IGNORED

The Odd News Thread

Louis

We all need assistance but it's true, it's a damn silly show. One man's genius is another's man's chicken litter. Just some japanese falling into water and making fools of themselves, who needs to watch that. There was something else on once called Ninja Warrior from Japan, and that was actually a much better watch and I almost enjoyed it. There was quite a difference in overall shows.

cant argue with that but thats why I love it. it also the idea of the show.

Ninja Warrior is that assault course right? I liked that but for different reasons, that wasnt for fun, that was a genuine competition. Talking chalk vs cheese there...

Not "odd" news really but not sure where else to put it.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21588586

"The only people who would judge Tom on the findings of the inquest are people who didn't know him. He made choices that night that tragically cost him his life..."

Sad for the family but can't help but think that he made choices that night that quite likely would have (far more tragically) cost someone else their life.

Side note that I worked a few hundred yards from where he died for about fifteen years.

• 2 weeks later...

'A wall of water'. What was it, a fucking tsunami ?

These PSCO's are just plastic police anyway, and will pull you up over a dropped sweet wrapper or cigarette end, so is it really that much of a surprise. I feel sorry for the individual in question who has to pay this absurd fine. I would have just told them where to go in no uncertain terms.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't me they were trying to apprehend.

And what the fuck are 'onesies' ? Stupid word..

Lo and behold they were so impressed with their endeavors they decided to waste time putting it on some social network page. God forbid there was a real crime occuring someplace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-21993374

It's the only way to earn your stripes these days mate. I hope they throw the Jungle Book at him.

Just worried someone may be attacked by some deranged ax murderer and pinky and perky are sitting around somewhere telling Mrs Smith in Sailsbury how they reprimanded some careless dog owner for fouling the footpaths or had some outstanding score at a scrabble game in the staff canteen. May as well do away with law enforcement here and just let people run riot or get up to whatever they desire.

• 2 weeks later...