IGNORED

Malbranque

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like him here, but hes 29 so we wouldnt get that much out of him

I believe he is only 26, so ideal age really, just the age that moyes seems to like buying! Would be a quality signing [i was also under the illusion he was left footed player with skill which we badly miss]

Could play in the middle or wide and actually create and keep the ball, which i feel was one of our weaknesses last year. Would settle for him and Lescott, in my eyes that would have been a perfect pre season! [presuming England win the world cup!] :D

Bowyer signed for West Ham United on Thursday after the midfielder expressed a desire to return to the capital.

His departure leaves Newcastle with a hole in the midfield and Magpies boss Robson attempted to talk Bowyer in to staying on Tyneside.

"Lee did very well for us at the end of last season and I tried to persuade him to stay," commented Roeder.

"However, he was extremely keen to move back to London and my experience is you do not get the best out of players in those circumstances.

"I considered the best thing was to let Bowyer return south."

Roeder could now invest some of his transfer kitty in Fulham schemer Malbranque, who is on the transfer list at Craven Cottage.

Malbranque was put up for sale at the end of last season after rejecting a new contract with Chris Coleman's side.

He could now be the subject of a bid from the North East as Roeder looks to turn Newcastle into a team capable of challenging at the top of The Premiership next season.

--------------------------

Malbranque - future under the spotlight

FULHAM WANT £5M FOR STEED

Newcastle have hit a stumbling block in their bid to sign Fulham's Steed Malbranque after the Cottagers demanded £5million for his services.

The French midfielder is expected to leave Craven Cottage this summer after refusing to sign a new contract, with Newcastle and Liverpool leading the chase.

But Fulham have told interested parties that Malbranque will cost them £5million, but with just a year left on his current contract, that is a figure Newcastle are unwilling to meet.

However, Newcastle remain confident of getting their man and avoiding a repeat of the stand-off which saw them miss out on Malbranque's team-mate Luis Boa Morte last year.

Newcastle's interest in Malbranque comes as sources in Glasgow link them with a shock £500,000 move for Celtic striker John Hartson.

The Magpies are considering offering the Welshman a one-year deal as they seek to fill the void left by Alan Shearer.

United boss Glenn Roeder is hot on the trail of Dirk Kuyt, but knows he faces stiff competition for the Holland hitman, particularly if he impresses at the World Cup.

And a move for 31-year-old Hartson is favourably regarded as a viable short-term option.

Edited by Adams

firstly no, and secondly hes brought a few, valente was a cl winner, cahill born in aus but its english speakin n hes been here years

hardly alot wen it comes to other clubs ... he still prefers british

Does him being a cl winner make him any less foreign? Just because Cahill can speak english doesnt change the fact that hes not English ffs