.

The source said "Portsmouth's offer of £3.5m was immediately rejected as it is ludicrously low. We have made it clear we do not wish to sell Stilian, and that remains the case."

33364[/snapback]

:( dont rate the lad tbo B)

Have to question his loyaly to any club if only just after signing a new contract (and most prob gettting more money in that time as well) hands in 2 transfer requests.

Maybe a swap deal with Naysmith but other than that no thanks

Have to question his loyaly to any club if only just after signing a new contract (and most prob gettting more money in that time as well) hands in 2 transfer requests.

Maybe a swap deal with Naysmith but other than that no thanks

33615[/snapback]

says were going to put in a bid for naysmith if the bid for kadalec fails and we are also going to put in a bid for graversen according to his agent

Stilian Petrov's agent has claimed the Celtic midfielder is becoming frustrated in his bid to leave the club. The Bulgaria captain is a target for Portsmouth.

33647[/snapback]

;) let harry ave him, dont rate the lad spl is not the prem, think he will come up short B)

if he  plays against Everton in the friendly n  utterly astounds you will you change your opinion

33936[/snapback]

:rolleyes: one game does not make a player :D but iff we do aquire his services i would love nothin more but 4 him to prove me wrong ;)

Neil Lennon fears it will be impossible for Celtic to convince Stilian Petrov to stay in Scotland.

34424[/snapback]

:blink: its obvious the lad wants out, but think celtic playing games after as much cash as possible before they sell ;)