IGNORED

Reduction In The Prem

Its a fucking disgrace, they increase the work load for teams in every other competition and then say they want to reduce the amount of clubs and therefore power in European leagues because it isnt something FIFA have control over. Its another attempt by Blatter to wrestle power away. I fucking hate that man, he knows nothing about football how the fuck can he be in charge of it :angry::angry::angry:

I think they do it in stages over two seasons, two go down only one comes up, so that year there will be 19 in the league and then same again the next year, 2 down 1 up

But the FA should send them packing, we run it as we want to, not how they tell us to run it.

The situation then arises that there would be too many teams in the Championship, and would then have to do the same right through all the leagues.

Could end up with 5 divisions............ 18 in the Prem and 20 in each of the other leagues

This is the same tosser brought in the automatic yellow card for a player taking their shirt off after scoring a goal or celebrating too wildly. Then he had the golden and silver goal farce, that didnt last long. Now this crap and hes never even played football, managed or been involved at club level. Everyone knows there was bribery involved for his re-election, hes a disgrace to the game.

This is the same tosser brought in the automatic yellow card for a player taking their shirt off after scoring a goal or celebrating too wildly. Then he had the golden and silver goal farce, that didnt last long. Now this crap and hes never even played football, managed or been involved at club level. Everyone knows there was bribery involved for his re-election, hes a disgrace to the game.

:angry: blatter is a fuck*n burk, someone should tel this prick the fundermental rules of football cos this tits not got a clue, one more thing i dont think its up to them but the prem board i think ;) still think blatter is a dodgie t*at :lol:

Why is it a bad idea? The quality of the clubs at the wrong end of the premiership has been extremely poor. I had heard the 'West Brom/Pompey/Sunderland/Brum dont deserve to be in the premiership' from many people umpteen number of times.

Such teams(relegation threatened) also lead to the actualy quality of football in the premiership get affected due to the dour defensive game of having 2 banks of 4 defending all the time.

With the top teams getting stronger, its getting more and more difficult for the poorer teams to compete. Although, this might seem harsh to them, the overall quality of football in the premiership will improve.

Thats a load of crap xavier.....

First of all, if those teams have won promotion from lower leagues, they have earned it, and deserve the right to be there.

And secondly, you will always have teams in the lower half fighting relegation, wether there are 40 teams in a league or 18.

Or are you proposing that there should no relegation and no promotion. ?????

If that is the case, we are back to the Super League argument.

Why is it a bad idea? The quality of the clubs at the wrong end of the premiership has been extremely poor. I had heard the 'West Brom/Pompey/Sunderland/Brum dont deserve to be in the premiership' from many people umpteen number of times.

Such teams(relegation threatened) also lead to the actualy quality of football in the premiership get affected due to the dour defensive game of having 2 banks of 4 defending all the time.

With the top teams getting stronger, its getting more and more difficult for the poorer teams to compete. Although, this might seem harsh to them, the overall quality of football in the premiership will improve.

Attitudes like that are what is destroying football the sooner clubs with silly money f*ck off into this super league the better. Its not the clubs at the bottom of the leagues fault they struggle its the clubs at the top pushing up wages & transfare fees and creating an uneven playing field.

If all clubs were forced to opperate within their turnover rather than being allowed to build massive debt underwritten by mega rich people then Chelsea, Arsenal, Manure, Newcastle & the Shite would not be anymore attractive than Sunderland, West Brom, Sheffield United etc. This would mean good players would be distributed all over the league rather than grouped around the rich clubs leveling the playing field and giving 38 evenly competative games throughout the season. Then football would be back to its roots and success would be governed by good management, training & tactics rather than a hundred million pound team with 60mil on the bench playing a 10mil squad.

The teams at the bottom are not lowering the standard of english football the teams at the top are destroying it for their own gains.Bring in wage caps & maximum transfare fees and the standard of football would massivly improve throughout the world because no one would be at an advantage.

Good call aquaman! Saw this morning that as Cisse is going to be out for the first couple of months next season Liverpool may try to bring in Bellamy as cover. It's completely ludicrous that the top clubs are in a position to asset strip even their nearest rivals of their best players.

It's even sadder that (some) top players would rather earn £60,000 a week to play for Chelsea's second team than half that to play somewhere else.

Mike, Fishman and Licker - each in your own way has summed up the feeling of all real footie fans and it is only the likes of Manure, Chelski, RS and Le Arse who would agree with Xavier and Blatter.

Politics is playing an increasingly worrying part in OUR game, because there is massive amounts of money to be made by facless grey suited imbeciles who lack the passion and morals of the rest of us.

By all means make a few quid, but don't dare deign to tell us our league needs improving by stripping clubs of their right to an hour or two in the sun.

Xavier, you are a fool, Blatter you are a c*nt.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22

FIFA have wanted this for years,its not new news everytime the world cup comes round he bleats on about reducing the amount of teams.

When it happens (and it will) they'll stargger it over a couple of seasons.

And guys sorry to burst your bubbles but football has been a buisness for a long time now,players are greedy twats who havent got the brain power to do anything else other than kick a football around for a few years and get paid a kings ranson for the priviledge.

Clubs couldnt give a fuck about supporters anymore they could play to empty stadiums if they wanted with the TV money sloshing around the game,the only thing we're good for is buying shirts every year that they must make at least a 300% profit on.

But when it all goes tits up and it will they'll be back begging for us to come and watch the games and cheer the team on.

Bosses in football are bastards.

First of all, if those teams have won promotion from lower leagues,  they have earned it, and deserve the right to be there.

And secondly,  you will always have teams in the lower half fighting relegation, wether there are 40 teams in a league or 18.

Or are you proposing that there should no relegation and no promotion.  ?????

If that is the case, we are back to the Super League argument.

I have said that the quality of those teams is poor, they play bad football. I have not said that there will be no competetion. If there were 18 clubs, then teams likeFulham might be fighting it out with many others which will make the game worth watching and raise the overall standards surely?

Where have i actually said that there should be no relegation and no promotion?? :S

I was merely stating the points due to which Sepp might have thought of bringing the claim into proposition.

Good call aquaman! Saw this morning that as Cisse is going to be out for the first couple of months next season Liverpool may try to bring in Bellamy as cover. It's completely ludicrous that the top clubs are in a position to asset strip even their nearest rivals of their best players.

Bellamy will not be 'cover'. We were always linked with him as he has trickyness and pace, something which we wouldnt have had, had Cisse left. Cisse leaving was a certainty, atleast till he got injured. And there's an excellent chance that he might be leaving in Jan.

Bellamy also has a 6.5 million release clause in his contract, we're not looking to pay unwanted amounts on him.

Get your facts right. He is not going to be 'cover'.

I think they do it in stages over two seasons, two go down only one comes up, so that year there will be 19 in the league and then same again the next year, 2 down 1 up

But the FA should send them packing, we run it as we want to, not how they tell us to run it. 

The situation then arises that there would be too many teams in the Championship,  and would then have to do the same right through all  the leagues.

Could end up with 5 divisions............ 18 in the Prem and 20 in each of the other leagues

last time they did it 4 went down, only 2 came up.

if they had a league with 19 teams it messes up fixtures a bit coz everyone cant play in the same weekend with odd numbers

Bellamy will not be 'cover'. We were always linked with him as he has trickyness and pace, something which we wouldnt have had, had Cisse left. Cisse leaving was a certainty, atleast till he got injured. And there's an excellent chance that he might be leaving in Jan.

Bellamy also has a 6.5 million release clause in his contract, we're not looking to pay unwanted amounts on him.

Get your facts right. He is not going to be 'cover'.

Touchy...I apologise for my choice of word....but..

1- You are guessing about Cisse, you have no way of knowing any of that is true so to suggest I get my "facts" right is just plain stupid (and rudely put as well).

2- My point still stands.

Xavier said..............Where have i actually said that there should be no relegation and no promotion??

I didnt say you had, if you look back at my post i was asking a question....................."Or are you proposing that there should be no relegation and no promotion. ?????"

Because i had said there would always be teams who struggle and fight for relegation in any league, they cant all finish 1st, but that doesnt mean they are crap and dont deserve to be there.

In your opinion the four teams who went down shouldnt have been in the prem, but they should, because they won promotion from other leagues.

And to go one further and give you another example. ........ if this so called super league ever comes about with all the top teams from europe and other countries, what would happen if Barcelona, AC Milan, and Porto are the Bottom 3 in the league would you say they are crap and didnt deserve to be in the Super League. ????????

I think you have put forward a very weak argument to show why you are in favour of this reduction.

Guest fozzie22
last time they did it 4 went down, only 2 came up.

if they had a league with 19 teams it messes up fixtures a bit coz everyone cant play in the same weekend with odd numbers

yeah i remember that in the late 80s wasnt it?

In addition to Lickers last, what is the point in being in existance as a football club if you are not going to strive for higher and better things.

Accrington Stanley are a case in point, they are on the up. We all want better things for our clubs.

Xav, you have had success for years, don't you want more, ie to win the Premiership, for us it is qualification for Europe, good cup run and a shit load of goals.

In short, what I am saying is this.....

Take away the big prize, by reducing the numbers in the top flight, it has a knock on effect down the divisions, right down to grass roots level.

We want to be left alone, as we are, we are happy.

ATB

Mac

English Football historically & as ever is about " 92 " Teams not " 18 " elites.

That pissed me off aswell, when Blatter said the ELITE leagues would be cut, in other words he was saying the Championship can fuck off because it doesnt matter. Im not saying the Championship is the greatest league in the world, but for fuck sake they still matter and are football, just like every team (including grass roots teams) is football. A fucking fat man in a suit who knows fuck all about football should not make decisions about the teams who help line his fucking pockets, and who incidentally said during this world cup that players should jump to head the ball with their arms by their sides (i mean FFS).

it won't happen FA don't want it, but it think it wud b unfair to just drop 5, but then it wud b unfair to take promotion spots away maybe back to a 4 for 2 years.... tbh i wudnt b tht bothered, i can see both arguements but like xavier said it would make things more interesting, but also harder to survive if you come up which would be a bad thing