Longest Thread For Sport Talk

23 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wait what. I had no idea that was the case, just assumed yesterday was this year's final. That is bonkers.

Yup so Bilbao, who lost yesterday, have an almost immediate second bite at the cherry.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to Telegraph Sport today, extracts from a book 'Football Leaks: The Dirty Business of Football' by two German journalists claims that Pogba's agent is in line for a 23million pound slice of

The mere fact that they're determined to get playing again behind closed doors tells you it is only money that is the consideration. Football is a spectator sport. Do you know something? All of t

FFP is a load of shite. It allows the likes of United to be saddled with hundreds of millions of pounds of debt but a club like City that can afford to spend the money without going into debt are puni

Posted Images

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Bilbao and sociedad are Basque rivals which adds another element to it.

Studied the Basque region at school many moons ago, it's always fascinated me, as has Catalonia on the opposite coast. Both are geographically in Spain but there are many people in southern France who consider themselves Basques and Catalans.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Studied the Basque region at school many moons ago, it's always fascinated me, as has Catalonia on the opposite coast. Both are geographically in Spain but there are many people in southern France who consider themselves Basques and Catalans.

I am very curious and love reading about that region as well.  The Bilbao side in particular is interesting in that they will only allow basque players.  Real sociedad will allow non-basque players.  They love Scotland and will have Scottish flags at matches because they see Scotland as what they would like to be.  I remember the first time I saw the flags and thinking wtf, went on a long google rabbit hole and learned so much.  Would love to visit that region someday

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I am very curious and love reading about that region as well.  The Bilbao side in particular is interesting in that they will only allow basque players.  Real sociedad will allow non-basque players.  They love Scotland and will have Scottish flags at matches because they see Scotland as what they would like to be.  I remember the first time I saw the flags and thinking wtf, went on a long google rabbit hole and learned so much.  Would love to visit that region someday

Real means royal and was granted by the Spanish monarchy to some team’s to use, Real Sociedad removed the name Real in turbulent times then reinstalled it in more favourable times. 
Most of Spain speak Castilian Spanish about 92% which is loyal to Madrid. 
My friend learnt how to speak Spanish in or so he thought when he worked for 2 years in Barcelona on the Olympic Village, then he moved to Andalusia region of Spain about 22 years ago full time and then had to learn Castilian, because his Catalonian wasn’t going down to well with the locals. 

Anyone else would be facing charges of some sort for this surely?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/56668821

He was doing 87mph in a 45mph zone? Just very lucky he hurt only himself but that was luck rather than judgement. 

"The car's so-called 'black box' data recorder showed Woods engaged the accelerator and never applied the brake during the incident. That could indicate he may have mistakenly hit the wrong pedal while trying to control the car."

"It's believed that when you panic or you have some sort of sudden interruption while you're driving, your initial thought is to hit the brake and it's believed he may have done that but hit the accelerator."

Bullshit. People on their first lesson or two at seventeen may hit the fast pedal by accident but nobody with the tiniest bit of experience would, it's pure instinct and the vast majority of Americans only have two pedals to choose from anyway (and the brake is the big-arsed one) so it's not rocket science.

i agree mike, i don't get how they won't charge him for blatantly breaking the law.  

SIDE NOTE:  what the F is wrong with these rich people that they can't hire a full time driver.  it's 100k salary and you never have to worry about driving or drunk driving or anything anymore.  A driver would be the first thing i would buy if i got rich.  

On 15/04/2021 at 09:18, Romey 1878 said:

I think there is something in this.

In our 5-a-side team, some dickhead decided we should play in a luminous pink kit. It really was a lot easier to pick someone out of the corner of your eye. It didn't help the quality of our football but at least I could see the person I was trying to pass to that split second quicker before a I passed it to the other team.