IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Seattle for me. Love marshawn lynch, a freak of nature. Not too sure about the patriots "cheating".

Been a Patriots fan since I watched them get destroyed by Chicago in XX. My natural position of going for the underdog has been challenged by them being very good for a lot of years now.

They won that game (play off) by so much a few less psi in the ball wouldn't have made any difference to the result anyway (even if you believe the allegations, which I don't)..

lynch is a nutcase

He tries to put off the vibe but he's very intelligent. Grew up in Oakland and went to cal-Berkeley, probably the best public university (and hardest to get into) in the nation. He's very smart, just doesn't like talking to the media. He does tons of off the radar stuff for the community, giving out toys and gifts and food to the poor in his area, he just doesn't broadcast it. Very humble and quiet guy, the media just hate that and wish he was loud mouth Richard Sherman, which he's not.

I'm not rooting for the Hawks but lynch is a great back and I love the running game. Growing up its how football was played, now they pass 300 times a game, but I love some old school power running and defense football.

First off I wish him well in his battle with depression, a very misunderstood illness.

However, there is something that just does not sit well with me in his interview.

"I had to die," he added. "This wasn't escaping or running away. This was the perfect answer.

"It made everyone happy and it ticked every box."

I don't like this one bit. Self pity - it made everyone happy??? How does he work that out! Suicide is tragic - absolutely tragic. I find his words damaging if i'm honest. I worry that someone reading that may take it the wrong way.

Depression is depression - loss of self worth etc can trigger it. But he has a lot more than what some people do who fight it. I'm not trivialising what he has been through and will continue to go through, It may just be me but I think the interview could have been done better. (maybe there is more that I haven't read).

I would be keen to understand what he was paid for this interview and what he plans to do with the money if i'm honest. It may well be that he is is donating it to samritans or a mental health charity - I at least hope that is the case.

Edited by Hafnia

Would love that. Queen of the south in the mix as well.

They're my favourite Scottish team. Forget liking Celtic or Rangers it was QotS for me .

I remember watching the vidiprinter on BBC when I was about 7 and they got bet 8-0 or 9-1 or some sort of serious beating and thinking I'm gonna support them from now on.

Been to watch them twice for a laugh with a mate of mine who used to live right by their ground.

The Six Nations starting on a Friday night? The world's gone mad, but a huge opener.

Wales v England always big but tonight's winners will make themselves favourites to win the thing imo and put down a big marker for the World Cup.

Somewhere in the house I've got an England shirt from the 2003 WC (it'd probably even fit me again); if I had a clue where it was I'd put it on :lol:.

Really enjoyed that; gave the taffs a ten point head start and still stuffed them (sorry Geth, Mogsy).

Brilliant second half and could have won by a lot more if the ref didn't have Welsh heritage.

Glad they won but just can't bring myself to watch. I have honestly tried but it's just not for me.

Edited by Romey 1878