IGNORED

Deco Not Interested In Blues Switch

Barcelona midfielder Deco has told his former boss Jose Mourinho that he has no plans to link up with him again at Chelsea.

The Portugal playmaker has been consistently linked with a move to the Barclays Premiership champions in a swap deal which would see Chelsea's England midfielder Frank Lampard going in the other direction.

However, Deco insists he has everything he wants in Spain and has no desire to give it all up for London.

Deco told Portuguese radio station Rac 1: "Why would I want to leave? I am happy at my club and in the city, people love me and I have just won a Champions League and a Primera Liga title.

"I already had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea before and I didn't do it, it would make no sense to do it now. As long as my club wants me, I will continue at Barca."

Meanwhile Barcelona are expected to complete the £8million signing of Eidur Gudjohnsen from Chelsea in the next 48 hours.

Chelsea remained tight-lipped over rumours that a deal between the two clubs was imminent but it is widely understood that Gudjohnsen will sign a three-year contract at the Nou Camp.

Gudjohnsen has been at Chelsea for six years but Mourinho admitted the club would listen to offers for the Iceland international after he failed to figure regularly in the Blues' first team last season.

His arrival will end Barcelona's search for a replacement for Swedish striker Henrik Larsson who will turn out for former club Helsingborg next season.

Gudjohnsen's expected departure could be followed by that of Portugal defender Ricardo Carvalho.

Carvalho will be a target, along with several other Chelsea players, depending on the outcome of the presidential elections at Real Madrid.

Presidential candidates Ramon Calderon and Juan Palacios have both insisted they would like the Portugal international if elected, with possible sporting director Jose Antonio Camacho adding: "If we won the elections I predict we would speak to Chelsea for several players.

"It is clear the central defender (Carvalho) is of interest to us."

Edited by Adams