IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Does that mean the fact she got into a bar underage means nothing?

Don't know the facts of the case Matt but the fact that the charges relate to events over a period of two months makes what happened on one particular night not exclusively relevant.

Don't know the facts of the case Matt but the fact that the charges relate to events over a period of two months makes what happened on one particular night not exclusively relevant.

Exactly. I said when it all first came out that we shouldn't jump on him before we knew more because it may have just been an innocent mistake, but as more has come out it doesn't seem like he has any defence.

Anyone seen trainspotting? Where Renton pulls the girl in a nightclub and she goes to school the next day? That could be the scenario...

Not seen it but I can imagine the scenario as a one-off.

Wouldn't cover the "grooming" charge though.

Anyway,innocent until proven otherwise.

I notice that my previous post got 2 likes. I hope you both realise I was being sarcastic? Because I have nothing but scorn for the "achievements" of jockeys/ In fact, I take a bit of pleasure when they fall and get hurt. They should count themselves lucky they aren't killed like the horses are if they break a leg :dry: .

I notice that my previous post got 2 likes. I hope you both realise I was being sarcastic? Because I have nothing but scorn for the "achievements" of jockeys/ In fact, I take a bit of pleasure when they fall and get hurt. They should count themselves lucky they aren't killed like the horses are if they break a leg :dry: .

Everything you say is sarcastic we are well aware. I agreed because I laughed and also agree. Horse does all the work, little tiny person just rides them.

Yup; annoyed the crap out of me when he got SPOTY.

Jockeys deserve a shit load of credit. What they put themselves through to make weights, the injuries etc etc is pretty severe. They are up early hours, train hard and are seriously tough bastards.

AP McCoy is a true legend.

To national hunt fans in England and Ireland. My point was that comparing him to Bolt, Federer & Woods is daft, they are global legends.

I don't know a lot about racing but I suspect a major factor in him being champion for so long is because he was retained by the best trainers and rode the best horses.

Non-league team I supported as a kid (who I've mentioned multiple times over the years) avoided a second successive relegation today. Since the start of Feb when they were bottom by miles they've taken twenty-nine points from seventeen games including winning the last three (having got only seventeen from the first twenty-three); manager walked out and took half the team with him but turned out to be a blessing as the new boss + players have been brilliant. And they train at my old school.

Combined Counties Premier League. Guildford City. On the up again :).

To national hunt fans in England and Ireland. My point was that comparing him to Bolt, Federer & Woods is daft, they are global legends.

I don't know a lot about racing but I suspect a major factor in him being champion for so long is because he was retained by the best trainers and rode the best horses.

Yeah I see what you mean but yeah he has ridden some poor horses to victory in races where his judgement was key.

Enough to make you fume at the clowns in control of our club. I could handle watching Man City undergo their massive transformation, their fans have stuck with them through thick and thin and they are a proper club.

Watching West Ham go through the same would really annoy me.

I consider WH a proper club and they've definitely got loyal fans.... Not sure why you'd begrudge them and not City? Both pretty similar clubs to us.

I consider WH a proper club and they've definitely got loyal fans.... Not sure why you'd begrudge them and not City? Both pretty similar clubs to us.

Not for me, West Ham were gifted with a ridiculous amount of young talent a few years back, defoe, carrick, cole, lampard, ferdinand - they could have retained them longer and had a real go at the league, they sold the family silver. No ambition.

i know right? the 3 biggest teams could all be banned. honestly i applaud this action. it's great to see FIFA actually putting their foot down and punishing the big boys, gives me hope that more fairness could be integrated into the sport.

A more appropriate punishment would be to share a seasons TV money from the guilty teams among those teams not guilty and add a bit of balance to the league. The way the TV money is share in Spain is a joke.