IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

If they had any sense of sportsmanship, they would have scored once and left it at that. Disgraceful.

When I used to coach my son's team, and the other team had (because of bad traffic hold-ups, for example) too few players to field a full team, we would play short-handed ourselves. This was the norm when I grew up. These days, it seems that there's no such word as sportsmanship.

He's gotta be on the hot seat. Only problem is every time they call a board meeting the owner never shows!! Owner in limbo has got to be ruining that club. We'll gladly take Delph and benteke on the cheap If they get relegated.

Lerner was for so long the type of buyer that (a certain section of) Evertonians aspired to; Villa were going to leave us in the dust! If you had the time to do the search there would be so many posts from 6/7/8 years ago that would fit snugly in The Vault.

Lerner was for so long the type of buyer that (a certain section of) Evertonians aspired to; Villa were going to leave us in the dust! If you had the time to do the search there would be so many posts from 6/7/8 years ago that would fit snugly in The Vault.

Grass is always greener. Great point mike. He was a terrible nfl owner (Cleveland Browns my hometown) so I'm not surprised. His father was a good owner, but once he died the son didn't really have a clue.

He's gotta be on the hot seat. Only problem is every time they call a board meeting the owner never shows!! Owner in limbo has got to be ruining that club. We'll gladly take Delph and benteke on the cheap If they get relegated.

Another problem being that Lambert just isn't a good manager, and it's a huge myth that he gets his side playing good football.

Name and shame (this was based on a rumour that Lerner had tried to buy us before Villa) :P.

I think we missed the trick when we passed up Lerner, if im honest. Look whats he's done at Villa, with the squad, ground (the new bars and suites), training facilities, improved support in America and now he's actively searching for a billionaire investment. I respect what that guys done for Villa, and im not a Villa lover.

There are hundreds more but I thought I'd pick on J :lol:.

I am the ITK who said Lerner wanted to buy us. It is true - and whether you think he was the right man or not he was dismissed without any chat - not a good move when you seen how Man City have become a power - the fact that Sheik wanted to look at us and was deterred by ridiculous NDA's says it all.

Personally I think we need to look at what Lerner gave to Villa - for me his managers (in particular MON) have wasted the big opportunity his cash gave Villa.

The only thing that can be really aimed at lerner is he gave too much power to MON and he crippled the club with massive player salaries and when he was told to sort it out he threw his toys out the pram.

Personally I beleive if he had a decent manager when he had MON they would not be in this state.