IGNORED

Brett Emerton

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah hes a left winger, we were interested in him when he joined Blackburn. I would like to get him, i havnt heard the story anywhere else though

29887[/snapback]

Think he could be an excellent addition, especially if VDM is going. if we can get him in and maybe do that swap deal mooted with Porto for Benni Mc, I think we could be set for a good season. :D

Moyes has shown some good negotiation skill, especially with Lescott. Getting Wolves to change their terms from £4m up front to £2m and £2m dependant on fitness, shows he has learned a lesson.

Lets hope he can get this one in too, and get rid of VDM, as he seems to want to go. We only want players who wanna play for EFC!

He can play anywhere i think, while hes been at BB he's played all over the place a bit like Neville for us. DM has already stated that he ain't looking to sign any "big name" players now he just wants reliable stand ins to make up the numbers and the competition. Think Emerton would be the type of player to fit the bill on that one B)

when we get a good left winger? With what we have spent this summer I don't reckon we will have the money to get a 'good' left mid till next year at the earliest I think Emerson would be a good signing. Tho as others have said never seen him on the left but when I have seen him play he has been pretty good.

plus it gives cahill someone to tlk to (thats if he stays which i hope i will)

29918[/snapback]

:o hasnt cahill got any mates :o

:D

i would take emerton, i think hes a good player, better than kilbane anyway, as someone said he is versatile and would be a good squad player to have

wouldnt pay over 2 million for him (partly cos i doubt we have that much left to spend! :lol: )

He is one of those players that does heaps for fark all return. A superb Athlete, somewhat a machine. However, he turns the ball over oh so much, his final pass sux & he can get drawn out of pozzie pretty easily.

Always busy, flogs himself, puts in yes, just the results are much what you would get froma right footed Kilbane.

he is what I have always called a GROANER, Makes you groan watching him after a host of good work the final pass, misses, goes out or ends up in the stands & thst if he hasnt turned it over.

Coaches like hime because he is a superb athlete & adaptable.

Still that doesnt make him a great player. I have often wondered if ex coaches whom have rediscovred him have infact stalled his progress.

He was A centre forward @ Sydney olympic, converted to right side mid/wing @ feyenord, much the same @ Rovers, whilst now Hiddink has him playing oft Right back.

Oh the short version of all that is Dont sign this one.

He is one of those players that does heaps for fark all return. A superb Athlete, somewhat a machine. However, he turns the ball over oh so much, his final pass sux & he can get drawn out of pozzie pretty easily.

Always busy, flogs himself, puts in yes, just the results are much what you would get froma right footed Kilbane.

he is what I have always called a GROANER, Makes you groan watching him after a host of good work the final pass, misses, goes out or ends up in the stands & thst if he hasnt turned it over.

Coaches like hime because he is a superb athlete & adaptable.

Still that doesnt make him a great player. I have often wondered if ex coaches whom have rediscovred him have infact stalled his progress.

He was A centre forward @ Sydney olympic, converted to right side mid/wing @ feyenord, much the same @ Rovers, whilst now Hiddink has him playing oft Right back.

Oh the short version of all that is Dont sign this one.

29988[/snapback]

:lol:

Thats a nice round about way to tell us

Guest fozzie22
:lol:

Thats a nice round about way to tell us

29999[/snapback]

as i said shite..

and i remember rightly the shite where linked with him for while and lets be fair they'll sign any fucker and they didnt sign him so i'll say again fucking shite.

Edited by fozzie22

Guest fozzie22
Being bought by Souness isnt always a bad thing, he bought Emre after all and Scott Parker. Emerton isnt shite mate, not at all.

29955[/snapback]

well emre and parker are hardly world beaters are they?

you'll have to come up better examples than those 2 slackers tbh

30002[/snapback]

I agree with you about most thing but i dont think you can call Parker a slacker, i remember him being carried off in a game last season because he was phyically sick he ran that much. Not the sign of a slacker, you're right about the turkish ass**** though.

As for emerton - would be a slight improvement on Kilbane but slight improvement ins't good enough - Pass on this one, anyway looks like the wonderful VDM wants to stay again <_<

Guest fozzie22
Boumsong....or whatver his name, you all no him. The very expensive French defender, whom urrmmm to be frank, well cant defend..... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

30008[/snapback]

That boy was a comedy genious.. :lol:

30002[/snapback]

How about that spanish striker who cost about 10 mil :lol:

Everton EYE EMERTON

Everton boss David Moyes is set to carry on spending spree by landing Brett Emerton from Blackburn.

Moyes has been a busy man since the season ended, adding goalkeeper Tim Howard, centre-back Joleon Lescott and striker Andrew Johnson to his playing staff at Goodison Park.

The Scot still wants to strengthen to his squad, though, and sees Australia winger Emerton as the player to bolster his midfield options.

Reports in the Sydney Morning Herald claim the Rovers star has been talking to Socceroos team-mate Tim Cahill about life on Merseyside, as he is seeking regular first-team football after being edged out of the Ewood Park frame by David Bentley at the end of last season.

Moyes could well lodge a £1.5million bid as Emerton has two years left on his Rovers contract, and he said: "With a bit of luck we might add one or two more before the start of the season, but I would expect that to be a lot nearer the deadline than now.

"I'm looking closely at the World Cup to see if there is anything there.

"I would still like to add another couple of players before the season kicks off for numbers and better competition, so I'm going to push hard for that."