IGNORED

The Odd News Thread

Louis

• 3 weeks later...

Not particularly "odd" news (because the royal family have been acting like this for centuries) but I just wondered if anyone had a thoughts on the "Harry naked in Vegas" story?

Personally it doesn't bother me at all (because I don't care a shite about him and his family)....what makes me piss myself is the fact that they were playing pool and taking their clothes off and then when it hits the UK press it's "strip billiards" because he's British you know and would never play such a common game as poolrofl.gif .

Heard it on the radio last night whilst out ocean fishing (amongst other things) and as with Mr Paulo, couldn't give a rat's ass about this, which is basically, another pointless, trivial fucking news item, that desperate rags will publish what they see as 'constitutes a news story'

He's not even fucking royal, his mother was Diana Spencer who married into the family, and was about as Royal as Johnny Vegas's backside before 1981. Bit of a snide kid I always felt, a sort of upper class Terry or Gerrard with a crown on top, will be real pleased I will never see the day he will be 'King of England', third in line to the throne after Charles and Bill. I think that would just about finish me off.

Boring pointless trivial news items such as what we have here are one main reason why I no longer bother with purchase of news publications. Children dying of famine in parts of the world, genocides, animal cruelty, deprived and needy civilizations, but no, let's have front page news of some dumb fucking kid with no clothes on... I'm not going to say another word on this, made me too irritated, should never have started damn it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/19863795

Seeems pretty relaxed about it all considering.

Warrington Wolves: Paul Wood has testicle removed

Warrington Wolves prop Paul Wood has had a testicle removed after rupturing it in Saturday's Grand Final defeat by Leeds Rhinos.

Wood suffered the injury at the start of the second half but played on before going to hospital after the match.

He tweeted: "Ruptured my right testicle, got a knee 1 minute into the second half, had to have it removed."

The 30-year-old added: "Just coming out the hospital to go home... Seriously feel like I've left something?"

require( { baseUrl: "http://static.bbci.co.uk/sport/ui/2.0.1/js/desktop/" }, ["empswitch"], function(empswitch) { empswitch.init(); });Despite his heroics, the Wolves were unable to claim their first title since 1955 as they lost 26-18 to the defending champions.

Wigan-born Wood is not the first sportsman to sustain a painful injury in the line of duty.

Last season, Blackburn Rovers defender Scott Dann suffered a similar injury and was ruled out for six weeks.

Also in 2011-12, Gillingham's Chris Whelpdale split his scrotum in a Boxing Day win over Crawley. The winger was able to take to the field just four days later in a defeat at Dagenham & Redbridge.

In 1986, New Zealand number eight Wayne Shelford sustained a torn scrotum during a ruck in a match against France.

That would be something though, stopped by a Police Unit,- 'excuse me sir, but I have reason to believe you're in possession of an innocuous shrub from a car sales fair'

And they have collected it and it will be 'disposed of', yeah, I'm, sure the Police will find a use for it alright.

Sort of gives 'Pot Plant' a whole new meaning though

and what the fuck were the Police doing reporting or making outrageous notices on social networking pages after the event? These people are public servants, they have a job to do, keeping law and order on the streets, not joking with pals on Twitter or anything about their little raid damn it.

It won't be long now before we'll learn of surgeons in emergency theaters undertaking a triple heart bypass or something and sneaking out the room to tweet away or announce to someone that they've got a holiday booked in Madagascar or they saw a rainbow out the window or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We all need assistance but it's true, it's a damn silly show. One man's genius is another's man's chicken litter. Just some japanese falling into water and making fools of themselves, who needs to watch that. There was something else on once called Ninja Warrior from Japan, and that was actually a much better watch and I almost enjoyed it. There was quite a difference in overall shows.

I found Ninja Warrior quite boring to be honest. It takes good skill to complete and I can understand that but its just not that entertaining to watch - the commentator is beyond irritating too.

I'd much rather watch Japenese go flying head first into a door thats boarded up only to bounce back into a pool of mud and slurry.